Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
If anyone can give me some feedback about UAB School of Optometry, that would be great!
I am a current applicant who is now considering applying to UAB because my parents have just moved to Birmingham to work there. I currently live in CA so I will be an out-of-state applicant. However, I'd like to know if I can apply for residency after a year like other state schools like SUNY. How are my chances as an out-of-state applicant (because I heard they dont accept as many)? What is the school well known for? The pros? The cons? Any personal experiences?
I actually spoke to an optometrist who works there and he told me he feels UAB is one of the best in the nation. I wonder how other students or alumni feel about that even though I know there is no ranking for the schools. I am also planning to possibly go with this doctor to the university this Sunday (since I am visiting from CA and my mom happened to have a customer whose husband is an optometrist). If you have pointers for what kind of questions are good, that would be great too. I am nervous, but I really have nothing to lose with going on a visit with him.
I am also applying to other schools (SCCO, PCO, NECO, ICO, SUNY, maybe NOVA) as well. But UAB is a good choice because I can also stay close to my parents, help them with business, and I have a few family members here as well... as weird as that is (since I have been born and raised in LA area all my life). Thank you for your input in advance. =D
If anyone can give me some feedback about UAB School of Optometry, that would be great!
I am a current applicant who is now considering applying to UAB because my parents have just moved to Birmingham to work there. I currently live in CA so I will be an out-of-state applicant. However, I'd like to know if I can apply for residency after a year like other state schools like SUNY. How are my chances as an out-of-state applicant (because I heard they dont accept as many)? What is the school well known for? The pros? The cons? Any personal experiences?
I actually spoke to an optometrist who works there and he told me he feels UAB is one of the best in the nation. I wonder how other students or alumni feel about that even though I know there is no ranking for the schools. I am also planning to possibly go with this doctor to the university this Sunday (since I am visiting from CA and my mom happened to have a customer whose husband is an optometrist). If you have pointers for what kind of questions are good, that would be great too. I am nervous, but I really have nothing to lose with going on a visit with him.
I am also applying to other schools (SCCO, PCO, NECO, ICO, SUNY, maybe NOVA) as well. But UAB is a good choice because I can also stay close to my parents, help them with business, and I have a few family members here as well... as weird as that is (since I have been born and raised in LA area all my life). Thank you for your input in advance. =D