University of Charleston interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spartan87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview on Friday the 19th. Has anyone had one already? What kind of questions can I expect?

Members don't see this ad.

if u mean friday the 18th then yes, I have an interview there also. I've got the morning session since I have to fly back.

yeah, sorry it's the 18th. Mine is the afternoon session, I am driving from detroit, MI, where are you coming from?

Members don't see this ad :)
flying from tampa, fl to columbus, ohio, then renting a car and driving to charleston.

I have an Interview on Feb. 1st. Can anyone let me know how the 18th interview went? and What they asked? also what is a good hotel to stay at near the school? any info or advice would be great! thanks

comfort suites is a great hotel 5 minutes away from the school...great area...interview had a lot of hypothetical/ethical questions...can't disclose the questions tho as I was asked not to. Unfair advantage, so forth...I'm sure you understand, good luck!

For the interview questions would they give u a scenario and you have to explain how you would react, or were they more questions like tell us an example of a time when your integrity was challenged? Just trying to figure out what kind of questions I will be faced with Friday, anyone have any advice it would be appreciated!

pretty much both kinds...trust me...a lot of those

Does anyone know how many students U Charleston interviews?

at my interview they told me 250 would be invited to interview

has anyone heard anything about acceptances yet?

I interviewed in the end of Jan...I hate waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
still nothing on my end :-(

What were your stats? All of you

ya still waitin too...my interview was Jan 18...nothing....sigh.

just got a letter, im on the re-evaluate in may list...figures.

just got a letter, im on the re-evaluate in may list...figures.

Ahhh well take it as a good sign that they didn't reject you! I think that there's still hope... I am still waiting on my letter. I've been checking everyday lol

was that you at the jan 18th interview? one of the last ones to go?

No my interview was on February 2nd...

anybody hear back from the Feb 15th and 16th interviews yet?

Hey guys,

got my acceptance letter from Univ. of Charleston today!

hey I have a question! I'm booking my return flight from Charleston right now! I have an interview on saturday, and was wondering how long the interview lasted for. It says its from 12-5, but does it really last 5 hours??? If thats the case, then i'll have to fly back the next day :( Please help me those of you who have already interviewed!! thanks :)

My interview only lasted about 3 hours. They have a 50 minute orientation session and then you pick a card which indicates your interview time. There is a lot of down time if you pick your interview time and it's one of the later ones. So basically it depends on how many people show up for the interview (they said we had a very small turnout that day) and how lucky you are when you draw your name! I think 5 is the absolute latest it will run until - many people including myself finished well before that time.

hey I have a question! I'm booking my return flight from Charleston right now! I have an interview on saturday, and was wondering how long the interview lasted for. It says its from 12-5, but does it really last 5 hours??? If thats the case, then i'll have to fly back the next day :( Please help me those of you who have already interviewed!! thanks :)

Got my acceptance letter today through certified mail!!

if you guys get in somewhere else, will u still be going to charleston?

I also got my acceptance letter yesterday in the mail!

does anyone know where any decent apartments are in the Charleston area? I'm trying to look online and not finding much... thanks for the help

does anyone know how many out of state applicants UC accepts each year??

Hey guys, I applied to Charleston via Pharmcas but I never filled out the supplemental application. I got a letter today saying that I can still fill out the supplemental application. Do you guys think that I have any chance of getting into the program or is it too late. my stats are not looking that great for now.
2nd year Undergrad, Biology :
GPA: 3.3 ( 1st semester freshman year, had gpa of 2.6)
Sgpa:3.5
Pcat score: 50% :-( I did good on the chemistry and math, verbal killed me. came to USA three years back, not so great with verbal and writing.
2+ years of Pharmcay experience
- volunteer work
- part of student government
- got A's in Organic 1 and Organic 2, got 2 great LOR's, one from Organic Professor and one from a pharmacist.
any suggestions or ideas.
thanks for help.

i interviewed on feb. 2. i think you should be fine. dr. easton said you had to meet conditional requirements to get invited for the interview: have 50+ pcat, 3.0+ gpa. but if you made A's in orgo, more power to you! you should stand a fighting chance. i got wait-listed there. but i'm prob not going to go there even if i did get in cause i got in at the university of appalachia. the school is very nice. good luck!

i interviewed on feb. 2. i think you should be fine. dr. easton said you had to meet conditional requirements to get invited for the interview: have 50+ pcat, 3.0+ gpa. but if you made A's in orgo, more power to you! you should stand a fighting chance. i got wait-listed there. but i'm prob not going to go there even if i did get in cause i got in at the university of appalachia. the school is very nice. good luck!
thnks mate !

Well....I've decided that I'm going to email Dr. Easton and let her know that I won't be attending the school. I thought things over and I'm going to go to Univ. of Cincinnati where I was also accepted. Very close to home plus I already put down the deposit there. Good luck to everyone still waiting. One more spot will be open ;)

I need to submit my Lors still! Does anyone know if the professor has to fill out a form with the lor, or do we just send the letter. The interview was pretty chill. There was so much snow!!

UC should have e-mailed you their offical recommendation form once they got your supplemental. That's what they did for me. So there is a form your professor's will need to send with the letter. I'd contact them to get the form ASAP.

UC should have e-mailed you their offical recommendation form once they got your supplemental. That's what they did for me. So there is a form your professor's will need to send with the letter. I'd contact them to get the form ASAP.

Thanks Hams! I will do that tomorrow. So are the forms not downloadable online? I wish they just got the lors from pharmcas!

No problem. It would be alot easier if they just used the pharmcas letters. I'm not sure if they have it online somewhere, but I have the pdf form they sent me. If you need it, you can PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

sorry didn't realize i was asked a question! i interviewed on feb. 16 and the letter was dated feb. 29, but i didn't get it till march 3.

So is anyone else going to University of Charleston this fall?

I've been waitlisted for a few months now, and haven't received an update or a response to my email. Hmmmm

The two weeks to submit the deposit to hold your spot just ended, or will in the next day or two, for the last group of invitations that went out. So don't give up hope yet, you could still hear something.

Good Afternoon:

This communication is to apprise you of the status of your application for admission to the School of Pharmacy at the University of Charleston. Your application materials will be sent to the admissions subcommittee for their deliberation at their upcoming meeting as part of the re-review process. As a result of their meeting, they will make one of two decisions based on the present availability of positions in our pharmacy class of 2012: 1) to decline admission to the the class of 2012 or 2) to offer an invitation for admission to our pharmacy program as a member of the class of 2012. If the occasion presently itself in which you are offered admission to our pharmacy program and we do not have vacancies in our program, you will be offered the opportunity to be placed on our alternate admissions list in the event that vacancies in our class of 2012 occur in the summer months.

Under separate cover, no later than May 23, 2008, I will be able to communicate to you in writing the outcome of the Admissions Subcommittee meeting. If your desire to attend our pharmacy program this fall have changed, you have received admission at another school of pharmacy, or if you are no longer interested in pursuing admission in our pharmacy program for the 2008 - 09 academic year, please reply to this e-mail so that we may plan accordingly and provide the opportunity for reconsideration to our program to another qualified applicant within our applicant pool.

Good Afternoon:

This communication is to apprise you of the status of your application for admission to the School of Pharmacy at the University of Charleston. Your application materials will be sent to the admissions subcommittee for their deliberation at their upcoming meeting as part of the re-review process. As a result of their meeting, they will make one of two decisions based on the present availability of positions in our pharmacy class of 2012: 1) to decline admission to the the class of 2012 or 2) to offer an invitation for admission to our pharmacy program as a member of the class of 2012. If the occasion presently itself in which you are offered admission to our pharmacy program and we do not have vacancies in our program, you will be offered the opportunity to be placed on our alternate admissions list in the event that vacancies in our class of 2012 occur in the summer months.

Under separate cover, no later than May 23, 2008, I will be able to communicate to you in writing the outcome of the Admissions Subcommittee meeting. If your desire to attend our pharmacy program this fall have changed, you have received admission at another school of pharmacy, or if you are no longer interested in pursuing admission in our pharmacy program for the 2008 - 09 academic year, please reply to this e-mail so that we may plan accordingly and provide the opportunity for reconsideration to our program to another qualified applicant within our applicant pool.

I got the same letter too !

I got that letter and just got an email today extending an offer of admission!
(Hooray!!)
Good luck to all!