University Minnesota Duluth or Drexel Med?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Exhalted

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all I have a tough conundrum here,

I took the drexel post bac and thus have experience with almost all of the first year classes and 2nd year pathology. THerefore I will be facing repeat exams, and lectures. I have friends in Philadelphia, have become a bit rooted in and know the good places to study and knowledgable professors for questions. Drexel does not have an affilitated hospital currently that is close to the school and I assume their clinicals are average at best (don't really know how to examine this one).

Minnesota is $20,000 cheaper for the first 2 years. Duluth is about primary care and rural medicine - something I am no longer interested in, however after the first two years you go down to minneapolis for rotations - some of the best clinicals. I am from minnesota and could fit in there quite well also.

Will I be giving up too much by going to Drexel because it will be easier on me?

Thanks for all of your responses and help. I never thought I would have been blessed enough to be able to choose between schools. So I never fleshed this out in my head prior.

Members don't see this ad.

mynameistino said:
Hey, I'm from Minnesota too. What year are you in?

Hi, I'm in for fall of this year. You? What college?