University of British Columbia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,

did anyone get an offer of admission on their UBC CWL SSC? I recieved an acceptance email today, but not offer on the SSC.

Thanks
Does your ssc show the deposit? I can't see it on mine anywhere =\

Members don't see this ad.

I got in too! See you all in September! Congrats to everyone who got in! Good luck to those who didn't, and I hope next year will be better for you :)

As for showing it on the CWL SSC, it won't show up for a few days while they're processing it.

It's hard to believe that the large number of us that did not receive anything are all on the waiting list. hopefully, they'll send another round of offers tom. morning.

People who didn't receive an email in this thread: 5

Members don't see this ad :)
6 people on this thread were accepted and 2 were rejected so I think 5 people who didn't receive anything is a large number

Do you or anyone know how many people are kept on waitlist?

6 people on this thread were accepted and 2 were rejected so I think 5 people who didn't receive anything is a large number
there might be more letters send out tmr, perhaps acceptance, rejecting and waitlist letters

I got in! Great surprise when I got back from work. See you guys in September! Thanks for all of the advice. :)

Quick Q: Do you only have to respond to the acceptance email if you're rejecting it? The email made it seem like you don't have to respond to this email if you're accepting. Did I understand that correctly?

Last edited:
Hi Ive got in too.
Here is my stat for future applicants

3rd year
pharm GPA : 76.5
Pcat : 88
MMI : you cannot tell how did in the interview but I practice alot with some students in this forum
Extra activitis: Hospital volunteer, some research exprience.....

So make that

9 accepted
6 no email
2 rejected

I got accepted. 2nd time applicant, just finished my 2nd year. Last year's stats in bracket

Gpa: 80 (77)
pcat: 80 (70)
EC: Mostly pharmacy work experience and volunteer
MMI: Throughout the year, I have been watching how my pharmacist interact with his patients.I felt that watching him has helped me a lot in the interview.

I just got an acceptance letter.
Here are my stats for future reference:

Pre-req GPA: 72%
Overall GPA: 75%
PCAT composite: 82
Extracuriccular: Hospital volunteering (40 hrs), senior home (50 hours),
Math tutoring (2000 hours)

Interview: Went well on all but one station, I found that having a humble,compassionate, and forgiving personality really helps. Talk a lot but keep a conversational pace, keep eye contact, be articulate but no too aggressive, shake hands and thank them for interviewing you, and smile.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted.

I'm kind of surprised because I actually put in zero effort for the interview - practiced a little bit the day before with a friend. And I studied less than a week for the PCAT.......

I guess having a degree prior to applying is a bonus?

Now the question is if I really want to commit to pharmacy ....

Accepted too~ was rejected last year though because of the interview.
Pleasant surprise when I got home :)

Stats:
Year: finished 2nd year
GPA: 83
PCAT: 86
EC: pharmacy volunteer for 2 years
MMI: got together with some people in this thread and practiced, but last year my ranking was in the 300s, which probably explains the rejection last year

A big congratulations to all that have gotten in so far, and to all that haven't - KEEP TRYING! I know I had to try twice to get in, with the first time not even having a chance at an interview. Keep your passion for the profession and reflect on what you've done and see where you can improve!

If you happen to catch any upper years (especially 2nd years [my year]), don't be shy and say a warm hello. The faculty is honestly like one big family.

Anyway, well done to every one of you for giving your best this application cycle - regardless of result.

Cheers,

Ivan (2nd Year UBC BSc. Pharm)

Got my acceptance yesterday morning. Congratulations to everyone who got in and good luck to those who haven't heard yet. See you in September.

This waiting is more unbearable than before, I feel like a sitting duck.. still no email

You need to contact the specific instructors who are in charge of those sections to get exemptions/credits. When you get your pharmacy package later in the mail, there will be instructions regarding who t contact for the specific courses =)

This waiting is more unbearable than before, I feel like a sitting duck.. still no email

I know. I'm in the same boat. I think if we don't get emails by tomorrow morning then were wait listed. Just my hunch though

Yay! I got my acceptance email yesterday morning ^^

Congratulations to everyone who got in! For any who didn't or who are still waiting, hang tight and don't give up!!

got my rejection email yesterday morning :(. congrats to everyone who did get in though! did anyone get a waitlist email?

I've already consulted the faculty if I can defer accepting the offer for one year, but they said no..

So I was wondering if it is possible to take a year off in between the pharmacy program (perhaps after the 1st year) or does placements begin right after 1st year..? Hoping someone in the pharmacy program can shed some light.

Hey guys, I'm making someone on the waitlist happy. I'll be rejecting my offer to UBC pharmacy. Have a good summer!

Hey guys, I'm making someone on the waitlist happy. I'll be rejecting my offer to UBC pharmacy. Have a good summer!
I still haven't receive any email yet.. I assume I am on the waitlist..
Haha, If I get an acceptance email tomorrow because you rejected the Offer, I'll buy you Dinner!!! HAHA

I've already consulted the faculty if I can defer accepting the offer for one year, but they said no..

So I was wondering if it is possible to take a year off in between the pharmacy program (perhaps after the 1st year) or does placements begin right after 1st year..? Hoping someone in the pharmacy program can shed some light.

I think they only allow people to take a year off in between in very extreme circumstances like a major health problem/accident that would affect your ability at school. Probably would have to be something completely out of your control.

I still haven't receive any email yet.. I assume I am on the waitlist..
Haha, If I get an acceptance email tomorrow because you rejected the Offer, I'll buy you Dinner!!! HAHA
I just got my admission offer!! NexuScalibur contact me!! I owe you a dinner!
Hang in these guys, keep waiting!

Does this mean those who did not get an email yet are on the wait-list? upper half?

Hey guys,

I'm in the same boat as some of you. No email yet. So I decided to pay Margaret a visit today. Apparently I've been wait listed and will be receiving an email confirming this this afternoon.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting and congrats to those who received an offer already!

Hey guys,

I'm in the same boat as some of you. No email yet. So I decided to pay Margaret a visit today. Apparently I've been wait listed and will be receiving an email confirming this this afternoon.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting and congrats to those who received an offer already!

Hmm how many people are wait listed?

Hi everyone, congratulations on all those that were accepted and good luck to all those still waiting!

Does anyone here have some insight as to which courses are best to choose for the electives? I'm planning on taking a few of them in first year as I have already completed all but Phyl 301 for the non-pharmacy courses. Is it best to wait until 3rd and 4th year and take the Phar electives? Ideas?

Thanks for your input :)

Hi everyone, congratulations on all those that were accepted and good luck to all those still waiting!

Does anyone here have some insight as to which courses are best to choose for the electives? I'm planning on taking a few of them in first year as I have already completed all but Phyl 301 for the non-pharmacy courses. Is it best to wait until 3rd and 4th year and take the Phar electives? Ideas?

Thanks for your input :)
FNH 200 and CLST 301 are popular choices for electives. I'm going to wait till the 4th year to take the Phar elective because you have more free time. 3rd year is supposed to be the toughest year.

Hmm how many people are wait listed?

Margaret wouldn't say. She wouldn't give me details regarding any rankings or how good my chances are. She said to wait basically, and register for courses in your current program.

Margaret wouldn't say. She wouldn't give me details regarding any rankings or how good my chances are. She said to wait basically, and register for courses in your current program.

Have you received your waitlist email yet?

For those of you that have Pharmacy specific volunteer experience, where exactly did you do that? How do you find that sort of volunteer position? What sort of position was it? etc.