University of Charleston interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
damn already? wow, guess I'm not in. Congrats!
Don't give up hope! Last year I was waitlisted here- I interviewed & received letters the same time as another person- and he found out two weeks earlier than me he was on the waitlist. I'm sure they have some crazy system to categorize their admits/rejections/etc. So I'm thinking my letter was the first "round" of acceptances. I'm sure there's more to come!
buena suerte!

Members don't see this ad.

Don't give up hope! Last year I was waitlisted here- I interviewed & received letters the same time as another person- and he found out two weeks earlier than me he was on the waitlist. I'm sure they have some crazy system to categorize their admits/rejections/etc. So I'm thinking my letter was the first "round" of acceptances. I'm sure there's more to come!
buena suerte!

ok I won't lose hope lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody want a 21 year old male roommate? (well 22 by August, lol)

yes...e-mail. Good luck, you still have a week left to hear something, and even then you can still get that e-mail!

I got accepted as well :) do you guys if they are going to mail a bunch of information about the program, or if there is someplace we can find it online? I couldn't find much on their website...

we should get a facebook group going for accepted students :)

ya, hopeful, make the group then let me know when it's up. I think there may be information about the school in the letter we get in the mail.

Congrats on the invites. They will send some info with your acceptance letter, and then more info after your deposit is paid. Should start your Hep. B shot series if you haven't had them done already. Good to see a few more of us from here going to be there in the fall.

yea...waiting for my acceptance letter to get the forms for my shots. that's what I was told to do.

how about the housing for this pharmacy school? Any information?

Here are some links for those having trouble finding info. On the tuition/fees page there is info about college housing through UC (dorms). There are also some apartments near the college that are associated with WVU Medical School/CAMC. (Although they are med school apartments, they rent to UC Pharmacy students. Maier Village and Dunlop Hall are closest, Jefferson Place is right across the river from the school.)
See you this fall, Class 2012!
http://camc.wvu.edu/info/housing.htm
http://ucwv.edu/admissions/tuition_fees/default.aspx
http://ucwv.edu/admissions/financial_aid/default.aspx

Members don't see this ad :)
Here are some links for those having trouble finding info. On the tuition/fees page there is info about college housing through UC (dorms). There are also some apartments near the college that are associated with WVU Medical School/CAMC. (Although they are med school apartments, they rent to UC Pharmacy students. Maier Village and Dunlop Hall are closest, Jefferson Place is right across the river from the school.)
See you this fall, Class 2012!
http://camc.wvu.edu/info/housing.htm
http://ucwv.edu/admissions/tuition_fees/default.aspx
http://ucwv.edu/admissions/financial_aid/default.aspx

that link won't let me apply for scholarships or grants towards pharmacy school; it's just UC. Maybe we just receive them without filling out forms. LOL

Yeah, that's right. I guess I could've been more specific. I called the financial aid office there - I was super worried because their deadline for financial aid & scholarships had passed (It was May 1st & I didn't get accepted till like the 8th or something.) What she said was basically, after the pharmacy school gets all our info squared away (deposit, forms, etc.) We will get something from financial aid, and they do the pharmacy students' aid different from regular UC undergrads- so we haven't missed anything so far. Remember to fill out your FAFSA if you haven't already! If you have already filled it out earlier this year, you may need to make changes and call yourself a graduate student (if you filled it out is as an undergrad). (It's sort of confusing- don't quote me on this. If you've had 3 or more years undergrad classes & are now in Rx school, you're a grad student, if you've only taken 2 years of undergrad & are an Rx student, you are still an "undergrad" for one more year.)

Yeah, that's right. I guess I could've been more specific. I called the financial aid office there - I was super worried because their deadline for financial aid & scholarships had passed (It was May 1st & I didn't get accepted till like the 8th or something.) What she said was basically, after the pharmacy school gets all our info squared away (deposit, forms, etc.) We will get something from financial aid, and they do the pharmacy students' aid different from regular UC undergrads- so we haven't missed anything so far. Remember to fill out your FAFSA if you haven't already! If you have already filled it out earlier this year, you may need to make changes and call yourself a graduate student (if you filled it out is as an undergrad). (It's sort of confusing- don't quote me on this. If you've had 3 or more years undergrad classes & are now in Rx school, you're a grad student, if you've only taken 2 years of undergrad & are an Rx student, you are still an "undergrad" for one more year.)

thanks for all that information. It really helps! I did around 3+ years undergrad but only have my associates in arts. Am I still a grad student? LOL

Hey everybody, I made a Pharmacy Class Thread for University of Charleston!

Last edited:
I emailed CAMC about Jefferson Place for an apartment for next year and they wrote back saying it is only for medical residents, does anyone know if we are allowed to live in one of their apartment complexes because I thought we could?

Yes- I don't know specifically about Jefferson Place but I know that in Maier Village (another CAMC place) there at least like 5 (probably more like 20) pharmacy students that live there. I am fairly good friends with two that live there. I think I've seen another post where a UC Rx student said s/he lived in Jefferson Place. Maybe you just spoke with someone who wasn't aware of the exception for UC students. (I hope that's the case!)

Congrats everyone!

Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything from them so I guess I am not in... ugh. I don't want to have to apply again. LOL.

I had an interview in January and I have been on the waitlist since then. I emailed them about my waitlist status earlier in the month, but they said that my file would be "re-evaluated" and I would hear no later than May 30th. I am just assuming that since people have been getting in and I haven't heard anything, that I will not be going to Charleston next year. :(

don't give up hope! I gave up hope too but then got in! I was interviewed in January also, and received an e-mail stating I would hear back by May 23rd. But I guess they changed it to May 30th?

Yes- I don't know specifically about Jefferson Place but I know that in Maier Village (another CAMC place) there at least like 5 (probably more like 20) pharmacy students that live there. I am fairly good friends with two that live there. I think I've seen another post where a UC Rx student said s/he lived in Jefferson Place. Maybe you just spoke with someone who wasn't aware of the exception for UC students. (I hope that's the case!)

I'm really not sure what's going on yet with the apartments, all I know is that I need a place to stay! LOL :laugh:

I spoke to CAMC about a month or so ago about housing and the list at that time for Jefferson was 70+ and Maier was 12+ The manager did not expect more than a few to move out of either place so he told me it really was not worth putting in an application because of how many they already had.

OK- so i have a list of apartments in charleston but I am kind of new to this whole forum thing.... so i don't know the best way to get it to you guys.
it was mailed to me, so i scanned it & its saved on my pc...
if someone wants the list bad enough, i'm sure i'll get some help! lol

I got a letter saying, I been put in the alternate list for admission !
Anyone here know, what are the chances of admission from this point now?

hey dude, I got that email too. But I'm sure you didn't get an e-mail a week prior telling you you were already accepted. Yea, I know, huge mistake.

chances are good you'll get in, today was the last day for committee meetings, so many people who will get in to in-state schools will give up their spot at UC. So keep faith, things happen for a reason.

hey dude, I got that email too. But I'm sure you didn't get an e-mail a week prior telling you you were already accepted. Yea, I know, huge mistake.

chances are good you'll get in, today was the last day for committee meetings, so many people who will get in to in-state schools will give up their spot at UC. So keep faith, things happen for a reason.

Thanks for the words or advice and encouragement !

Thanks for the words or advice and encouragement !

Just be happy you didn't get an acceptance letter last week then found out today you're only on the alternate list.

but like I said you have a good chance still.