University of Colorado c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey koni, I'll be meeting you! I chose the 2/13 date.

See you then! Good luck.. and don't worry- I don't take offense to being addressed "Hey" :laugh:

Hopefully the weather warms up soon.. It's been pretty cold lately.

Members don't see this ad.

See you then! Good luck.. and don't worry- I don't take offense to being addressed "Hey" :laugh:

Hopefully the weather warms up soon.. It's been pretty cold lately.

Thanks, it's been freezing! I had to walk to the pepsi center tonight and my legs got numb.

I thought "hey" could be used as a greeting as well? haha

i got a message from Kimberly from UC Denver about setting up an interview for English-efficiency test?! I dont intend to interview there since im pretty much settled with another program in my state home, but im curious... Im not a native English-speaker, but i've done my BS here in the US and im a US resident!!! I got to call her today to find out!

Members don't see this ad :)
i got a message from Kimberly from UC Denver about setting up an interview for English-efficiency test?! I dont intend to interview there since im pretty much settled with another program in my state home, but im curious... Im not a native English-speaker, but i've done my BS here in the US and im a US resident!!! I got to call her today to find out!

Its standard for anyone that is not a native English speaker. Nothing to worry about.

hey
i just got an interview to CU Denver...what kinds of questions did they ask during the interview and did you have the written exam??? ...I would really appreciate any sort of info about the process

they are sstill inviting ppl for regular admission righT?

OHHH SO NERVOUS!

Have you heard anything from them yet? Tomorrow is the last day of January, so I guess I'll be expecting a denial letter by mid-February.

I got an interview invite today!!! YAY!

by email from beverly brunson. it was around 3:30pm PST

i have an interview at UC denver on 2/20... i'm excited!

does anyone know if taking an earlier interview date is beneficial? I just wanted to know if they consider applications for acceptance after each interview date or if they do it collectively.

Thanks!!

Ohh and SilverSun: The 2/20 date was not available for me...they pretty much have all other mon and fri dates...haha...

good luck at your interview!!

hey
i just got an interview to CU Denver...what kinds of questions did they ask during the interview and did you have the written exam??? ...I would really appreciate any sort of info about the process

I can't give you details about the process since I help with the interviews, but you should find the interview feedback on here very helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone going to be at the interview on Feb 23rd?

does anyone know if taking an earlier interview date is beneficial? I just wanted to know if they consider applications for acceptance after each interview date or if they do it collectively.

Thanks!!

Ohh and SilverSun: The 2/20 date was not available for me...they pretty much have all other mon and fri dates...haha...

good luck at your interview!!

They told us in the Jan 30 interview that having an earlier interview date was not beneficial since they get together after all of the interviews are over with to make the decision. Everyone has an equal chance no matter when you interview.

But, then again, I could be just plain wrong. I read in the other Univ of Colorado interview thread (updated by phoenix585 - who had the same interview date) that they said that they were going to meet in 2 weeks and start sending out the first set of acceptances/rejections. I could have sworn that I heard Beverly say in the beginning of the session that all of the acceptances/rejections would be sent out all at once, at the beginning of April.

My advice: don't stress about the interview date. Just write a good essay (remember what the article was), do well and be yourself in the interview, and actively participate in the group activity.

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice!!! Also, for the article, that is given to us at the interview, correct?

They told us in the Jan 30 interview that having an earlier interview date was not beneficial since they get together after all of the interviews are over with to make the decision. Everyone has an equal chance no matter when you interview.

But, then again, I could be just plain wrong. I read in the other Univ of Colorado interview thread (updated by phoenix585 - who had the same interview date) that they said that they were going to meet in 2 weeks and start sending out the first set of acceptances/rejections. I could have sworn that I heard Beverly say in the beginning of the session that all of the acceptances/rejections would be sent out all at once, at the beginning of April.

My advice: don't stress about the interview date. Just write a good essay (remember what the article was), do well and be yourself in the interview, and actively participate in the group activity.

I interviewed on Monday the 2nd and they said that we could hear from them anytime between a few weeks after our interview and early April.

I got an interview invite today! I am soooo excited about this one! Hopefully 2/23 is still available!

anyone going to be at the interview on Feb 23rd?

Congrats to you RXFanatic :thumbup: I'll be out for that interview date as well. (Hoping for a heat wave!)

As I understand, all interview dates have the same chance, because they use a scoring system. Interview score + app score = rank. They notify all accepted applicants at about the same time - I think in April...
Now, if I could only remember where I read that! :confused:

See ya guys there...and thanks for the information RX by Mail!!

Congrats to you RXFanatic :thumbup: I'll be out for that interview date as well. (Hoping for a heat wave!)

As I understand, all interview dates have the same chance, because they use a scoring system. Interview score + app score = rank. They notify all accepted applicants at about the same time - I think in April...
Now, if I could only remember where I read that! :confused:

I remember reading that they evaluate everything once all interviews are done then send out acceptances at the end, but like you, I can't find where I read that either.

Yay! I just confirmed my interview for 2/23! See you there!

Woohoo, I just got an invitation for an interview!!!! I am trying to get scheduled for the 2/23 window, just waiting for the confirmation email.

I remember reading that they evaluate everything once all interviews are done then send out acceptances at the end, but like you, I can't find where I read that either.

You read that in one of the information attachments they sent along with the interview invitation.

I read that somewhere too. At the interview though they said their first acceptance letters would go out after their first review which should be in a week in a half. From there they will send out acceptance till, I think, April.

Good luck at your interview!

I was thinking about it today at work when I was so happy that I had to keep looking at the invitation, but maybe for the shoe-in interviewees whom they really liked they send out acceptance letters really soon. As opposed to those who they may wait to evaluate with some other candidates that get mailed out later or in the lump sum in April. Just a thought.

i was at the 1/30 interview. i also remember hearing that the adcom would be meeting soon to evaluate those they have interviewed thus far. so maybe they will?

i was at the 1/30 interview. i also remember hearing that the adcom would be meeting soon to evaluate those they have interviewed thus far. so maybe they will?
I'm pretty sure this is correct. Those of us that have interviewed could hear back anytime between a few weeks from now and early April.

How long does it take to receive a confirmation for the interview date? I sent my choice a couple of days ago and still no response.

How long does it take to receive a confirmation for the interview date? I sent my choice a couple of days ago and still no response.

I would probably try to contact them again. I sent my confirmation email at 10 pm and received the confirmation by 7 am the next morning.

I sent my request Friday night and heard back first thing Monday am too.

Thanks! Are you interviewing as well? If so, good luck and maybe see you there. :luck:

Nope, I'm still waiting for the interview invite.
But wish you luck since it seems that you'd rather stay in mainland than the big island;)

Nope, I'm still waiting for the interview invite.
But wish you luck since it seems that you'd rather stay in mainland than the big island;)

you are correct. I'm trying my hardest to stay on the mainland! Colorado is one of my top 5 schools though so I'm super excited for this opportunity! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get an invite soon :xf::xf:

you are correct. I'm trying my hardest to stay on the mainland! Colorado is one of my top 5 schools though so I'm super excited for this opportunity! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get an invite soon :xf::xf:

Thanks. I'm checking my email/mail like czy everyday:xf:

Thanks. I'm checking my email/mail like czy everyday:xf:

Me too! I've been stalking my email account several times a day. I'm thinking that at this rate, we can only get invited when some people decline their invites.

:). Hopefully, many will decline the invite due to acceptance to other programs:xf:

Well part of the interview they disclose some info about this years interviews. They said they would be interviewing approx. 320 people, of which 160 will be offered acceptances.

Well part of the interview they disclose some info about this years interviews. They said they would be interviewing approx. 320 people, of which 160 will be offered acceptances.

That is 50% getting acceptance once granted the interview. It's far better than most pharmacy schools I know.

They also mentioned that they had 1100 applicants. So 320/1100, is only 29% of the people that applied will be interviewed.

They also mentioned that they had 1100 applicants. So 320/1100, is only 29% of the people that applied will be interviewed.

Would you say that once you have an interview, it's fair game regardless if you in state or out of state? Just curious because I heard they give preference to in state residence.

Got this from PharmCAS:

Total number of new entrants expected : 150 ( it's 160 this year according to UC interview info)
Estimated in-state: 96
Estimated out-of-state: 64

Interesting that the estimate adds to 160 but PharmCAS also says their only expecting 150 new entrants. Hmmm.

Last edited:
This is better than many state schools. Texas usually has 90% from in-state. I know Arizona is like Texas too, although I don't think their is an actual rule for them (so it will vary by year for AZ). New Mexico Unv. states they will only accept 10 out-of-state students this year.
Most of the info I've acquired is geared more towards the western US. Putting things in perspective Colorado gives out of state students a much better chance then other state school with pharmacy colleges. Added to this they got a great program too!!

Last edited:
Colorado accepts a lot of out-of-state students.. I don't remember the exact numbers but it is significantly higher than most other state funded schools.

As for whether they show preference for in-state students while making decisions after interviews- I have no idea.. Just remember though, this part of the application process is almost entirely in your hands! This is the time to shine. ;)

I just had my interview, and absolutely loved it! Crossing my fingers that I get in!
Anyone know how many people they end up taking from the wait list? There were a lot of people at the interview that had been accepted to other schools already.... hoping that might counter whatever might go against me for being out of state (if there is anything....)

Does anyone know specifically when UC will be doing their reviews. At the interview they said a couple weeks ( interview was 1/30). Just wondering if any pharmacy students know the specific date at all. Thanks