University of Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Kerry Cline said they do deny people after interviews, so "alternate" isn't just a polite way of saying "denied unless everyone turns U of A down". However, their office is really stressed and overloaded, so they are strongly discouraging contacting them about admissions status - I recommend following that, or else, you might be greeted with...:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else get any news from the school?

Does anyone know how the alternate list works with U of A? Or does anyone have any experiences with being on the waiting list? I don't know how many people get placed on the alternate list and how they rank those applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that were accepted and payed your deposit, did you get an email from the school requesting you comlete and submit a graduate program application? I did it, but was not happy about the $50 application fee, oh well I guess...

I got that email and set of instructions.
I believe this would be the last payment we have to make (other than books and tuition) for all this acceptance process. I just hope that I can get in-state residency since by June, I will have lived here for 1 year.

rxcrystal....any news yet from colorado? UofA?

Looks like littlebug turned down UofA to head to San Diego, so at least one spot has opened up...

Yup! I have turned down UofA since I'm from California and wanted to stay in state. I wish you could just give your spot to someone. I hope you get it rxcrystal! Good luck!

rxcrystal....any news yet from colorado? UofA?

Looks like littlebug turned down UofA to head to San Diego, so at least one spot has opened up...

You guys are so sweet looking out for me. Colorado has their last interview tomorrow the 14th so hopefully I will hear soon after and Nevada is still doing interviews. I just sent in the final paperwork over the weekend to officially be on the Alternate List at UofA. All I can do now is make sure I get A's in all my Spring classes so that maybe I will stand out at the end of the semester. I wonder if I should contact Marty Baker and ask her where I rank on the A. list. What do you guys think? Again, thank you guys for your support (Especially JJRAZ and Az_drugdlr)!:)

You guys are so sweet looking out for me. Colorado has their last interview tomorrow the 14th so hopefully I will hear soon after and Nevada is still doing interviews. I just sent in the final paperwork over the weekend to officially be on the Alternate List at UofA. All I can do now is make sure I get A's in all my Spring classes so that maybe I will stand out at the end of the semester. I wonder if I should contact Marty Baker and ask her where I rank on the A. list. What do you guys think? Again, thank you guys for your support (Especially JJRAZ and Az_drugdlr)!:)

oops and of course Littlebug. Sorry.

I would probably wait to contact her, I think the acceptance deadline just passed. I emailed her last week to see if they had recieved my deposit and she did not email me back until yesterday, so I guess that means that they are very busy......it would be interesting to find out how that list works though!

What happens if you get accepted into colorado or USN and then later find out of got into UofA?

I would probably wait to contact her, I think the acceptance deadline just passed. I emailed her last week to see if they had recieved my deposit and she did not email me back until yesterday, so I guess that means that they are very busy......it would be interesting to find out how that list works though!

What happens if you get accepted into colorado or USN and then later find out of got into UofA?

That's a tough question. UofA would be the most ideal school to go to because of the tuition and location. USN is 3 years, not too far, and the climate is very similar to Phoenix. Colorado-I have lived in Phoenix my whole life and to have the opportunity to live somewhere for 4 years that actually has 4 seasons would be a good experience, plus Denver is such a cool city and it is an excellent school like UofA. My first response would be that I would pay my deposit to whatever school out of state and if I get accepted to UofA, right now I would take UofA. I have a feeling though that once I get accepted somewhere else I am going to be so excited about that town and start looking for housing so maybe by the time I hear from UofA I will have my mind met. We'll see.

My first response would be that I would pay my deposit to whatever school out of state and if I get accepted to UofA, right now I would take UofA. I have a feeling though that once I get accepted somewhere else I am going to be so excited about that town and start looking for housing so maybe by the time I hear from UofA I will have my mind met. We'll see.

Even though Midwestern-CPG and UofA are only 2 hours apart, after I put my deposit down there I alrady started planning where I was going to live, started the financial aid stuff etc. and had my mind set on going there, but when I recieved the acceptance from UofA, I was really confused on what to do for a few days, but quickly came to my senses....UofA was were I was heading, cheaper and close to home, and probably a better school, good luck once again, hope to be hearing some good news from you soon....

I would definitely wait. Kerry Cline was very clear in the pre-pharm meeting in making sure NO ONE email her about admissions status. I wouldn't want you to get on her "annoying" list and get bumped down. ...Not that that is how it should work, but everything is politics these days :( . Anyway, good luck. Let me know if you hear anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Even though Midwestern-CPG and UofA are only 2 hours apart, after I put my deposit down there I alrady started planning where I was going to live, started the financial aid stuff etc. and had my mind set on going there, but when I recieved the acceptance from UofA, I was really confused on what to do for a few days, but quickly came to my senses....UofA was were I was heading, cheaper and close to home, and probably a better school, good luck once again, hope to be hearing some good news from you soon....

I got all excited too, but you have to step back and look at the whole situation. In the end, I think U of A is definitely the wiser choice. RxCrystal, just think it through fully before closing your mind to UA if you get the opportunity to go. It's definitely overwhelming excitement to get accepted anywhere, but you just have to look at the situation rationally and not get blinded by the "YAY-ness"!

PS - RxCrystal, I know someone who was also placed on alternate list at UA, and she said she knew two people who were accepted but are going to go somewhere else, so there is hope! :thumbup:

I got all excited too, but you have to step back and look at the whole situation. In the end, I think U of A is definitely the wiser choice. RxCrystal, just think it through fully before closing your mind to UA if you get the opportunity to go. It's definitely overwhelming excitement to get accepted anywhere, but you just have to look at the situation rationally and not get blinded by the "YAY-ness"!

PS - RxCrystal, I know someone who was also placed on alternate list at UA, and she said she knew two people who were accepted but are going to go somewhere else, so there is hope! :thumbup:

I had a very good discussion with one of the pharmacists yesterday about the 3 year programs and 4 year programs. I don't think a person should rush their education. If I go to Nevada, basically I will be there for school for only two years and coming back home and doing my rotations the third. That's insane! I don't know. I'm thinking Colorado's program might be best for me because it is a lot like U of A. I won't necessarily be taking my time but by the time I am thrown into my rotations, I will feel ready. I still need to make my pro/con list.:oops:

Do it! :D

Any news from Nevada yet? I saw some people say they've been getting calls...

No, not yet but Colorado is sending out acceptance letters already. Only one person said they got accepted so far. She is from Colorado so she got her mail today. I probably won't get mine until Monday because I am out-of-state. I am getting anxious. Nevada should be getting back shortly, they are almost done with interviews.

I talked with one of my patients today that is in med-school at U of A and told her I got on the waitlist and she was really excited for me. Apparently she was on the waitlist for medschool and got accepted. Well different department but the same idea!:) Soon, everything will fall into place.

Anyone got their Graduate Application accepted yet? Taking an awfully long time, and I want to get some Financial Aid info.

I have not, I submitted mine over a week ago, I also sent in my residency form and still have not heard from them, I want to get this thing wrapped up, hopefully soon.

Hey all. I wanted to let you know that I have gotten accepted to U of Colorado! I think I am going to call U of A and have them take me off the Alternate list to give someone else the opportunity to get in. I am so excited. Thanks JJRAZ for your encouragement and AZ_drugdlr!:thumbup:

Congrats..:D ..that is awesome, not sure if I would take my name off of the alternate list, you never know, but if you really liked Colorado and think it is a good fit then I guess I would too..

Hey all. I wanted to let you know that I have gotten accepted to U of Colorado! I think I am going to call U of A and have them take me off the Alternate list to give someone else the opportunity to get in. I am so excited. Thanks JJRAZ for your encouragement and AZ_drugdlr!:thumbup:

Crystal, I've been following your "Journey To Admission" saga and I'm glad to read that you got accepted to Colorado. Congratulations and good on ya!

Crystal, I've been following your "Journey To Admission" saga and I'm glad to read that you got accepted to Colorado. Congratulations and good on ya!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!:) You guys are awesome.

Congrats..:D ..that is awesome, not sure if I would take my name off of the alternate list, you never know, but if you really liked Colorado and think it is a good fit then I guess I would too..

I don't know know what I am going to do. At this point I am happy to get in. I am debating whether or not to call admissions and check where I stand on the alternate list. What is the worst that will happen, I won't get accepted??

Congrats again! It doesn't cost you anything to stay on the waitlist, so I would stay on it if I was you. You can always give someone else the spot later if you get in at UA and decide to go to CO instead. But, you could definitely call and see where you stand, just to satisfy your curiousity and give you an idea.

I sent Marty Baker an email to see where I rank and if I have a chance. We'll see what she says. There are two classes I am currently taking that I do not need for Colorado that I can drop. I hate dropping classes but I can use the extra time.

Did she ever get back toyou rxcrystal? For those that were accepted have you heard from them on the grad school app, I emailed the grad school last week and they said it may be 2-3 more weeks, seems so long, but what can we do....

Ok. So I have a new dilemma. I got an email from Kerry Cline stating that I sent in the wrong Alternate List form. I have already set up so much already in Colorado. I sent in all my Financial aid through their school, I even have a job lined up for me there, and have gotten to know a few of my classmates so I am getting really excited.
I need some advise....
Should I just not send in my alternate letter back? I know that in the rare occasion that U of A accepts me I am going to be completely torn between the two schools. Sure, U of A is the more logical choice but I don't want to pack up and come back to AZ the week before school starts just because I got accepted to UA. Help!
Also, I know a few people that are holding on for dear life to get a call from UA. Should I just leave an extra Alternate spot open for them since I already have an acceptance?
Again, this is just assuming they will call which they probably will not.
P.S. Marty Baker never got back with me about my ranking.
Advise please! Thanks!

Send it in and leave your options open...you'll never know otherwise!

If it does so happen that you've already moved to Colorado and UA calls a week before school starts, you can tell them no. However, if they call you in two weeks, are you REALLY SURE that you'd rather go to CO???? Just think about it... You'll make the right decision for you! :thumbup:

But I've already told RxCrystal this, so maybe somebody else should post an outsider opinion! Thanks!:)

Colorado has the Rocky Mountains.

Arizona has the Grand Canyon.

Colorado > Arizona.

End.

I am also on the AZ alternate list...I would be very appreciative if you were to open up your alternate spot. That's just my opinion though :)

I am also on the AZ alternate list...I would be very appreciative if you were to open up your alternate spot. That's just my opinion though :)

Done deal!

When did you interview aer12?

I think on Feb 10th...can't remember exactly. I have to finish second semester O chem this semester and get them that grade because I guess you have to have a B or above in O chem 1 & 2. Also, I retook my PCAT in january so hopefully a good O. Chem grade and my increased PCAT score (which they said they'd use) will help me get a decent ranking on the alternate list. Whatever happens...happens :)

Just recieved my acceptance to the graduate program, says they will be mailing me more info with student ID etc.... anyone else get theirs?

I didn't get the Graduate Acceptance yet. Lucky you.

my status has not been updated yet on the status page, but I got an email from them a week or so ago saying it was been processed and accepted, just did my financial aid stuff today!

Just wanted to let those that were accepted know that the status page has been updated, It know has a list of tasks that need to be complete and links to forms for the paperwork for the immunizations etc... just thought I would throw that out there. See you all in August!

PS: I still have not recieved my GRAD SCHOOL admittance packet with my PIN and Student ID to access the UofA sites, but they said it should be in the mail and on its way to me...

I still haven't gotten a Graduate Application acceptance notification via email nor any updates on the U of A website. However, I did notice the change in the application status page where there are lists of tasks to do.

I still haven't gotten a Graduate Application acceptance notification via email nor any updates on the U of A website. However, I did notice the change in the application status page where there are lists of tasks to do.

JJRAZ, did you get financial aid information via email?

I changed my email but just today ( I changed my mailing address, as well ) I got my Graduate School Admission letter with the PIN number. Apparently the forwarding delayed its process. However, I didn't get any emails from the graduate school admissions or that admissions person even though I notified that my email address has changed.

So if you did get an email about financial information, I would want to know so I can email them for that information before it's too late. Thanks.

Has anyone been accepted from the alternate list yet? I am so nervous I feel like there is no spots left. Anyone want to make a last minute decision to go somewhere other than Tucson;)

I was accepted from the alternate list today...not sure yet what I'm going to do because I was accepted to my #2 school (AZ was my #1) and I've committed to that other school. Plus AZ will be out of state tuition. hmmmmmmmmmm????? I have a Spanish degree and AZ would be an AMAZING place to go to school and use my degree.

Well what was your #2 choice? If it is an in-state school go there, it is the cheapest way to get the same degree you would get at UofA! I got into Midwestern-CPG, which was about 3-4 miles away from my house, it was convinent, but easily twice as much so I choose to move to tucson, go to a better school, and pay half of the tuition.

In the end it is your desicion, just giving you my thoughts....