Univ Guelph anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheSter

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post... please be gentle. Anyone know if there is an internationl ranking of veterinary schools? i have seen tons of US vet rankings, and international undergrad rankings, but no international vet school rankings. Also, does anyone have any information on the university of guelph thats not on their website? i am waitlisted at a few schools not but no official acceptances anywhere except Guelph. Everyone i met at the school seemed nice and the students i talked with had nothing but good things to say and i enjoyed the city. but i am still unsure. any information would help me. Thanks
Nick

Members don't see this ad.

Speaking of which Ive never seen the rankings of US vet schools. Anyone know how their ranked for the most recent edition?

Hi, this is my first post... please be gentle. Anyone know if there is an internationl ranking of veterinary schools? i have seen tons of US vet rankings, and international undergrad rankings, but no international vet school rankings. Also, does anyone have any information on the university of guelph thats not on their website? i am waitlisted at a few schools not but no official acceptances anywhere except Guelph. Everyone i met at the school seemed nice and the students i talked with had nothing but good things to say and i enjoyed the city. but i am still unsure. any information would help me. Thanks
Nick

You will find much discussion on this forum about ranking in general. Most students find that ranking is NOT useful. You have to consider who ranked the schools and how? Most of it is based on research output or something like that. Not exactly applicable to us all. You should rank the schools by your own methods. Where can you live? Which place seems like a place you want to be for 4-5 years? Tuition, cost of living, elective type curriculum vs. non-specialized curriculum - it is all up to your individual likes/dislikes.

Members don't see this ad :)
NM! Found it using that wonderful thing called search!

I think US World Report did this ranking. Eh I can't remember. Anyway, its the "bible" of rankings. The only ones I remember are:

1. Cornell University

2. ?

3. University of Pennsylvania

4. North Carolina State

5. Texas A&M

I agree with birdvet. I don't find the rankings to be very useful (or true).

UC Davis was in the top 5 and then got placed on provisional accreditation status for out of date facilities.

The US News Vet School Rankings are out this weekend.

Rank/School Average assessment
score (5.0 = highest)
1. Cornell University (NY) 4.5
2. Colorado State University 4.3
University of California--Davis 4.3
4. University of Pennsylvania 4.1
5. North Carolina State University 3.9
Ohio State University 3.9
Texas A&M University--College Station 3.9
University of Wisconsin--Madison 3.9
9. Michigan State University 3.8
10. University of Minnesota--Twin Cities 3.7
11. University of Florida 3.6
12. University of Georgia 3.5
13. Tufts University (MA) 3.4
14. Auburn University--Main Campus (AL) 3.0
Purdue University--West Lafayette (IN) 3.0
University of Tennessee--Knoxville 3.0
Washington State University 3.0
18. Kansas State University 2.9
University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign 2.9
University of Missouri--Columbia 2.9
Virginia Tech/University of Maryland 2.9
22. Louisiana State University--Baton Rouge 2.8
23. Oklahoma State University 2.5
24. Mississippi State University 2.1
25. Oregon State University 1.8
26. Tuskegee University (AL) 1.7
27. Iowa State University 0.0
Western University of the Health Sciences (CA) 0.0

I posted a forum on Guelph.....you can find info from people who go there and people who want to go there....good luck....I was offered and interview but I'm going to Colorado. Good luck!