univ of pacific

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dental

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
does any one know...
how many interviewed and how many accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

They interview about 300 out of the applicant pool of 1800-2000......if you're interviewed, you're in (98% of interviewees accepted)....I got these stats from the Dean of Admissions during my interview there recently.

good luck! :cool:

So if getting an interview means you're basically in, then they are prepared to give out almost 300 acceptance letters? What if everyone accepted decides to attend? They are comfortable with enrolling a potential class of 300?? Wow.

Their entering class size is right around 140 every year, give or take a few....like every dental school, Pacific has statistically calculated what their normal retention rate is on offers of admission made/offers accepted.......so their ratio is about 2:1, and the fact that almost 50% of those admitted decide to attend Pacific is pretty impressive, most schools have a much smaller percentage of those accepted actually deciding to enroll.

So I guess that yes, technically if all 300 decided to accept the admission offer then the school would be screwed, but that's never happened at any school....although I should mention that the current second year class at Pacific had this problem of more people accepting the offer then the school had anticipated...this resulted in a class size that was 7-8 students larger than normal....