University of Arizona Tucson and Phoenix Class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zona2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone

Just wanted to post this thread to see if there were any students in this application cycle.

Also, I got an interview here for early decision!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations! Did you choose Phoenix or Tucson campus?

I just got my interview invitation as well! Do you know anything about the interview process or any insight?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! I have friends who told me that it is going to be about 25 minutes to answer the questions. There is an essay question you have to answer out of three which you will do either before or after the interview. Also, there will be a tour so wear comfortable shoes because you will have to walk around. These information based on last year's interview process so they might have changed things around. Good Luck!!!

Reactions: 1 user
I had to pospone my interview due to a personal emergency but i will be there for the next interview date. what questions do they ask in the blue book?

Congratulations! Did you choose Phoenix or Tucson campus?

I put either on the application, I am still deciding between Tucson and Phoenix. On one side, phoenix seems like a market with a lot more opportunities while tucson has more of the "academic" opportunities. Right now im leaning towards the Tucson campus because we wouldnt have to move and its cheaper cost of living, but I'm also considering phoenix would be a better fit me and my wife.

So I got an interview invite for October 11th, 2019. We'll see how it goes.

Do you mind sharing your stats? Good luck on interview!

PCAT: around 70th Percentile Composite. Would have been higher but I bombed the chem part.
GPA: 3.4

A lot of research, some pharmacy and health experience with some life experience thrown in.

I just heard that the U of A interview process changed. Anyone had their interview yet???

I just received an interview invite yesterday for the November round, anyone have any tips? I haven't interviewed before and so I will be in preparation mode soon

But also congrats to those who got in :)

I just received an interview invite yesterday for the November round, anyone have any tips? I haven't interviewed before and so I will be in preparation mode soon

But also congrats to those who got in :)

Its interesting. First, it takes close to 4 hours, so plan accordingly, take snacks if needed. The first part is one of the deans comes in and talks about the school and what they are aiming for. Then the multiple mini interviews which is that 4 professors will ask you 1 different question each. Then a Q&A session with students and then the essay portion. Finally another dean will talk and answer questions. It will go by pretty quick and I think that it will give an idea if you will like the school or not. Admissions decisions are supposed to come at the latest 2 weeks but mine came back in less than a week.

Which campus are you applying to?

Its interesting. First, it takes close to 4 hours, so plan accordingly, take snacks if needed. The first part is one of the deans comes in and talks about the school and what they are aiming for. Then the multiple mini interviews which is that 4 professors will ask you 1 different question each. Then a Q&A session with students and then the essay portion. Finally another dean will talk and answer questions. It will go by pretty quick and I think that it will give an idea if you will like the school or not. Admissions decisions are supposed to come at the latest 2 weeks but mine came back in less than a week.

Which campus are you applying to?
Thanks for your response! I really appreciate it!

And probably Tucson, but I'm open to either one really. I don't really know what the difference would be in choosing one over the other

Thanks for your response! I really appreciate it!

And probably Tucson, but I'm open to either one really. I don't really know what the difference would be in choosing one over the other

Honestly, depends what your goals are and what type of environment you are looking for. Tucson is where the main school facilities are located and its the college town environment. In Phoenix, the campus is in downtown and is more of a professional modern vibe to it.

Honestly, depends what your goals are and what type of environment you are looking for. Tucson is where the main school facilities are located and its the college town environment. In Phoenix, the campus is in downtown and is more of a professional modern vibe to it.
Update: I had my interview on the Phoenix campus, and I ended up taking a liking to it more than I initially thought. Therefore, I have chosen the Phoenix campus lol

Update: I had my interview on the Phoenix campus, and I ended up taking a liking to it more than I initially thought. Therefore, I have chosen the Phoenix campus lol

Awesome glad you liked it. Its a pretty cool facility in the middle so it has its appeal.

Congratulations on being accepted to Phoenix Campus! May I ask you if you applied for early or regular admission Also, can you tell me about your interview experience? Thank you

Last edited:
PCAT: around 70th Percentile Composite. Would have been higher but I bombed the chem part.
GPA: 3.4

A lot of research, some pharmacy and health experience with some life experience thrown in.
The GPA that you listed is cumulative or science and math?