Univ of Chicago in Hyde Park?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NightyNight

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
An old friend reached out to me if I was interested in a clinical associate job. Saw some numbers. It’s like being an associate professor but zero research requirements.

How’s that work environment nowadays? Toxic? Any ringleaders there? How are junior faculty treated?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
An old friend reached out to me if I was interested in a clinical associate job. Saw some numbers. It’s like being an associate professor but zero research requirements.

How’s that work environment nowadays? Toxic? Any ringleaders there? How are junior faculty treated?

I know a bunch of anwsthesiologists that jumped ship from UofC to NMH a few years back because it was so terrible. Lots of nepotism and their bonus structure is made to massively benefit the older guys with ivory tower credentials that take little call. Meanwhile the workers get crushed with trauma calls and busy days. I think they upped the pay. But other than that not sure if things have changed much. All hearsay so corroborate this with other sources.

Reactions: 1 user
I know a bunch of anwsthesiologists that jumped ship from UofC to NMH a few years back because it was so terrible. Lots of nepotism and their bonus structure is made to massively benefit the older guys with ivory tower credentials that take little call. Meanwhile the workers get crushed with trauma calls and busy days. I think they upped the pay. But other than that not sure if things have changed much. All hearsay so corroborate this with other sources.
How many jumped ship and what year? I know when trauma started, a lot of them left.

And then how about UIC? Do they have part time faculty?

Last edited: