1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

univ of pacific

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dental, Nov 9, 2001.

1. dental

dental Member
    7+ Year Member

does any one know...
    how many interviewed and how many accepted?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. waiting

waiting Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

They interview about 300 out of the applicant pool of 1800-2000......if you're interviewed, you're in (98% of interviewees accepted)....I got these stats from the Dean of Admissions during my interview there recently.

good luck! :cool:

4. eschou01

eschou01 Member
    7+ Year Member

So if getting an interview means you're basically in, then they are prepared to give out almost 300 acceptance letters? What if everyone accepted decides to attend? They are comfortable with enrolling a potential class of 300?? Wow.

5. waiting

waiting Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Their entering class size is right around 140 every year, give or take a few....like every dental school, Pacific has statistically calculated what their normal retention rate is on offers of admission made/offers accepted.......so their ratio is about 2:1, and the fact that almost 50% of those admitted decide to attend Pacific is pretty impressive, most schools have a much smaller percentage of those accepted actually deciding to enroll.

So I guess that yes, technically if all 300 decided to accept the admission offer then the school would be screwed, but that's never happened at any school....although I should mention that the current second year class at Pacific had this problem of more people accepting the offer then the school had anticipated...this resulted in a class size that was 7-8 students larger than normal....