Unite for sight and other volunteer opportunity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjkpark

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am an SHO in ophthalmology (UK/Aus/NZ etc equivalent of 1st year resident, although I'm not yet officially on training program). I'm looking for a volunteer opportunity in ophthalmology. I think United for Sight would be a good program for me except that I've done another big fundraising program for Oxfam (which raised $3000+) and it is bit difficult to do another so soon.

Can anybody share their United for Sight or other international volunteer experiences? How did people fundraise (especially those who have done more than United for Sight programs?)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Can anybody share their United for Sight or other international volunteer experiences?

Shocking! I found how lousy they do cataract surgery in the third world (or at least in that one hospital in the primitive country). That's why people will lie and say that they want to go back to their country but really plan to stay in the U.S.

Well, thanks, any other feedbacks on United for Sight programmes? There were some fans on this site previously, no?