-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
University of Cincinnati Alternate List Waitlist
Started by alligator3907
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Another waitlisted-one here. Called the admissions office and they rank the waitlist on actually May 15th. Sort of sucks because they don't let you know your ranking, however. I want to live in the stetson apts. if I do go there, and they want some $$ to reserve a spot. Sweet situation to be in.
MUOH, i'm assuming you go to miami of ohio? ...yea me too
MUOH, i'm assuming you go to miami of ohio? ...yea me too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1
Last edited:
ooo mememeI just withdrew from Cinci 1 minute ago. Someone take my spot and ENJOY it! Goodluck!
I just withdrew from Cinci 1 minute ago. Someone take my spot and ENJOY it! Goodluck!
You are truly a doll and so sweet to not wait until May 15th.
I hope that all our dreams come true!
Another waitlisted-one here. Called the admissions office and they rank the waitlist on actually May 15th. Sort of sucks because they don't let you know your ranking, however. I want to live in the stetson apts. if I do go there, and they want some $$ to reserve a spot. Sweet situation to be in.
MUOH, i'm assuming you go to miami of ohio? ...yea me too
yep. graduated in Dec
Some serious cruelty. Got a thick package from UCinci today after being on the waitlist for many months. Turns out it's a "in the event you are accepted, start your financial aid paperwork" package. Feh.
Man thats brutal
Good luck
Man thats brutal
Good luck
Seriously.. Blows that whole "thick mail=good, thin mail=bad" idea out of the water👎
I met with Dr. Manuel, Assistant Dean 2 weeks ago. We should be getting a letter stating whether we are in the top, middle, or bottom third of the waitlist. But, also, he says they take from the middle third before the top third depending on the gender, in/out of state, etc... sometimes before somebody in the top third. Yeah that package was such a tease! I haven't heard anyone getting off this waitlist yet.
does it matter at all at what time of the month the interview occurred?
He didn't mention that at all. I think once you are on the waitlist, I don't think it matters when you interviewed, but I'm not sure. He said there are 8 categories that they used but didn't tell me all of them. He mentioned that their goal was to not get lower than 41% of females in the incoming class. I thought we would've gotten the letter before now; he said they wanted it out before may 15th. If they haven't done the letter, I'm doubting that they'll move anybody before they send it out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
F
finaaqua
my boyfriend actually heard from his interviewer that they tell you your rank- this is the first year that cincy is ranking the waitlist. apparently last year there was movement on the monday after may 15- but i was hoping for my boyfriend's sake that there was movement on his application today.
has anyone tried calling the office and asking when movement would happen??
has anyone tried calling the office and asking when movement would happen??
Does anyone know if UC will indicate on medonestop if you are accepted from the waitlist? Would this online notification occur before the snail mail letter is received?
F
finaaqua
Does anyone know if UC will indicate on medonestop if you are accepted from the waitlist? Would this online notification occur before the snail mail letter is received?
people heard last year via an email about a change of status to their medonestop accounts- i am just hoping my boyfriend hears today!
F
finaaqua
Hey, I just got in off the waitlist via email. Good luck to everyone!
congratulations! hey did you hear through medonestop? was it in your email this morning?
Congratulations!There were 2 emails this morning, 7 minutes apart. One said that my MedOneStop status had changed, and the other was an acceptance email with some important documents (housing, background check).
Did you get the grey envelope last week?
Did everyone else get the grey envelope?
Yes, that financial aid grey packet!Are you talking about the financial aid packet? I got a thick package last week with a lender list, stafford loan info, etc...
I wish UC wasn't being so slow moving this waitlist...only one person so far!
Why would they send that packet if the applicant has no chance? I thought I was going to die openning it. I ripped it to shreds before reading the letter and seeing what it said.
Congratulations!
Did you get the grey envelope last week?
Did everyone else get the grey envelope?
Well all of my mail goes to my parents' address, so I haven't seen it yet. Though my dad did just tell me the financial aid stuff came.
for those of you who have been accepted? are you in state /out of state? male/ female?
I was told they would be looking for OOS first
I'm OOS and Male.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my suspicions have been confirmed. i was told i was top third on the list, but im afraid my in state status may be hurting me here......blehhhhhh!
How were you informed that you are in the top third of the WL?
i had a meeting with doctor manuel. the letters detailing what third you are in should be sent out early this week, according to him.
from what i remember:
~200 in state on the list...
~90 OOS on the list...
will be making majority of offers before june 15
from what i remember:
~200 in state on the list...
~90 OOS on the list...
will be making majority of offers before june 15
Yeah he definitely gave me that idea...because he was saying they would sometimes take OOS females from the middle third over people in the top third. Its a bit of a crapshoot. However, Dr. Manuel did seem positive in the amount of people they are going to take off the waitlist this year. I was going to re-take my MCATs in July and he told me to move it back to August since they expect to make about 10-15 more offers in july.
my suspicions have been confirmed. i was told i was top third on the list, but im afraid my in state status may be hurting me here......blehhhhhh!
A sample size of 2 isn't exactly empirically rigorous. I'd hold tight - upper 1/3 is good odds all around, I'd say.
Yup, I plan to attend. I was fully intending to stick with another Ohio school, but UC pretty much made up my mind for me yesterday.
I feel really good about the research going on at UC and the teaching hospitals (especially Children's).
What about you guys, tbo and meno? Planning to attend?
I feel really good about the research going on at UC and the teaching hospitals (especially Children's).
What about you guys, tbo and meno? Planning to attend?
Did anyone not receive the grey financial-aid package?
Did they send it to everyone on the waitlist?
How do some of you know where you stand on the waitlist?
Did they send it to everyone on the waitlist?
How do some of you know where you stand on the waitlist?
F
finaaqua
Did anyone not receive the grey financial-aid package?
Did they send it to everyone on the waitlist?
How do some of you know where you stand on the waitlist?
they didn't send the packet to everyone, my boyfriend did not receive it. (but he did fill out fafsa and all the financial aid forms in march or early april for cincinnati so they might not have sent anything since they had all his info).
you get a letter in the mail with your waitlist standing- the office won't give it to you over the phone for some reason or another.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
you get a letter in the mail with your waitlist standing- the office won't give it to you over the phone for some reason or another.
Probably to discourage more calls from nervous, desperate pre-meds. When you're getting 5,000 to 10,000 apps you have to make the workload manageable in every way possible.
Hello Everybody, I am also on the waitlist and accepted at other schools....I am holding out until last minute for UC to come around which puts me in quite a bind with housing and such....does anybody have advice on what to do about setting up for housing (roommate commitment, signing leases, deposits, ect.) at my second choice?
Congrats to all who have been accepted so far!
Hope to join you soon
Congrats to all who have been accepted so far!
Hope to join you soon
Hello Everybody, I am also on the waitlist and accepted at other schools....I am holding out until last minute for UC to come around which puts me in quite a bind with housing and such....does anybody have advice on what to do about setting up for housing (roommate commitment, signing leases, deposits, ect.) at my second choice?
I wouldn't worry about UC housing too much. There is a reasonable amount of housing near UCCOM. You might end up living on some ghetto street for a year, but you'll find a place.
As for your second choice, you can look and maybe even tell some landlords you are tentatively interested so you are ready to go if you wind up going there. Just don't sign anything and be VERY upfront about your situation.
Yup, I plan to attend. I was fully intending to stick with another Ohio school, but UC pretty much made up my mind for me yesterday.
I feel really good about the research going on at UC and the teaching hospitals (especially Children's).
What about you guys, tbo and meno? Planning to attend?
I should be there in August as well. Looking forward to it.
I'm in Cincinnati now (incoming MD/PhD here for the summer for lab rotations). Admittedly, I am very new to the area, but it seems that there are a good number of 1-2 bedroom apartments available in my neighborhood (Clifton Gaslight) just judging from the signs that some houses/buildings have out on the street/in the windows. When I did the apartment hunting thing, there was a wide range available in the area (from "I would live in my car before I would pay for an apartment this crappy." to "Wow, this is amazing, but it's probably significantly MORE space than I need."). Still, I wouldn't stress overmuch about being able to find something, I imagine that you'll be OK, especially since I'm pretty sure we start well before the undergrads.
Looking forward to meeting you all in the fall, and congrats to all the recent accepts!
Looking forward to meeting you all in the fall, and congrats to all the recent accepts!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 33
- Views
- 9K
