University of British Columbia (UBC) Pharmacy Class of 2018 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
another day ends. No worry, tomorrow will be a brand new day.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
what time do they close? I am still constantly checking my email!

what time do they close? I am still constantly checking my email!

"Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
The University of British Columbia
2405 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z3
www.pharmacy.ubc.ca

... Open to the public 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday."

I don't think Ms. Chatterton is still in for today, though.

got accepted today. keep up the hope, from last years experience quite a few got in who were previously on waitlist. I'm pretty sure
they haven't finished sending out all the acceptances yet too.

many people again got admission offers! check the facebook! I am not hopeful for myself any more!

Does anyone want to reject the offer of admission?

I'm so confused... is the "offer of admission" email official?? or it is not official until it is on SSC?? cause mine is not updated on SSC yet...

so I guess that's it. I don't even get an email about waitlist. I won't check email anymore. Who really would decline the offer?

I tried my best so no regret. Once again, Congratulation to those who got in. To those who may not, don't despair;you have company and try again next year. ^^

Me too.

If nothing comes by today, I will just forget this and maybe try again next year or just continue working in my workplace.

Good luck everyone. I hope to get one by the end of today (at least a rejection letter).

Called the office again. Jennifer said most offers have been sent out and they will send waitlist/rejection letters today. I don't understand why she keeps on saying "most" offers have been sent out...Well I better stop calling them now lol..

Members don't see this ad :)
is there no ubc pharmacy class of 2018 facebook group? cant find it

Last edited:
Urghhh they should also respect the rejected people and let us know the result. Scores must be ranked already and i cannot think of any reason not to mail out a simple rejection letter. I guess we are the least important people for them. But this is really unprofessional!!

Looks like another day is gone. 50 minutes left

Yes agree. I mean why give like 3 weeks for people to accept/decline? I am sure wont take this long to decide....

eh....what a weekend going to be....

I don't know but I guess they are trying to figure out the number of people that will decline the offer and go take PharmD when the results from UT pop up.
I just got bored and looked over previous years posts, and it looks like they actually contacted rejected applicants for a spot because they miscalculated the waitlist.
If that is the reason, then they should've picked the interview dates on June like last year, so that everything can be processed perfectly.
Yet, 30 more minutes..

Have a nice weekend everyone

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know but I guess they are trying to figure out the number of people that will decline the offer and go take PharmD when the results from UT pop up.
I just got bored and looked over previous years posts, and it looks like they actually contacted rejected applicants for a spot because they miscalculated the waitlist.
If that is the reason, then they should've picked the interview dates on June like last year, so that everything can be processed perfectly.
Yet, 30 more minutes..
Unfortunately, this year the results for U of T and many other universities wont seem to come before mid june. last year and before many people got in from waitlist because the results of UBC came I think after the results of U of T. This year U of T offers PharmD so I think UBC decided to have interviews before U of T so people who get into ubc do accept ubc's offer and go to ubc and then when U of T results come in at late june they might reject U of T 's offer. The problem is I think people will probably not reject ubc's offer and if they get offer from U of T they wont show up to ubc classes because who wants BSCP when one can get PharmD. However, some people might still reject the admission offer and wait for next year and apply for PharmD program at UBC.

Gonna make someone's day here, I'm going reject my offer from UBC and chase after the pharmD program, hopefully I get into UofT if not then I don't mind waiting an extra year for ubc(free education at SFU, why not right!).

Good luck to those who are waiting and hang in there!

Unfortunately, this year the results for U of T and many other universities wont seem to come before mid june. last year and before many people got in from waitlist because the results of UBC came I think after the results of U of T. This year U of T offers PharmD so I think UBC decided to have interviews before U of T so people who get into ubc do accept ubc's offer and go to ubc and then when U of T results come in at late june they might reject U of T 's offer. The problem is I think people will probably not reject ubc's offer and if they get offer from U of T they wont show up to ubc classes because who wants BSCP when one can get PharmD. However, some people might still reject the admission offer and wait for next year and apply for PharmD program at UBC.

Hate to break it to you guys..but ssc offers just came up and the date to accept/decline is july 2nd. So UofT and UW offers will be given well before then. So waitlisters and regectees... Youll know if the spot is yours around then. Good luck all! And i hope i see some of you in the upcoming year!

Hate to break it to you guys..but ssc offers just came up and the date to accept/decline is july 2nd. So UofT and UW offers will be given well before then. So waitlisters and regectees... Youll know if the spot is yours around then. Good luck all! And i hope i see some of you in the upcoming year!
UBC sent an email out saying that the July 2nd date is an error and it's actually June 2nd that you have to decide to accept/decline the offer

I am from Ontario and haven't heard anything yet as of now. This waiting is ridiculous. Why can't they release all admissions at a later date (synchronizing with both UT and Waterloo?) so that they won't waste their energy to release admissions in batches. Even if people have accepted their offers by June 2, if they really wanna go for U of T or Waterloo's PharmD they will go for it (unless there's a policy stating once they accepted UBC they can't decline anymore). I think U of T offers will be released 1 week before June 20th (likely June 11, synchronizing Waterloo admissions as they did last year) because the deadline for U of T's online final transcript submission is recently changed to 3 days earlier (June 3) than it's supposed to be (June 6).

Can someone tell me how much the acceptance deposit for UBC is? Do we have to pay as soon as we accept?

Even if you do accept the UBC offer, you can change your mind later once you get an offer from UT or UW. What I have seen from my feiends, you can just tell them you are not going to UBC but they won't refund you the deposit. So you'll just loose it. They cannot hold you back for any reason.

I think UT and UW are smart in releasing their offers at the same time. It'll be more work for UBC as people will accept the offer and pay deposit and then decline in mid June. What a waste of money (deposit) for us. Maybe ask UBC for an extension for those people who applied UT/UW? If they are nice, they might do it for us.

I am from Ontario and haven't heard anything yet as of now. This waiting is ridiculous. Why can't they release all admissions at a later date (synchronizing with both UT and Waterloo?) so that they won't waste their energy to release admissions in batches. Even if people have accepted their offers by June 2, if they really wanna go for U of T or Waterloo's PharmD they will go for it (unless there's a policy stating once they accepted UBC they can't decline anymore). I think U of T offers will be released 1 week before June 20th (likely June 11, synchronizing Waterloo admissions as they did last year) because the deadline for U of T's online final transcript submission is recently changed to 3 days earlier (June 3) than it's supposed to be (June 6).

Even if you do accept the UBC offer, you can change your mind later once you get an offer from UT or UW. What I have seen from my feiends, you can just tell them you are not going to UBC but they won't refund you the deposit. So you'll just loose it. They cannot hold you back for any reason.

I think UT and UW are smart in releasing their offers at the same time. It'll be more work for UBC as people will accept the offer and pay deposit and then decline in mid June. What a waste of money (deposit) for us. Maybe ask UBC for an extension for those people who applied UT/UW? If they are nice, they might do it for us.
WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WHO GET REJECTED! TEHY WANT 224 STUDENTS! IF MORE PEOPLE THAN THE WAITLIST REJECT THE OFFER FROM UBC WHAT HAPPENS? ARE THEY GONNA INVITE PEOPLE FROM REJECTED LIST?

GPA 1st year (35 credits with Phys Hons) = 89%
PCAT = 94%
MMI decent
No offer letter so far...

GPA 1st year (35 credits with Phys Hons) = 89%
PCAT = 94%
MMI decent
No offer letter so far...
Similar stats and no offer letter :/ I'm guessing I really messed up the interview but I didn't think I did that bad so..I don't know :S

Similar stats and no offer letter :/ I'm guessing I really messed up the interview but I didn't think I did that bad so..I don't know :S
Same here. I'm pretty critical of myself, but I still thought I had a decent interview. My MMI must have been a lot worse than I thought because the rest of my application is quite competitive...
GPA (1st year): 96.6%
PCAT: 92%
ECs: 2 years as an elementary school peer tutor, 3 years as a volunteer at a residential care facility, high school valedictorian, MES recipient at UBCO

Can someone tell me how much the acceptance deposit for UBC is? Do we have to pay as soon as we accept?

$250 bucks, and yes. I'm thinking UBC atm as I don't think the curriculum difference is worth the price differential (+7K/year) between UBC and UofT, plus its closer to home.

Same here. I'm pretty critical of myself, but I still thought I had a decent interview. My MMI must have been a lot worse than I thought because the rest of my application is quite competitive...
GPA (1st year): 96.6%
PCAT: 92%
ECs: 2 years as an elementary school peer tutor, 3 years as a volunteer at a residential care facility, high school valedictorian, MES recipient at UBCO

Probably your MMI. From what I understands 50%+ of the decision is based on it, although there really is no way to know.

Offered admission, stats for comparison

Prereq GPA: 81% (88% cumulative, though they say they don't consider this.)
PCAT: 99th Percentile
ECs: ect...

my acceptance deposit was 100 bucks because I'm already a ubc student. and yeah, like battletoads said, the mmi is a super important facet of the interview process.

I was accepted last year. These were my stats prior to entering:

PCAT: 85th percentile
Pre-req GPA: ~74%
ECs: Nothing pharm related.

Got my admission in the first wave. The MMI is a very important factor for whether you get in. My guess is that PCAT and GPA play a very tiny role and are mainly used to determine whether you get offered an interview. If you haven't received any offers, chances are you may have inadvertently set off some red flags in your interview, and it is difficult to get an idea of what the interviewers are looking for if you don't actually know much about healthcare or the role of pharmacists. Though I can't know for sure without knowing what your answers were.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss answers, feel free to PM me.

By the way, check your SSC status for people waiting for a letter. :)

I accepted my offer, but I was not asked to pay a deposit for some strange reason. I go to UBC and I am currently in summer school. Has this happened to anyone else?

Last edited:
I got placed on the wait-list today at 4:29pm, anyone else?

$250 bucks, and yes. I'm thinking UBC atm as I don't think the curriculum difference is worth the price differential (+7K/year) between UBC and UofT, plus its closer to home.

Thank you! This kind of sucks because I'm still waiting for UofT and if I get in then I just threw $250 away :(

Do you guys think they would be willing to give a 2/3 week extension on accepting the offer?

You can ask, but they probably won't. UBC doesn't like playing second fiddle to schools out east- it's what got them into the whole rejected/waitlisted mess a couple of years back. At the very least, they will want your money out of it if you decide to commit and then switch.

Reactions: 1 users
I still haven't received an email of any sort from UBC... is anyone else in the same boat as me?

I'm on the wait list as well... hopefully more offers will be sent out after June 2nd >__>

I just received an acceptance email at 1:02 today. Don't give up hope!

I have also just received an acceptance email.