University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy entering class 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saka123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I received my acceptance letter last week and I am so excited to attend CU Skaggs School of Pharmacy c/o 2022! Didn't see a thread yet for our school so thought I would start one up! Looking forward to starting this new chapter with all of you! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I just submitted my application and it's in the verification process. I'm nervous so I really hope I'm offered an interview! Do you think I have good chances with a PCAT composite 94, about a 3.75 GPA, and I'll have a bachelor's degree in biology with minors in chemistry and psychology? I'm also a student-athlete.

Hi! I just submitted my application and it's in the verification process. I'm nervous so I really hope I'm offered an interview! Do you think I have good chances with a PCAT composite 94, about a 3.75 GPA, and I'll have a bachelor's degree in biology with minors in chemistry and psychology? I'm also a student-athlete.
I have no doubt you will be totally fine!!! I’m sure you’ll be offered an interview in a heart beat!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My application was submitted early, before I even had my PCAT score back. I got my interview invite last week, wish me luck.

Hey!

I received my acceptance on Oct. 19th! Were you at early decision day?? Super excited to see who else got in from that group!

Hey!

I received my acceptance on Oct. 19th! Were you at early decision day?? Super excited to see who else got in from that group!
YES!!!!! I was from early decision day!!!! :) I really liked everyone there I’m so so excited

Just received my acceptance today. See you next fall!

Hi all! Pharmcas finally verified my application. How long did it take you guys to hear back from University of Colorado about an interview after your application was verified? I am kind of nervous because my GPA isn't the best, but my PCAT score is good and I had three pharmacists write me letters of recommendation. Also, where are you all from? This school is my top choice school, so I hope to get an interview there!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wanted to know how quickly you all heard back from Colorado? I just had my interview on the 10th and they said two weeks or so.

Just wanted to know because other schools have said 1-3 weeks after the interview and I would be getting an acceptance email 1-5 days later.

Hi all! Pharmcas finally verified my application. How long did it take you guys to hear back from University of Colorado about an interview after your application was verified? I am kind of nervous because my GPA isn't the best, but my PCAT score is good and I had three pharmacists write me letters of recommendation. Also, where are you all from? This school is my top choice school, so I hope to get an interview there!
It took me about a month to hear back from Denver, but that was probably because I turned in mine so early that they hadn’t started looking at the apps. I’m from Colorado, and I’m definitely going to this school, it’s beautiful here! And I’m sure you will hear back from them soon!

Wanted to know how quickly you all heard back from Colorado? I just had my interview on the 10th and they said two weeks or so.

Just wanted to know because other schools have said 1-3 weeks after the interview and I would be getting an acceptance email 1-5 days later.
I heard back from the three days after the interview! I think you can hear back as early as the Wednesday after you interview because that is the day the admissions committee meets to discuss the interviewees. Good luck!

I heard back from the three days after the interview! I think you can hear back as early as the Wednesday after you interview because that is the day the admissions committee meets to discuss the interviewees. Good luck!

So the committee meets the following Wednesday instead of Monday?

I got an "Application Complete" email from CU on November 2 and invited to interview on November 8. Scheduled my interview for this Friday. Hoping it goes well!

Speaking of, for anyone that's done their interview already, how did it go? I got an agenda for my interview day and it looks like there's a faculty interview, activity sessions, and a writing assessment, plus a group activity later in the afternoon. Anything particularly difficult? I saw elsewhere that the interview is generally pretty laid back, but I'm not too sure how to prepare. :S

And gphigirl, to answer your other question, I'm a Denver native, but I'm currently at an out-of-state school. Really hoping to come back home for pharmacy school!

Hey everyone after receiving a "application complete" email, did you guys receive a "prerequistes review" email? If you didn't complete a prerequisite do you have to email them back?

Hey everyone after receiving a "application complete" email, did you guys receive a "prerequistes review" email? If you didn't complete a prerequisite do you have to email them back?

If I understand correctly, you only have to email them back if you’ve already completed a prereq marked “no” OR if you don’t plan on having one of the prereqs completed by the end of the Spring 2018 semester. Any courses that are in-progress will also show as “no,” so for example, mine shows a no for Physiology lecture and Physiology lab since I’m currently enrolled in those classes.

Speaking of, for anyone that's done their interview already, how did it go? I got an agenda for my interview day and it looks like there's a faculty interview, activity sessions, and a writing assessment, plus a group activity later in the afternoon. Anything particularly difficult? I saw elsewhere that the interview is generally pretty laid back, but I'm not too sure how to prepare. :S
It’s really laid back. Compared to other interviews I went to, I feel like Denver was trying their best to give me a memorable experience. The hardest part for me was the writing assessment and I feel like that was because i haven’t been in school for months so I was a little out of practice

Reactions: 1 users
I am from Idaho. Do any of you still have to finish pre reqs in the spring? I still have two pre reqs to complete in the spring and I am completing the majority of my pre reqs this semester. I received an email today saying that my transcript review is complete. Hopefully I will hear back soon for an interview! This is my first choice school! I just hope that since I have pre reqs showing as incomplete from this semester and the spring semester that it won't hurt my chances of getting an interview.

How long did it take to hear about getting an interview after your transcript review has been complete?

Im from California, I haven't heard back yet and I submitted my application during the first week of November. Do OOS applicants have last priority maybe?

Im from California, I haven't heard back yet and I submitted my application during the first week of November. Do OOS applicants have last priority maybe?
They definitely do NOT prioritize in-state versus out-of-state. In my pool of interviewees, which was around 15, only three of us, that I know of, were in-state. Many of them were from Mass, Cali, New York, etc. During the welcome presentation, the Associate Dean spoke about aiming for a class of 50/50 in-state vs. out-of-state students. And this school is super great because after the first year, out-of-state students can qualify for in-state tuition for the rest of the three years!

From centennial,CO! :)
Congrats! I have a deferral spot for 2018 so ill be joining those who grab seats! Well be coming from OOS any off you guys planning to find roommates? I find rent to be hella expensive out there lol

Interesting that a lot of people here are instate. Seemed like the opposite at the interview.

Last edited:
I’m waiting until the Facebook page is up for our class before thinking about roommate but rent is def expensive near campus lol

Reactions: 1 users
I’m waiting until the Facebook page is up for our class before thinking about roommate but rent is def expensive near campus lol
This is why I’m so grateful that my parents offered to let me live at home rent-free if I go to CU. I mean they live a good 30 minutes from campus on the other side of town but I’ll take what I can get lol.

Hopefully it's up soon apts fill up quickly from what I heard plus I'm planning to move out there 2-3months before class starts.

For all of those accepted, would you mind sharing your stats/credentials?

Just wanted to know for reference. Getting nervous because this is the longest I've waited between an interview and hearing back.

Just got my acceptance email a few minutes ago!!!!!!!! :soexcited: Interviewed on the 17th but figured I’d have to wait until after the holiday weekend to find out whether I got in. Good luck to the rest of you! :xf:

I'm currently a P1 student (c/o 2021) and I received my acceptance email on Monday afternoon after my Friday interview. I've had a few conversations with my classmates about their acceptance times and it seems that most people received their acceptance in about a week after their interview, with a few people getting theirs really early. I was also told two weeks, but I was really glad to get mine so early because I would've died from the anticipation.

Congratulations to everyone who have received their acceptance! If you guys have any burning questions that you want to ask me, feel free to ask! I'd love to help!

Question: Where do you recommend living? I will be an OSS, and I've been browsing the university commuter research link to get a sense of apartment prices and locations. But I still feel overwhelm and lost.

Question: Where do you recommend living? I will be an OSS, and I've been browsing the university commuter research link to get a sense of apartment prices and locations. But I still feel overwhelm and lost.

Same here. I'm coming in from California and I'm so lost on where to live. There was also a lot of warning about not living in the bad parts of Colorado which worries me. I think I'll call the school as I think they mentioned a facebook page during my interview date.

Same here. I'm coming in from California and I'm so lost on where to live. There was also a lot of warning about not living in the bad parts of Colorado which worries me. I think I'll call the school as I think they mentioned a facebook page during my interview date.

I’m born and raised in Denver, so I can probably answer these. Generally anything south of downtown is safe. Don’t worry too much about distance from school because I’m like 95% sure there’s an RTD (public transit) pass included with tuition. Some of the northern suburbs (like Arvada, Thornton, Federal Heights, etc) also tend to be on the safer side, but with fewer Light Rail services. I have a friend who rented an apartment near I-25 and Evans and she seemed to like it. Above all, DO NOT live anywhere on East Colfax. Also most apartments within walking distance of Anschutz tend to be super expensive (like 21 Fitzsimmons) or super sketchy so avoid that. Like I said, if you don’t plan on bringing a car, just focus on living close to a Light Rail station and you’ll be good.

Hey guys, I just got offered an interview at this school and scheduled it for a few weeks from now! I hope I make it in because University of Colorado is my top choice! Anybody got advice for the interview process? How can I prepare?I'm really really nervous about it. And also, what's the writing assessment about?

Congratulations on getting an interview!

The day was really laid-back, honestly. My day basically went like this:
-Short meet and greet
-45 min presentation about the school
-Interview for 30 minutes (Really standard questions: "What does being a leader mean to you?", "How have you been a leader?", "What's the most interesting innovation of the past 10 years?", "You volunteer at a free clinic and a co-worker doesn't want to serve a homeless patient, what do you do?", "Why pharmacy?"
-Writing assessment for ~30 minutes (They have you read a health-related news article and you have to answer some reading comprehension questions and write about how you would fix the problem.)
-Lunch (we had a make your own sandwich thing)
-Tour
-Group activity (Individually, you rank 10 things about healthcare from least to most important, then in groups of four you try and come to a consensus on the order of the list.)

Again, congratulations and good luck!

I got accepted to other schools, but I'm ultimately going to Colorado because they really impressed me at the interview, have one of the best residency match rates of the schools I applied to, and they're offering me a decent first year scholarship. So I hope they continue to impress!

Congratulations on getting an interview!

The day was really laid-back, honestly. My day basically went like this:
-Short meet and greet
-45 min presentation about the school
-Interview for 30 minutes (Really standard questions: "What does being a leader mean to you?", "How have you been a leader?", "What's the most interesting innovation of the past 10 years?", "You volunteer at a free clinic and a co-worker doesn't want to serve a homeless patient, what do you do?", "Why pharmacy?"
-Writing assessment for ~30 minutes (They have you read a health-related news article and you have to answer some reading comprehension questions and write about how you would fix the problem.)
-Lunch (we had a make your own sandwich thing)
-Tour
-Group activity (Individually, you rank 10 things about healthcare from least to most important, then in groups of four you try and come to a consensus on the order of the list.)

Again, congratulations and good luck!

I got accepted to other schools, but I'm ultimately going to Colorado because they really impressed me at the interview, have one of the best residency match rates of the schools I applied to, and they're offering me a decent first year scholarship. So I hope they continue to impress!
Wow if I didn’t already know from upthread that you interviewed a week before me I would have thought you were at my interview. :laugh: I would just add that the lunch and tour are with a few current students and the tour in particular has no admissions officers and no bearing on your admissions decision, so ask anything. To @Raygee808, check out SDN’s interview feedback, it was super helpful for me.

Also they offered you a scholarship already what??? I haven’t heard anything about scholarships yet (but I’m also in state).

I am OOS, so that's probably why they gave me money. It's not the most I've been offered, but money is money! Basically takes 15% off of tuition for the first year.

Does anybody know when the Facebook page will be open? I have been waiting so I can kind of start considering some housing options

Does anybody know when the Facebook page will be open? I have been waiting so I can kind of start considering some housing options
Did some searching and found out the c/o 2021 page (current P1’s) was created on February 12, 2017, which kiiiiiiiinda lines up with the first online chat they’re having for incoming students? Guessing the online chats are probably a pretty new thing because the previous three classes (current P2, P3, and P4 students) had their Facebook pages up by November or December of their respective application cycles. Also the c/o 2019 page had this:
The group is moderated by Student Council of class of 2018 to help with any questions that the incoming class may have. The page will be turned over to your class once elections of the P1 council takes place.
While obviously outdated, it suggests the pages are made by the admissions office instead of the students. Buuuuut I definitely recognized the person who Facebook says created the c/o 2021 page as a current student who was at my interview, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Will probably be something to ask about next month when they host the first online chat.

Did some searching and found out the c/o 2021 page (current P1’s) was created on February 12, 2017, which kiiiiiiiinda lines up with the first online chat they’re having for incoming students? Guessing the online chats are probably a pretty new thing because the previous three classes (current P2, P3, and P4 students) had their Facebook pages up by November or December of their respective application cycles. Also the c/o 2019 page had this: While obviously outdated, it suggests the pages are made by the admissions office instead of the students. Buuuuut I definitely recognized the person who Facebook says created the c/o 2021 page as a current student who was at my interview, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Will probably be something to ask about next month when they host the first online chat.
Where did you find the information about the online chat? I didn't receive anything about that. I've been waiting on the fb page to open as well.​

Where did you find the information about the online chat? I didn't receive anything about that. I've been waiting on the fb page to open as well.​
It was emailed to me on January 16. It says:
<NAME>, We know you have questions.

Here's your chance to get them answered online. Join one or all of the upcoming events to talk to members of our staff and the current student body about your future school and campus. Information on registering for the online chats will follow in a future email.
Then it lists dates and times. The first one is February 22, 4pm-6pm MST.

It was emailed to me on January 16. It says:

Then it lists dates and times. The first one is February 22, 4pm-6pm MST.
Thank you for sharing! I'll give them a call tomorrow to add me on the email list so I can receive the information.

Last edited:
One of the local news stations in Denver shared this on Facebook earlier today. Thought I would share it here for those of you coming from out of state and looking for a place to rent.

27747632_10155587713643271_8313331043181942498_o.jpg

P.S. Sorry for the giant image, am on iPad and can’t resize.