University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was just wondering if anybody here had any info about the essay we write during the interview? I'm interviewing tomorrow so i was just wondering :D good luck to everyone else interviewing tomorrow too!
Don't sweat over the essay! It's not a daunting task by any means.

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering if anybody here had any info about the essay we write during the interview? I'm interviewing tomorrow so i was just wondering :D good luck to everyone else interviewing tomorrow too!

Hello! Not sure if we're allowed to tell specifics, but what I would say is that you really can't prepare for it at all! So there really is no need to worry about that section, in my opinion. For me, it was definitely the most relaxed part of the whole day!

Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!!! I'm crossing my fingers for me as well!! I really hope I find out sooner than later...however, I know notifications can take months (my poor nerves...)

Hopefully there isn't too much of a delay, since our group was around 14 I think.
Only 14? Wow. I don't know how people were at my interview date, but it seems like there were more than that.

I just have to wonder how many people they've accepted already...

Only 14? Wow. I don't know how people were at my interview date, but it seems like there were more than that.

I just have to wonder how many people they've accepted already...

For my sake, I hope not that many! I think there have been 3 interview dates so far?

Yeah it was pretty personal. If one of us was missing from the group, they'd be like "oh so and so from Arizona is missing!" haha

For my sake, I hope not that many! I think there have been 3 interview dates so far?

Yeah it was pretty personal. If one of us was missing from the group, they'd be like "oh so and so from Arizona is missing!" haha
I believe 11/4 will be the 5th interview date. The interviews started Oct 7th.

I couldn't imagine interviewing this early and not hearing back until April. I was lucky in that I wasn't expecting a response in 10 days, and there it was one Monday morning in my email inbox!

Last edited:
It seems like they give decisions on Mondays? If so, I have 3 more painful days to wait!

BTW, did anyone on this thread go to the October 28th interview? I thought all the other applicants were AWESOME :)

I was there! I was one of the Asian girls from California. I was in the 1st tour. Which one were you?

I agree, we were all pretty close. I had taken a taxi to the school and one of the other applicants gave me a ride back to my hotel :D

I was there! I was one of the Asian girls from California. I was in the 1st tour. Which one were you?

I agree, we were all pretty close. I had taken a taxi to the school and one of the other applicants gave me a ride back to my hotel :D

HAHA I was the other Asian girl from California!! :) How are you? Have you heard from other schools yet??

Congrats to those of you who interviewed today! I met some excellent candidates on the tour and wish you the best of luck during the rest of your application process. :)

HAHA I was the other Asian girl from California!! :) How are you? Have you heard from other schools yet??

Hi! I remember you! I've only done 2 interviews so far and both said they'll let us know at the end of November. Hopefully the Colorado rumor is true and we'll hear something this monday :xf:. I hope we all get in! I really enjoyed our entire interview group :)

Hi! I remember you! I've only done 2 interviews so far and both said they'll let us know at the end of November. Hopefully the Colorado rumor is true and we'll hear something this monday :xf:. I hope we all get in! I really enjoyed our entire interview group :)

Too bad we didn't get to talk more since our groups got split up so early! But yes, I thought everyone was really nice (interviewees and current students!) I'll be crossing my fingers for the both of us! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just scheduled my interview for 11/18:)!! I am coming from OK and very excited!

Hey guys, just had my interview about a week ago on October 28th! Hoping to hear back from them in the next few weeks...

Hey guys, just had my interview about a week ago on October 28th! Hoping to hear back from them in the next few weeks...

I'm sure they said this during your interview too, but on Friday, they told us they would only send out acceptances to those candidates that were superb before the Dec 1 deadline. Good luck!

I'm sure they said this during your interview too, but on Friday, they told us they would only send out acceptances to those candidates that were superb before the Dec 1 deadline. Good luck!

Hey I interviewed here 11/4 too!! Were you with the second interview group?

We were told that most of would find out within a few weeks but I wouldn't be surprised if it took longer like you are saying. So I am certainly hoping to find out soon! Hope your interview went well!

Yup. I was the tall Asian girl from UCLA. heh.

Yay for UCLA. We have 3 UCLA graduates in the 2013 class. Anyways hope everything went well in the interview process and feel free to shoot more pharmacy or non-pharmacy questions our way. The transition to living in Colorado can be quite interesting for a Californian.

twester,

They told us that Denver and Colorado are pretty saturated markets, but that there are a lot of other options if you plan to live somewhere else when you're done with school. Are you still living in Denver and what companies did you apply to work for?

At least they're being partially honest. The whole country is saturated. We should be closing pharmacy schools, not opening new ones.

Any 10/28-ers with news?? This wait is killer, seriously. And I guess my Monday theory about decisions is no longer valid! (well, at least for me!)

Yup. I was the tall Asian girl from UCLA. heh.

im from UCLA too! what year are you

Any 10/28-ers with news?? This wait is killer, seriously. And I guess my Monday theory about decisions is no longer valid! (well, at least for me!)

another 10/28-er here. no news as well. maybe next week?!? haha....

another 10/28-er here. no news as well. maybe next week?!? haha....[/QUOTE]

phew, glad it's just not me haha. Hopefully good news for us soon!

I was a 28ther too... no news yet for me either! Ha I think I was being unrealistic in my expectations of hearing monday.

the school just received my PCAT scores today. Anyone know about how long they take to review the application before they grant an interview?

I was a 28ther too... no news yet for me either! Ha I think I was being unrealistic in my expectations of hearing monday.

I really wouldn't be this antsy if I didn't know that people had heard back in a week!! I know they told us a month, so I'll just believe that for now! Sucks being unrealistic, huh? haha.

By the way, what was your name and where were you from?

the school just received my PCAT scores today. Anyone know about how long they take to review the application before they grant an interview?

They received my pharmcas on a Monday morning and I got the interview invite the same day (evening). But maybe that was when they were less busy. Good luck to you!

Hi all, I submitted my application through PharmCAS last Friday 11/4. Does anyone know how long it typically takes for UCDenver to receive the application from PharmCAS? I'm just so excited, I can hardly wait! This is the only school that I'm applying for so I'm crossing my fingers that I get accepted!

Here are my stats:
PCAT cumulative: 94
GPA cumulative: 3.5
bachelor's in Veterinary Science (I changed career paths obviously:))
Colorado resident

Hi all, I submitted my application through PharmCAS last Friday 11/4. Does anyone know how long it typically takes for UCDenver to receive the application from PharmCAS? I'm just so excited, I can hardly wait! This is the only school that I'm applying for so I'm crossing my fingers that I get accepted!

Here are my stats:
PCAT cumulative: 94
GPA cumulative: 3.5
bachelor's in Veterinary Science (I changed career paths obviously:))
Colorado resident

Hi! Well when I turned in my pharmcas app in during October, it took around 2 weeks for them to verify my gpa and send it out. After that, the school lets you know that they received it. I'm not sure how busy pharmcas is right now considering they're probably getting a lot of apps as it's close to some deadlines. You can fill out the supplemental right now if you want also (super easy, just couple of fill-ins with the money of course!)

Just curious, is there a reason why you didn't decide to do early decision? Anyways, I hope you hear from them soon and GOOD LUCK!!

My name is Trevor, I was one of the 3 people from Colorado.. You?

I have a question for those already admitted. Was Colorado lenient with any of their pre-reqs?

The reason I ask is my school doesn't offer Anatomy and Physiology labs, and I won't have a chance to take them before next fall. I got invited to an interview, but I'm not sure if I want to travel all the way out there (from Virginia) just to get held back by two pre-reqs.

I have a question for those already admitted. Was Colorado lenient with any of their pre-reqs?

The reason I ask is my school doesn't offer Anatomy and Physiology labs, and I won't have a chance to take them before next fall. I got invited to an interview, but I'm not sure if I want to travel all the way out there (from Virginia) just to get held back by two pre-reqs.
This is direct from the Frequently Asked Questions on the school's website:

"My school does not offer one of your prerequisite courses. Do I have to still take it? Yes. You may need to enroll as a non-degree-seeking student at another institution to complete the requirement"

Hi! Well when I turned in my pharmcas app in during October, it took around 2 weeks for them to verify my gpa and send it out. After that, the school lets you know that they received it. I'm not sure how busy pharmcas is right now considering they're probably getting a lot of apps as it's close to some deadlines. You can fill out the supplemental right now if you want also (super easy, just couple of fill-ins with the money of course!)

Just curious, is there a reason why you didn't decide to do early decision? Anyways, I hope you hear from them soon and GOOD LUCK!!

I couldn't do early decision because my degree was in Veterinary Science so I didn't have the Human A&P ( I had only taken animal A&P) so I had to take that as a pre-req this fall. I'm pretty disappointed that I couldn't do early decision as this is the only school that I'm applying for and the only one that I want to go to... but hopefully I'll still have a chance at normal admission.

Just received an interview invite, will be visiting this Friday!

Got an interview Date! I chose December 2nd. Is this school on a rolling basis? Also what kind of essay questions do they ask at the interview? Good luck to those interview!

Congrats to everyone that got interviews! For the essay, I wouldn't sweat it. I believe they change it for each interview date, but for me it was basically just reading an article, answering some questions about it and a short essay taking a position on the article. I was late to the essay because my interview ran long and I was still able to finish without a problem. There really is no way to prepare for it, so don't worry about it, you'll do great!

Congrats to everyone that got interviews! For the essay, I wouldn't sweat it. I believe they change it for each interview date, but for me it was basically just reading an article, answering some questions about it and a short essay taking a position on the article. I was late to the essay because my interview ran long and I was still able to finish without a problem. There really is no way to prepare for it, so don't worry about it, you'll do great!

Thanks! How did you prepare for the interview process? Did you just use the feedback forum? This is my first interview for pharmacy schools so I'm really nervous lol

Thanks! How did you prepare for the interview process? Did you just use the feedback forum? This is my first interview for pharmacy schools so I'm really nervous lol

Yeah, thats literally all I did. To be honest I felt really unprepared for the interview, but the whole day ended up being pretty painless. Good luck!

This is direct from the Frequently Asked Questions on the school's website:

"My school does not offer one of your prerequisite courses. Do I have to still take it? Yes. You may need to enroll as a non-degree-seeking student at another institution to complete the requirement"

Thanks, I know how to read FAQs.

My question should have read "has anyone experienced Colorado being lenient on any of their pre-reqs, particularly lab classes?" They seem to have more pre-reqs compared to other schools, which is very difficult for someone with a full time job to complete.

My question should have read "has anyone experienced Colorado being lenient on any of their pre-reqs, particularly lab classes?" They seem to have more pre-reqs compared to other schools, which is very difficult for someone with a full time job to complete.
I apologize if I came off in a rash manner. It wasn't my intention.

I would contact the school directly. I know this doesn't pertain to lab classes, but I took a biology course that was listed in my school's course catalog as writing intensive (had an extremely long research paper we had to write). The course is also accepted by other programs in place of english composition, yet I will still have to complete the english composition (english 2) prereq.

Again, I know this probably doesn't help your situation. However, I do believe it demonstrates the school's strictness on the completion of prereqs.

My name is Trevor, I was one of the 3 people from Colorado.. You?

Hey, I was Kristie...one of the girls from CA.

Well 28th-ers, almost the two week mark and still waiting!

I was in your same position. I have taken microbiology but not the lab and have been working at NIH for the past 3 year in the lab of molecular microbiology. When I talked to them they said they needed a grade regardless... I don't know if they make many exceptions. I understand where you are coming from since I have a full time job too.

Yes, but you only have to fill in basic information. There is no essay. The supplemental application fee cost $50.

Hey! I had an interview to UC Colorado on the 14th as well. My name is Lana. Did we meet? Lol and did you get in?

Do you mind elaborating?

Well, getting use to the weather mainly. I never driven in snow/icey roads before I moved to Colorado. Also silly stuff that some people fail to mention to me like leaving your heat on and your sink cabinets open so your pipes don't freeze and burst flooding your apartment =). Does not happen to anyone but it's the story I tell all Californians when they come to our school.