WAMC for University of the Pacific Pre-dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Levendeur

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I currently attend grade 11 in Canada. I was wondering about my chances to get into UOP's 2+3 program, what I should do to improve those chances, and what other schools with similar programs that I can apply to. I'm not really familiar with other accelerated programs in the States.

GPA: I'm not sure on this one (we use percentages), but my lowest mark ever was an 85% in grade 9, while my respective overall averages in grade 9, 10, and 11 (currently) are 90%, 95%, and 96%. I try to take the hardest courses that are available to me at school. I'm taking a secondary language for all 4 years in high school.

SAT 1: 1510, I'm planning on rewriting it soon.
SAT 2: I haven't written any yet, but I'm planning on writing SAT Chemistry and Math 2.

AP exams: Microeconomics (scored 5), Physics 1 (scored 4). I'm writing Macroeconomics, Computer Science A, Chemistry in a few weeks.

AP courses: Economics. Next year, I'll be taking AP Calculus, AP Physics, AP Chemistry, and AP Biology.

Extracurriculars: Tennis team member for 3 years (and counting), head of the Computer Science Club, doing research at a hospital (will do a LOT more during the summer), and shadowing my parent who is a dentist.

I did pretty well on an international piano competition and got invited to play piano at Carnegie Hall, if that counts for anything.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Your stat looks good. One of my friends is in the 2+3 track( got in last year), his SAT is 1490 and according to him, many of his classmates’(pre dent too) stat are lower than his. He has 8 score 5 and one score 4 for the AP. Hope it helps.

Reactions: 1 user
Your stat looks good. One of my friends is in the 2+3 track( got in last year), his SAT is 1490 and according to him, many of his classmates’(pre dent too) stat are lower than his. He has 8 score 5 and one score 4 for the AP. Hope it helps.
I'm technically an international student though, how much of an impact do you think that would make?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I currently attend grade 11 in Canada. I was wondering about my chances to get into UOP's 2+3 program, what I should do to improve those chances, and what other schools with similar programs that I can apply to. I'm not really familiar with other accelerated programs in the States.

GPA: I'm not sure on this one (we use percentages), but my lowest mark ever was an 85% in grade 9, while my respective overall averages in grade 9, 10, and 11 (currently) are 90%, 95%, and 96%. I try to take the hardest courses that are available to me at school. I'm taking a secondary language for all 4 years in high school.

SAT 2: I haven't written any yet, but I'm planning on writing SAT Chemistry and Math 2.

AP exams: Microeconomics (scored 5), Physics 1 (scored 4). I'm writing Macroeconomics, Computer Science A, Chemistry in a few weeks.

AP courses: Economics. Next year, I'll be taking AP Calculus, AP Physics, AP Chemistry, and AP Biology.

Extracurriculars: Tennis team member for 3 years (and counting), head of the Computer Science Club, doing research at a hospital (will do a LOT more during the summer), and shadowing my parent who is a dentist.

I did pretty well on an international piano competition and got invited to play piano at Carnegie Hall, if that counts for anything.

Thanks!
Sound pretty good. I'll let you in.

Hey guys,

Thanks!

I'm an international student at UOP so I have experience applying to accelerated programs. PM me if you need anything!!