University of Colorado c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yep. one less open spot sorry. Still kind of shell shocked they let in a 2.93 cumulative 2.76 science student. Guess I must have kicked ass on the interview :smuggrin:

wow! that definitely gives me hope. My gpa is not the greatest but both are above 3.0. congrats on kicking ass on the interview. I hope I did so as well. I will definitely be attending this school over hawaii if I get in!

Members don't see this ad.

i received an interview invite to usc the same day i got my colorado acceptance. so we'll see how that goes. but i really like colorado.

yep. one less open spot sorry. Still kind of shell shocked they let in a 2.93 cumulative 2.76 science student. Guess I must have kicked ass on the interview :smuggrin:

Me too. And my stats are lower (2.62 cum as per PharmCAS), but I guess they really consider the overall applicant, not just grades which is refreshing. Not to mention my last few years hovered around 3.4-3.5 (and 3.75 this last semester :D).

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you waiting on Creighton, are you distance or campus pathway? Its kinda weird that there are a few (like myself) that are between those two schools. Good luck!

i interviewed 1/30 as well and got my acceptance letter today. haha i guess we predicted correctly that we are an awesome group. it was fun chatting with everyone that day. see you all this fall!

Yeah, I was 1/30 as well.

Any tips on how to get from the airport to the campus? I know there's some sort of train, but idk if it goes to the campus. Should I do shuttle or taxi? Those are more expensive so i'd rather avoid them.

Any tips on how to get from the airport to the campus? I know there's some sort of train, but idk if it goes to the campus. Should I do shuttle or taxi? Those are more expensive so i'd rather avoid them.

There is no train from the airport to Denver. There is also no train that goes to campus. You can take a bus for fairly cheap. It won't go direct, but you can figure it out on the website. http://www.rtd-denver.com

Will you be staying at a hotel near by (either the night before of after)? If you stay at one of the hotels near the school, most I believe have free shuttle service from hotel to airport and some even will shuttle you to the campus for free as well. I stayed at The Timbers, got a UC discount and its within a couple miles. All their shuttle service was free.
If your not staying at a hotel, I would ask Colorado which route they think would work best with your itinerary.
Good luck at your interview!!:D

Members don't see this ad :)

Did you book the renaissance? The lady I talked to said they have a shuttle that goes to the airport like 22 hours out of the day. I gotta call em back and figure out where it picks you up at the airport.

I realized I dont need a hotel because im flying to and from on friday so i wont need to stay a night. So I just need to get from the airport to the campus and then back.

i interviewed on the 26th as well and am also accepted!

Ok I have a question about WICHE. I noticed that Arizona and University of Colorado participate in this program. My question is will this apply to the Pharmacy program at U of C and pharmacy students applying from AZ? There is one private and one public pharmacy programs in Arizona, will this disqualify me? This would mean the difference of paying 32k or 16k the first year, I could save 16k. Any info would be appreciated.

I interviewed with UC-Denver on Friday of last week. I don't know when they are having their next adcom meeting. From the sounds of it, the acceptance packet will come by snail mail though...:(

Still waiting....seems to be a common theme to this application process.

Did you book the renaissance? The lady I talked to said they have a shuttle that goes to the airport like 22 hours out of the day. I gotta call em back and figure out where it picks you up at the airport.

The Renaissance Denver Hotel has a complimentary shuttle service running from DIA every 30 minutes starting at 4:05 am until 12:35 am 7 days a week. The shuttle pick-up is on Baggage Claim Lever 5, door #506 on the Westside and door #511 on the Eastside. The shuttle service return schedule leaves every 30 minutes from the hotel starting at 3:30am. Reservations for return service can be requested at the hotel front desk.

If anyones stays at the Renaissance, order the chicken panini from room service... amazing.

anyone from 2/13 interview get accepted yet?????

If anyones stays at the Renaissance, order the chicken panini from room service... amazing.

I also stayed at the Renaissance but I didn't dare order room service. It was way too expensive! I took the shuttle to the restaurants across the street.

anyone from 2/13 interview get accepted yet?????

I was there and haven't heard anything! I'm thinking maybe next week? If they're doing reviews weekly I'm thinking maybe next week? Although no one from the week before us seems to have heard

Last edited:
I also stayed at the Renaissance but I didn't dare order room service. It was way too expensive! I took the shuttle to the restaurants across the street.

Yeah most of it is pretty outrageous($6 for oatmeal are you kidding me?!) but the panini was only 9 and it was a good size and delicious

I had an awesome time yesterday. Met a ton of cool people and the interview went really well. Cant wait to hear back. It should be about a month right??

I would stick with that time frame, but not really sure anymore. I thought everyone from all the interviews before the first review would be looked at but that's obviously not the case. Still I think their review process is a little like UT's. I'm pretty sure they don't do weekly reviews. I'm surprised they didn't mention when their next review is. If you really want to know for sure, I would call them. For me it was 3 1/2 weeks including the time it took for snail mail (Denver to Phx).

Do they send you an acceptance via email first..and then snail mail?

greattt...now i can go back to stalking the mail man...=)

I'll be anxiously waiting their decision. I don't have anything to compare it too being my first interview, but I was really impressed with the campus. Everyone was so nice and I felt really comfortable there. The opportunity to petition for resident tuition the second year is also very attractive haha.

I'll be anxiously waiting their decision. I don't have anything to compare it too being my first interview, but I was really impressed with the campus. Everyone was so nice and I felt really comfortable there. The opportunity to petition for resident tuition the second year is also very attractive haha.

I've been anxious too waiting. I still check my mail everyday eventhough I know it may take about a month and my interview was only on 2/23. This is my first interview too so does anyone know much about FAFSA? I never had to apply for before so I guess my question is do we only start applying for FAFSA once we are accepted?

I don't believe you have to wait to apply. I didn't specifically ask Colorado but I did ask Creighton. They told me when they receive Fafsa info they file into a hold bin until a decision is made about attendance. I remember at the Colorado interview they told us to complete FAFSA as soon as possible, so I would think they have a similar system. If you are applying to more than one school, list them all on the application. You can always go back later and fix it.

colorado also has its own financial aid forms you need to fill out as well. i'm not sure whether you fill those out once you've been accepted or before but it's always a good idea to check. they take no time at all but fafsa takes a little bit of work so i'd start asap.

Hello, big white envelope! :thumbup: Interviewed 2/9 and received acceptance letter today. Letter is dated March 5, 2009.

Woot! Interviewed on 2/13 and got my acceptance today! The most beautiful white envelope I had ever seen....ahhh. :D

congratulations!!! I haven't heard anything yet...but it's only been two weeks for me. I am so sick of waiting....

who do i write the background check to? guess ill call them tomorrow morning...

gonna cry... nothing in the mail today
Interviewed 2/13

gonna cry... nothing in the mail today
Interviewed 2/13

Same here :thumbdown:, now my plans are all pretty set at least no more waiting religiously, regis here I come...

Congrats refuse2bdefined and rcoriakin, go out to happy hour and celebrate! As for tbsnstar, I think we should go to happy hour too...for a different reason :laugh:

super stalker of me... but it looks like one person is from northern CA.. which means out of state should have it too. damn... maybe my mailman is lost???? hope so

Does anyone know if the AdCom has met since Feb 27th? I know there were interviews being offered through this Friday still, but I am not sure if they are going to lump all the last few interview dates together or not.

Ideas anyone?

The panini is overrated. Try the tortelini with pesto sauce grizzled with truffle oil. Make sure you order it with shrimp and a side of bread (for the extra sauce). it's only $15 ($12 without the shrimp).

For the current immunization form, does anyone know if it has to be complete or if you just fill out what you have so far? I've had a TD but not in the last 10 years, and I have no idea what date I got chicken pox (lol). Should I just list my last tetanus shot even though I know I'll need another one before school starts? Anyone else going through this too???

Any help would be appreciated!

I got accepted too! :D Interviewed 2/13, mail came today.

Woot! Interviewed on 2/13 and got my acceptance today! The most beautiful white envelope I had ever seen....ahhh. :D

Congratulations to you and to everyone accepted!!! :thumbup:

Since it looks like about a month wait, I still have a week or two to go (2/23). I've never wished for the days to pass by faster!!!

Was your letter dated March 5th as well? If it was, I wonder why they waited so long to mail it out. Just over analyzing. =)

For the current immunization form, does anyone know if it has to be complete or if you just fill out what you have so far? I've had a TD but not in the last 10 years, and I have no idea what date I got chicken pox (lol). Should I just list my last tetanus shot even though I know I'll need another one before school starts? Anyone else going through this too???

Any help would be appreciated!

get the titer for the chicken pox to check for immunity.