Univ of Washington Initial Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recieved the exact same email from them twice. They were separated by about three days. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

DoctorB said:
I recieved the exact same email from them twice. They were separated by about three days. Anyone else?

The email stating that they've received your AMCAS application and you're currently in the screening process? I only received it once. It was probably just a glitch in their system if you received it more than once.

Note: I'm outside of the 5-state region they serve.

are you talking about UWash in seattle? (sorry, had to ask cuz a lot of people call Wash U, UWash on accident). if you are talking about the seattle one, i am in state and did not receive any email twice. if you talking about Wash U, then i can't help you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received it once and the secondary came the next day. If you are a WWAMI, you might call because maybe they meant to send you the secondary.

Actually, I take that back. My secondary notification came in an email that was titled "Univ of Washington Initial Letter" and I just got one.... received AMCAS & secondary together.... but Im a resident.

You only can apply to the university of washington if you are from one of five states?

MSTP? said:
i received the same email on 7/28 and 7/29. i´m a C last name and also applying MSTP (OOS) - maybe those are reasons.

Oh.... that makes sense now :p

DoctorB said:
You only can apply to the university of washington if you are from one of five states?

No, anyone can apply, but they give very strong preference to residents of those five states (Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana and Idaho). However, if you are applying from out of that 5-state region, you must demonstrate a dedication to rural or underserved populations in order to be considered.

I'm OOS and received 2 e-mails. One confirming receipt of AMCAS and another sending me the secondary application.

zach1201 said:
I'm OOS and received 2 e-mails. One confirming receipt of AMCAS and another sending me the secondary application.

congrats zach on making it past. its a cheap one too, only $35. best of luck :luck: :luck: :luck:

DoctorB said:

YEAH I did... initially on the 25th and then again on the 28th

spospo said:
congrats zach on making it past. its a cheap one too, only $35. best of luck :luck: :luck: :luck:

Merci beaucoup.

DoctorB said:

I got two as well, but I just checked my status on it and what I had submitted was still in the system. Must've been a glitch.