University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
HAS ANYONE BEEN REJECTED after an interview?!?!

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to you guys on the waitlist, I am sure some spots will free up!

Hey Benelli,

Have you begun looking into housing? Do you know which apartment complexes are close to the campus and moderately priced? I'm looking for a 1-Br or studio apartment. The only two complexes the P1s talked about during interview were the 21 Fitz (might be too pricey) and Copperflats.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Benelli,

Have you begun looking into housing? Do you know which apartment complexes are close to the campus and moderately priced? I'm looking for a 1-Br or studio apartment. The only two complexes the P1s talked about during interview were the 21 Fitz (might be too pricey) and Copperflats.

Do you not still have that document that CU sent out during interview scheduling that had 20+ apartment complexes information? If not and you have your e-value login information it is on there!

congrats!!! were you waitlisted originally or are they just getting back to you now?

They just got back to me now. I emailed Beverly this morning because I hadn't heard anything regarding my status. She emailed me back with the acceptance email. Kinda weird.

They just got back to me now. I emailed Beverly this morning because I hadn't heard anything regarding my status. She emailed me back with the acceptance email. Kinda weird.

Oh wow, what luck! Will you be accepting the offer?

for those who have rejected the acceptance, do you know how long it takes for them to receive the rejection and then reopen that seat? i heard you have to physically send something in writing?? just wanna know so i can get a feel for when waitlisters could possibly hear something

On the E value site are you guys able to view the textbooks and equipment lin or even log into the forums?

for those who have rejected the acceptance, do you know how long it takes for them to receive the rejection and then reopen that seat? i heard you have to physically send something in writing?? just wanna know so i can get a feel for when waitlisters could possibly hear something

We are supposed to mail a decline letter, and if we dont do so in a timely matter they'll call and ask, then request we send an official statement via email. This is what they did for me atleast. they called about 3-4 weeks after my acceptance, but i dont know how long itll take for them to move the seat over.

Do you not still have that document that CU sent out during interview scheduling that had 20+ apartment complexes information? If not and you have your e-value login information it is on there!

Hmm...I just tried logging onto the e-value site and it keeps giving me the "invalid or inactive site" error message. I've been able to log in before...so I'm not sure what happened. Has anybody else received this error?

Hey Angiotensin I too have been receiving the same error message. I was able to log on before, but not within the past week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think 21 fitzsimmons has some space opening up, I just got my lease taken care of this week and it sounded like a good place to look at. Also, check out the facebook page for UC-Denver, I think there are people looking for roommates.

I think 21 fitzsimmons has some space opening up, I just got my lease taken care of this week and it sounded like a good place to look at. Also, check out the facebook page for UC-Denver, I think there are people looking for roommates.

Are you living at 21 Fitzsimons?! If so, me too! Maybe we will be neighbors!

Cool man! Just in time for pool weather! I hope it will be open, I guess they are doing some construction right now. I have no clue what I am gonna do for 6 weeks. Probably spend a lot of time in the gym and do some review reading. *Starts holding breath*

Has anyone been accepted off of the waitlist yet?

I just got accepted into UT so I will most likely 99% be attending there.. as a result my spot should be available sometime within the next 2 weeks. Good luck to all the waitlisters!

I am also going to be giving up my spot at CU to attend another school. Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back!

I just got accepted into UT so I will most likely 99% be attending there.. as a result my spot should be available sometime within the next 2 weeks. Good luck to all the waitlisters!
U of Utah. were you originally on the waitlist? if so, what was your number if I may ask.

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the financial aid package?

If you get accepted elsewhere, I'd go there. I just finished at this place and wouldn't recommend it at all. The administration is terrible and obviously doesn't care about students failing, or treating them with respect or dignity. 5-10% of students fail each semester and appeals are worthless. I really wish I had held out and gone elsewhere, but this was the first place I was accepted to, so I jumped on it. For those of you crazy enough to go here, haha, good luck. You'll be in total agreement with me come December.

I know someone who was pulled off the wait list yesterday.

Did they send in their updated information (transcript, PCAT, etc.) and were pulled off the waitlist? And if so, how long did it take (from the time they sent their updated info to them receiving an invitation)? Thanks!

Did they send in their updated information (transcript, PCAT, etc.) and were pulled off the waitlist? And if so, how long did it take (from the time they sent their updated info to them receiving an invitation)? Thanks!

I'm not sure if they sent if their updated information. I didn't and
I received a phone call yesterday asking if I was still interested in remaining on the waitlist, because I was near the top. If a spot opened they wanted to know if I was still interested. I declined due to accepting at a different school already. Good luck!

I'm not sure if they sent if their updated information. I didn't and
I received a phone call yesterday asking if I was still interested in remaining on the waitlist, because I was near the top. If a spot opened they wanted to know if I was still interested. I declined due to accepting at a different school already. Good luck!

I thought they said that the waitlist wasn't ranked? :confused:

If you get accepted elsewhere, I'd go there. I just finished at this place and wouldn't recommend it at all. The administration is terrible and obviously doesn't care about students failing, or treating them with respect or dignity. 5-10% of students fail each semester and appeals are worthless. I really wish I had held out and gone elsewhere, but this was the first place I was accepted to, so I jumped on it. For those of you crazy enough to go here, haha, good luck. You'll be in total agreement with me come December.

I love how your main motivation for not liking the place is that some students fail..... and how you look at that as a bad thing. The administration knows what knowledge needs to be had to be a successful pharmacist since most of them are practitioners themselves. As professional level teachers, it is their duty to make sure every student is competent enough to practice pharmacy and protect the safety of the patients they will be dealing with. I know that I sure would not want a pharmacist who could not pass a class.... would you? Unless you are one of those that failed, I could see your bitterness. I thought the classes were very challenging but prepared me very well for what I am doing now.

For all you future students looking at going to UC-Denver, take this bit of knowledge as reassurance that the expectations are high, but in the same sense you will be coming out well prepared.

You're a bit short sighted in your view. Do you really want your pharmacist to come from a program where all you have to do is pay tuition to get a degree?

As a CU grad, I can attest that the program left me well prepared for residency training. Certainly I didn't enjoy or agree with every part of the program, but the complete package is successful.

Got in off the wait list for CU School of Medicine, so I will be giving up my spot to some lucky and deserving individual. GO CU!!!! See you guys in some of the shared classes. By the by, I think I know AZpharmd2b, and he is just trying to scare you. If he can make it to rotations, anyone can.

Hey! Congrats to everyone that got in.
Now it's onto living affairs~!
Anyone looking for a roommate?
I'm currently in California but will be in Colorado after July 4th.
I am an incoming P1 looking for a place near to live near campus (20 minutes or closer) and will be able to move in after July 4th.
If you're interested or would like more info please just drop me off an IM Thanks. :)

Hello Everyone! Please to meet you all. My name is Richard C. and I have been accepted into the Fall 2011 program for UC Denver SOP. I am looking for roommates!! I haven't found a place yet, but I will be in Colorado by mid-July. Probably going to spend few days just finding a place nearby campus. I am originally from Los Angeles, CA. Anyone interested in being my potential roommate(s)?

I have roommates now while living near UC Merced. I usually keep common areas fairly clean and try to respect my roommate's needs, background, religious values, etc. My room however can get chaotic with my own things dispersed everywhere, but that shouldn't matter anyway since I'll be the only person really to utilize that room. I am a pretty open chill kind of guy looking for the same. Male or female doesnt matter to me really. If you guys got Facebook, message me here so we can meet via FB and start getting to know each other. I was initially planning on getting a 1 bedroom or studio, but I do enjoy the company of others. So I'll be looking for a 2bd/2bath or 3bd/2bath type of place.

About me:
25 yrs old, male, Buddhist, born and raised in Los Angeles. I do like to hit the gym fairly often. I love animals and anything that helps me do my part to protect the environment. I do not have any pets with me nor am I planning on taking my pet back home with me. But you can bring your pet(s), its totally cool with me. I really believe in the saying that 'you must be the change you wish to see in this world' by Mahatma Gandhi. I do have several years of experience as a pharm tech, hospital and retail settings. I am fairly patient, reliable, responsible, and trustworthy person. Spent an entire summer living and working in Yosemite National Park.

You: drama free, male/female/whatever, responsible, dependable, trustworthy, stays fairly clean/neat/etc, respectful of other's needs/views/background/etc. Willing to maintain open lines of communication from now through to 1st day of class (meaning that when I send you a msg, I can expect a reply in 24-48 hrs, not 1-2+ weeks). Also, permanently set on attending UC Denver SOP and not just waiting for your primarily choice to open up then ditch out (I guess this falls under the reliable criteria? =p )

Hmm... not sure what else to say...if you're curious, just ask me. Thanks for reading! See you guys soon! :clap:

Last edited:
hey,
we are looking for a fourth roomate for our house! its currently a p1, a p2 and a p3. its 2 females and one male and looking for a fourth to fill our last room. rent is 525 w a room and bathroom- house located on stout and 27th. great location- about 20 mins from school, close to downtown and great shops, coffee spots nearby!
if you have any questions or are interested email me ! we are moving in Aug 1 !
[email protected]
thanks!

Got accepted and turned down Colorado. Just posted so anyone watching knows there is movement on the waitlist.

Just got pulled off the waitlist today!! WOOHOOOOo!! See everyone in 2 weeks!! **rushes frantically to find housing/pack/get paperwork done** SO EXCITED!!! <insert 5 million emoticons>.

Just got pulled off the waitlist today!! WOOHOOOOo!! See everyone in 2 weeks!! **rushes frantically to find housing/pack/get paperwork done** SO EXCITED!!! <insert 5 million emoticons>.

Congratulations!

Has anyone applied from a community college? What was ure gpa??

Hello and congrats to everyone who got into UCD for pharm!! I am hoping to attend pharm school in the future and UCD has to be my favorite option.

I'm wondering what the accepted people needed to do in order to get in. I know what the requirements are for UCD - do these absolutely NEED to be fulfilled by everyone in order to be admitted? What courses did you take? What was important in getting accepted? I know they say you need 8 credits of anatomy& physiology, but the lecture at my school is 3 credits and the lab is 4 credits for a total of only 7 credits! Is that a problem?!

My GPA is okay, but I have one more year of undergrad and I'm struggling to see how I'm gonna finish with the requirements in time!!!!! I still have no anatomy&physiology, I have no public speaking yet, and no microecon. Everything else I have finished.

Thank you SO MUCH for any help. Feel free to send me a message or post onto here. I would appreciate it infinitely. :)

Does anyone want to buy my drug cards? I am a P4 and have a set...Please let me know!

Do you guys know where we can call to find out to see if our courses will be accepted?

Anyone applying this year? I didn't see a thread for class of 2016. Is the supplemental application really that simple? There doesn't seem to be any essay questions or a sheet to fill out prerequisite courses. I'm afraid I might be missing something :scared:

Anyone applying this year? I didn't see a thread for class of 2016. Is the supplemental application really that simple? There doesn't seem to be any essay questions or a sheet to fill out prerequisite courses. I'm afraid I might be missing something :scared:
Yes, the supplemental application is that simple.

Has anyone received an interview invite yet?

Just starting a thread for you 2015ers. I am a P2 student at UC Denver. Please feel free to ask any questions on the thread or by message.

I participated in the group interactions today and enjoyed speaking to all the interviewees. I wish you guys all the best of luck and look forward to seeing you next year!

What do you think about the curriculum so far? I would assume you are a P3 now right?