-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of British Columbia Application Thread
Started by Yuuto
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
L
leejay118
I don't know if this is appropriate to ask but is there a writing portion in one of the stations? I think I read somewhere that one of the stations is writing... 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For June 2nd, what time works the best for you guys?
I could book a room at Irving or Woodward Lib @UBC (if UBC seems to work the best for everyone) when the time has been agreed upon. 🙂
I could book a room at Irving or Woodward Lib @UBC (if UBC seems to work the best for everyone) when the time has been agreed upon. 🙂
For June 2nd, what time works the best for you guys?
I could book a room at Irving or Woodward Lib @UBC (if UBC seems to work the best for everyone) when the time has been agreed upon. 🙂
UBC works fine for me. And I'm down for any time too!
More inputs from you guys?
Actually, it'll be easier for all of you to communicate if you join wiggio: http://wiggio.com/group_open_join.php?groupid=1304692&password=ubcpharm&ref=1257555
This is basically a site that makes it easier to work in groups. Since we seem to have people from all over Canada applying to UBC, it will be easier for all of you to pool you resources, engage in online virtual practices, etc. If you need to ask me a question, post on wiggio.
This is basically a site that makes it easier to work in groups. Since we seem to have people from all over Canada applying to UBC, it will be easier for all of you to pool you resources, engage in online virtual practices, etc. If you need to ask me a question, post on wiggio.
For June 2nd, what time works the best for you guys?
I could book a room at Irving or Woodward Lib @UBC (if UBC seems to work the best for everyone) when the time has been agreed upon. 🙂
I'll join too, if that's all right. Any time works for me.
Hey Everyone! I just found you guys through google, and I was wondering (for those of us not in Vancouver) if anyone has any interview tips? Or a list of things you really shouldn't do (like forget to introduce yourself)? I've got my interview on the morning of the 10th and the university I'm hoping to transfer from didn't offer any practice interviews so I'm feeling rather unprepared. Any input would be awesome!
UBC works fine for me. And I'm down for any time too!
More inputs from you guys?
Anytime works fine for me as well. Also, I'm unfamiliar with the UBC campus so once we set up a meeting time would anyone be willing to give me directions once I'm off the skytrain! Or if anyone is going to be skytraining from surrey who I can just meet up with at a station and go with. Thanks
Anytime works fine for me as well. Also, I'm unfamiliar with the UBC campus so once we set up a meeting time would anyone be willing to give me directions once I'm off the skytrain! Or if anyone is going to be skytraining from surrey who I can just meet up with at a station and go with. Thanks
I'll be skytraining from surrey central. If you want to go together just PM me and we'll set something up!
Nope, there are no writing stations.I don't know if this is appropriate to ask but is there a writing portion in one of the stations? I think I read somewhere that one of the stations is writing...![]()
June 2nd is a saturday? I'm more available on Sunday because I'm working till 9:30 - 7pm on saturdays, and 9:30 - 7 mon-fri. Congrats on all the people who got the interview! To those who didn't receive the invite, don't give up!
Hmm..would June 3rd work for you?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll actually be in richmond on Sundays but I can also go back to UBC. Does anyone want to meet up at UBC or other places with rooms after 12pm? My interview is on June 17 12:15 =) i wonder if that's the last group
Hello Guys
I tried to send an email to the emails addresses that I had.
I cannot read on of the hand writing : the email start with " ryannc" so if you want to private msg me with ur email address
also Micheal my email keep failing to you can u private msg me ur email again?
I tried to send an email to the emails addresses that I had.
I cannot read on of the hand writing : the email start with " ryannc" so if you want to private msg me with ur email address
also Micheal my email keep failing to you can u private msg me ur email again?
Does anyone know if there is a timer in the room that we can look at while answering questions? Or does the buzzer just go off automatically without warning every 6 minutes?
Hasn't been one the last couple of years so most likely not this year. Whistle, read the question, whistle, walk into the room and chat, whistle, walk to the next door and read the question, whistle, walk into the room...
Won't be a problem without a timer either way, generally pretty hard to talk for a full 6 minutes without any follow-up questions or prompts.
Does anyone know if there is a timer in the room that we can look at while answering questions? Or does the buzzer just go off automatically without warning every 6 minutes?
I think the interviewer gives you notice when you have around 1 minute left, to let you wrap up your answer, other than that you're on your own = best to bring a watch. Good luck!
Okay so just to clearify we're going to practice June 2nd at Woodward library correct?
What time?
Available times to book at a Woodward Lib study room is 10:00 am - 4:30 pm. I can only book for a max of 2 hours (unless someone else can book for another 2 hours after if we need it)
I'll actually be in richmond on Sundays but I can also go back to UBC. Does anyone want to meet up at UBC or other places with rooms after 12pm? My interview is on June 17 12:15 =) i wonder if that's the last group
I'm free to meet up after 12pm on Sundays 🙂
Also, I don't think that's the last group - I've heard of people getting the 1:50 pm time
To all those that are interested in meeting at UBC Woodward on June 2nd for mock MMI interview. I am booking a room at 1pm in woodward basement. It would be great to book more rooms so we have have more sessions going on at the same time to mimic the real situation. If you are a UBC student and are coming to this session, please try to book a room in Woodward at 1pm.
There's a thread going on here: http://wiggio.com/#tpl=posts_0
Please private message me if you are coming! 😀 Hope to see you guys there!
There's a thread going on here: http://wiggio.com/#tpl=posts_0
Please private message me if you are coming! 😀 Hope to see you guys there!
I also booked a room at 1pm. Can someone else book room 20b?
See you all at 1.
See you all at 1.
To all those that are interested in meeting at UBC Woodward on June 2nd for mock MMI interview. I am booking a room at 1pm in woodward basement. It would be great to book more rooms so we have have more sessions going on at the same time to mimic the real situation. If you are a UBC student and are coming to this session, please try to book a room in Woodward at 1pm.
There's a thread going on here: http://wiggio.com/#tpl=posts_0
Please private message me if you are coming! 😀 Hope to see you guys there!
How long do you think is an optimal time length for an answer, given that we have 6 minutes? Obviously, it's also the quality that matters so babbling on for 6 minutes will do you no good.
The session on June 2nd is now closed. There are a bit more people than I expected. We will most likely make another session and hopefully for those that can't make it for this one come to future ones.
Thanks for those who messaged me. See you all on Saturday!
Thanks for those who messaged me. See you all on Saturday!
Anyone interested to meet up on June 3rd Sunday after 12pm to practice MMI? i'm ok with anywhere
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone free to practice on June 3rd after 12pm?
Anyone interested to meet up on June 3rd Sunday after 12pm to practice MMI? i'm ok with anywhere
No but I am also able to meet up on the 4th or 5th.
No but I am also able to meet up on the 4th or 5th.
Same, I'm free to meet up on the 4th or 5th
Anyone interested to meet up on June 3rd Sunday after 12pm to practice MMI? i'm ok with anywhere
I am!
I'm free as well for the 3rd, how about at 1pm? I'll try and book a room at Woodward or see where else is available, sound good? Sunday, right?
All booked up on the 3rd, but if there are only a few of us we can probably find an open place to practice. How many of us are there?
Sorry about reposting so many "June 3rd practices". I completely missed the page 6 icon and was wondering why my message never posted. So far for JUNE 3rd Sunday, we have:
Chowfan007
HappyStudent00
p012
adamsmylie
(I think a friend of mine too)
I guess we can find a place at UBC if that's the most convenient? I remember that Gage tower had a room that we can use too but I'm not sure if we need to book it or not (or whether it's reserved for their residents). Does anyone know what other buildings would be open? Scarfe and Buchannan has many rooms we can use if they don't close for the weekend.
If Richmond's more convenient, we can probably go to Kwantlen Polytech University. I've been there to study with my girlfriend once on a sunday but they close at 5pm. It was very quiet and the study area upstairs was empty.
For now, we'll settle with the outside of UBC woodwards library at the grey couches @ 1pm? I plan to come a little earlier.
Chowfan007
HappyStudent00
p012
adamsmylie
(I think a friend of mine too)
I guess we can find a place at UBC if that's the most convenient? I remember that Gage tower had a room that we can use too but I'm not sure if we need to book it or not (or whether it's reserved for their residents). Does anyone know what other buildings would be open? Scarfe and Buchannan has many rooms we can use if they don't close for the weekend.
If Richmond's more convenient, we can probably go to Kwantlen Polytech University. I've been there to study with my girlfriend once on a sunday but they close at 5pm. It was very quiet and the study area upstairs was empty.
For now, we'll settle with the outside of UBC woodwards library at the grey couches @ 1pm? I plan to come a little earlier.
Sounds good! 🙂Sorry about reposting so many "June 3rd practices". I completely missed the page 6 icon and was wondering why my message never posted. So far for JUNE 3rd Sunday, we have:
Chowfan007
HappyStudent00
p012
adamsmylie
(I think a friend of mine too)
I guess we can find a place at UBC if that's the most convenient? I remember that Gage tower had a room that we can use too but I'm not sure if we need to book it or not (or whether it's reserved for their residents). Does anyone know what other buildings would be open? Scarfe and Buchannan has many rooms we can use if they don't close for the weekend.
If Richmond's more convenient, we can probably go to Kwantlen Polytech University. I've been there to study with my girlfriend once on a sunday but they close at 5pm. It was very quiet and the study area upstairs was empty.
For now, we'll settle with the outside of UBC woodwards library at the grey couches @ 1pm? I plan to come a little earlier.
Sorry about reposting so many "June 3rd practices". I completely missed the page 6 icon and was wondering why my message never posted. So far for JUNE 3rd Sunday, we have:
Chowfan007
HappyStudent00
p012
adamsmylie
(I think a friend of mine too)
I guess we can find a place at UBC if that's the most convenient? I remember that Gage tower had a room that we can use too but I'm not sure if we need to book it or not (or whether it's reserved for their residents). Does anyone know what other buildings would be open? Scarfe and Buchannan has many rooms we can use if they don't close for the weekend.
If Richmond's more convenient, we can probably go to Kwantlen Polytech University. I've been there to study with my girlfriend once on a sunday but they close at 5pm. It was very quiet and the study area upstairs was empty.
For now, we'll settle with the outside of UBC woodwards library at the grey couches @ 1pm? I plan to come a little earlier.
I'd like to come too. Wood @1 sounds good. Count me in!
The session on June 2nd is now closed. There are a bit more people than I expected. We will most likely make another session and hopefully for those that can't make it for this one come to future ones.
Thanks for those who messaged me. See you all on Saturday!
So where exactly are we meeting? Is there an exact room in the woodward library we are all meeting at?
So where exactly are we meeting? Is there an exact room in the woodward library we are all meeting at?
Have you been in the basement of the wood library?
Come into wood; pass through the common study area, into the library; use stairs to the basement. Then you'll see another study area surrounded by some meeting rooms. alpce and I booked two rooms among them.
So I guess we can all gather at the study area first (EDIT: at the basement)... I think it wouldn't be hard to find each other, since all of us would be obviously looking around trying to find some others from this thread! :b
Last edited:
June 3, sunday @ 1pm Woodward
Chowfan007 + friend
HappyStudent00
p012
adamsmylie
Mcheung
Miummr
thanks for joining! If you have some good questions, feel free to bring them because I have some good scenarios and questions too.
we still welcome newcomers!
Chowfan007 + friend
HappyStudent00
p012
adamsmylie
Mcheung
Miummr
thanks for joining! If you have some good questions, feel free to bring them because I have some good scenarios and questions too.
we still welcome newcomers!
Have you been in the basement of the wood library?
Come into wood; pass through the common study area, into the library; use stairs to the basement. Then you'll see another study area surrounded by some meeting rooms. alpce and I booked two rooms among them.
So I guess we can all gather at the study area first... I think it wouldn't be hard to find each other, since all of us would be obviously looking around trying to find some others from this thread! :b
Okay I'll be at the study area (if I can find it), if not I'll just head straight down there hopefully see you guys!
June 3, sunday @ 1pm Woodward
Chowfan007 + friend
HappyStudent00
p012
adamsmylie
Mcheung
Miummr
thanks for joining! If you have some good questions, feel free to bring them because I have some good scenarios and questions too.
we still welcome newcomers!
I'll join in too. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
June 3, sunday @ 1pm Woodward
Chowfan007 + friend
HappyStudent00
p012
adamsmylie
Mcheung
Miummr
thanks for joining! If you have some good questions, feel free to bring them because I have some good scenarios and questions too.
we still welcome newcomers!
I'll join this one too, if you want I can book a room in Woodward.
Last edited:
June 3, sunday @ 1pm Woodward
Chowfan007 + friend
HappyStudent00
p012
adamsmylie
Mcheung
Miummr
thanks for joining! If you have some good questions, feel free to bring them because I have some good scenarios and questions too.
we still welcome newcomers!
Great! So where in woodward are we meeting? The main entrance?
Great! So where in woodward are we meeting? The main entrance?
Since we never decided where exactly to meet, why don't we meet just outside of the entrance of the wood 'library'? Then we can walk around together to find a good place to practice. See you all tomorrow!
Thanks for coming out to UBC on sunday! I learned A LOT of new things and stuff i need to practice more on.
Is anyone interested in practicing this coming sunday? 1pm @ Woodwards?
Is anyone interested in practicing this coming sunday? 1pm @ Woodwards?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K