University of Colorado- Skaggs SOP (2018)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

K1123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread yet, so here it is.

Anyone applying for early decision? Regular admission?

Any thoughts on the school and the pharmacy program?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who is applying for early decision hear anythinga about interviews yet?

Thanks!

I applied for early decision, and have not heard yet. I read that they inform you mid-late Sept and the tentative interview dates are Oct 4th or Oct 11th for early decision. We should be hearing soon!!

Hi guys. I just got an email for interview for early decision. The dates are Oct 4th and 11th. Hope to see you there!

I received an invite for an early decision interview today also! Good Luck!

I'll be applying here for regular admission. Good luck to those who will be interviewing for ED! Please don't forget to update us on the interview process!

I applied here for reg. decision. I was invited for an interview a few days ago for Oct. 18th!

Good luck everyone :)

Congrats to those who got interview invites. I'll be submitting my application in about a week or so. Anyone mind sharing stats?

2013 Graduate here. Shoot some questions my way through this thread or through PM if you have questions about curriculum, rotations, transition to new state etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
2013 Graduate here. Shoot some questions my way through this thread or through PM if you have questions about curriculum, rotations, transition to new state etc.

PM sent. Thanks for offering to help! :)

You guys can ask your questions in this thread so I don't have to keep answering the same questions with copy paste. lol.

Sorry! :D I didn't want to commandeer the thread and fill it with a deluge questions that may not be relevant to other applicants. :laugh: I'll post future questions here. :)

Two more days until interview. So nervous that I had to come on here and post gibberish, lol. I really hope it doesn't rain. I'm wondering how many of us will be there since it's only for ed.

GoldenBoy, just curious.. did you do an international rotation? If so, where? Did you get your first choice? How competitive is it to go international? Did tuition cover travel expenses?

I'm interested in the international rotation also. I studied abroad in my undergrad and would love the opportunity to go abroad again.

Goldenboy: if you didn't do an international rotation, which was your favorite rotation? Which rotations are generally most popular?

Two more days until interview. So nervous that I had to come on here and post gibberish, lol. I really hope it doesn't rain. I'm wondering how many of us will be there since it's only for ed.

GoldenBoy, just curious.. did you do an international rotation? If so, where? Did you get your first choice? How competitive is it to go international? Did tuition cover travel expenses?

I think international rotations are pretty highly sought after due to the lure of being able to practice and enjoy your rotation in a new environment. I know tuition does not cover travel expenses and probably does not cover living expenses there. A great question to ask during interview day!

I'm interested in the international rotation also. I studied abroad in my undergrad and would love the opportunity to go abroad again.

Goldenboy: if you didn't do an international rotation, which was your favorite rotation? Which rotations are generally most popular?

My favorite rotation was my traditional community pharmacy rotation in Apothecare at Centura Porter Hospital. Preceptor was great at showing me different aspects of her pharmacy. Travel vaccinations, hospice patients, discharge meds, flu clinics in addition to the regular outpatient pharmacy. I also enjoyed my clinical rotation at UCH with my faculty preceptor.

Good luck to everyone who has interviews Friday. Be yourself and ask questions!! It's a long day but worth it (I had my interview last Friday).

Not yet for me! Early decision should find out today or tomorrow.

did you interview on the 4th? I was the tall Asian girl lol, I'm a regular applicant and anxiously waiting!:cool:

Yep I did! I remember you, I was the one with blonde curly hair.

Are you the Norwegian gal? :) I'm sure you ll get in!!! I don't know how long i have to wait....

I remember both of you.. one complimented the other on their eyes. I'm sure both of you will get in. I haven't heard anything yet, either.

D, did you hear from your other schools yet? Which one is your top choice so far?

oos and who were you?? :) at least I'm glad we were memorable haha! yea man, the wait is going to take forever, I wish I was an early decision applicant, then I'll know by tomorrow! sighs! Colorado is one of my top choice! The other one is UOP in CA :)

Let's see, how will you remember me.. I'm the one with the mixed babies.

Maybe you might hear tomorrow anyway. Fingers crossed. :)

haha! i think if you told me what you look like, i ll remember! :) but that would be awesome to know but since i m regular decision, probably til Nov! it just seems so dead in this forum, hopefully people will start posting acceptances tomorrow! good luck to you! you early decision?

I got my e-mail for early decision. I interviewed on Oct 13. Good luck to everyone and the future interviewers! See you in 2014 :)

Congrats! I'm in too!! :D I'm excited, I didn't think I was going to make it. I interviewed on Oct 4 for early decision. Best of luck to everyone!

I just interviewed on 10/18 for regular decision. Did anyone hear anything about when we'll get a response? =)

Congrats to those accepted!

Also just interviewed on 10/18 and waiting anxiously.

The timeline they gave us was a range from a couple of weeks til the first week of April.

Received an email confirmation for the completion of my application review today.
Hours later, received an interview invite for the dates Nov 1, 8, 15 all Fridays.

Last edited:
I got an email with an invitation for an interview last night! I actually had to do the Oral Proficiency Interview (kind of pointless in my situation) just the morning before. I reserved a spot for the 15th, anyone else?

Just got an e-mail from them a few minutes ago. I wish I could make the November 8th date, but I have an exam that day and the professor doesn't give makeup exams for any reason. I'll be there on November 15th though :)

Yeah, I can't do the 8th either since I can't makeup tests in my anatomy class. I'll see you on the 15th then! :)

Sounds great! You should book your flights now. I live in Reno, Nevada and my round trip flight only cost $271.80 with Southwest. That's nothing compared to the almost $800 I'm spending for flying to Chicago next week :p
Haha, that's like exactly what I paid! I'm coming from Phoenix though and I'll be flying with Spirit.

Is there no supplemental essay on the University of Colorado Skaggs application? I just completed the form with the demographics and criminal background questions and now its already directing me to the pay site! Any ideas from people who have already completed the supplemental? :)

I don't recall having to do an essay.
Really? Because that would be a huge load off my chest with all the other essays I have to do! Im just worried about forking over my money and not having everything complete. Haha!

Really? Because that would be a huge load off my chest with all the other essays I have to do! Im just worried about forking over my money and not having everything complete. Haha!

Yep, no essay. Just fork over your credit card, answer some background questions and you're done.

I called them the other day and they informed me that there was no essay (aside from the PHARMCAS personal statement). So you're fine!! =)

Hey everyone! Does anyone know if UC Denver SOP lets very many out of staters in? I'm from Orlando, FL, but I want to move to CO so badly. I've applied at Regis and UCDenver.

Hey everyone! Does anyone know if UC Denver SOP lets very many out of staters in? I'm from Orlando, FL, but I want to move to CO so badly. I've applied at Regis and UCDenver.

http://pharmacy-schools.findthebest.com/l/12/University-of-Colorado-at-Boulder-CU
http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/472

Don't mind the fact that it says Boulder, it's actually CU Denver. It looks like they have a pretty high amount of out of state admits. But if you look at the PharmCAS stats, it's a 50/50 split in the amount of seats they have.

http://pharmacy-schools.findthebest.com/l/12/University-of-Colorado-at-Boulder-CU
http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/472

Don't mind the fact that it says Boulder, it's actually CU Denver. It looks like they have a pretty high amount of out of state admits. But if you look at the PharmCAS stats, it's a 50/50 split in the amount of seats they have.

Thank you for the links! I thought I had read somewhere on their site once that they give preference to in state students.

Does anyone know how the area around the campus is? I've heard mixed things about it. o_O

Thank you for the links! I thought I had read somewhere on their site once that they give preference to in state students.

Does anyone know how the area around the campus is? I've heard mixed things about it. o_O

I live in Denver, right next to the edge of Aurora. The Anschutz Medical Campus is located in Aurora (not Denver or Boulder) and is a beautiful and new campus. There are several new residences surrounding the campus, which are pretty safe/nice. Aurora in general though does have some rather "rougher" parts-- but I seriously do not think that it is an issue AT ALL near the campus. I go to that area alone all the time (I'm a white female) and I have never once felt unsafe. The campus is also located in the more Southern part of Aurora, which is very close to some beautiful areas in south Denver. Places like Cherry Hills and Greenwood Village are a short drive away, and all of those neighborhoods are VERY nice and safe.

Overall, as a Colorado resident, I do not feel like that campus is in a bad part of town. It's really kind of it's own little area! I would say don't worry about it! :)