University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks all for the encouragments and kind words!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I am looking to apply to UCD for 2013 - 2014… I recently interviewed and didn't get accepted at ISU. :( Apparently having relatives that graduated or currently attending is really what they are looking for DESPITE experience, GPA, age…. or any other well-deserving factor.

I was just curious what you interview process was like? At ISU we had 5, approximately 10 minute interviews with different faculty. Two were situational with one having do to with an ethical dilemma with a pharmacist. One was "why do you want to be a pharmacist, why ISU, and please explain your experience, if any, and how it relates to your desire to become a pharmacist." The last one, you went in with another interviewee and sat back to back and told the other how to draw certain images, for example a train, using only rectangles/squares/circles… etc. Then you leave, and you re-enter 4 minutes later with another interviewee and they tell you how to draw a different list of images. :annoyed:

Ridiculous. :eek:

Basically, we walked up, had two minutes to read the instructions and then they rang a bell, which you then enter and you have approximately 11 minutes to answer the question. After, they ring the bell and you must stop talking and leave and the interviewer has 2 minutes to write any comments about you.

Of course there was group interviews, but it was pretty standard to what I was expecting. Did any of you experience this "speed dating style" interview?? :shrug:

I'd appreciate any advice any of you could give because I am now just working towards graduating. I will take my PCAT this summer, along with applying to other pharmacy schools!

Look forward to your responses! :help:

I just withdrew my seat from uc. Hope one of you guys get it. Wish you all the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email that said I am wait listed. I interviewed way back on Dec 2nd. This gives me some slight hop. Good luck everybody

I also got wait listed.

waitlisted here too.
well I was sad too. I got an email today said that I was waitlisted too. wondering how many people out there that are waitlisted as well? seem like chance to get in pretty small

yeah, the application process for Colorado seems to be a drag. The wait from interview day to April just to let you know you're on a waitlist and the fact that their waitlist isn't even ranked.

yeah, the application process for Colorado seems to be a drag. The wait from interview day to April just to let you know you're on a waitlist and the fact that their waitlist isn't even ranked.

Yeah I agree. It just kind of makes it seem like a rejection letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted. I interview in early March.

Last edited:
Anyone know if we all get the same waitlist email or do they write each one individually?

waitlisted as well and notified by mail.... kind of a drag I interviewd back Dec 2nd

Anyone know if we all get the same waitlist email or do they write each one individually?

I received a generic email stating "Dear Candidate:"

withdrew my acceptance in favor of another program in my home state. Good luck to the rest of you!

For those that have been accepted and planning to attend, any new info received from the school? Havent heard from them since I got the student ID email.

Also, does anyone have recommendations on certain areas near by to live or areas to avoid?

Edit: declined acceptance. Good luck to everyone else

Last edited:
For those that have been accepted and planning to attend, any new info received from the school? Havent heard from them since I got the student ID email.

Also, does anyone have recommendations on certain areas near by to live or areas to avoid?

I also have only received the student ID along with an email saying that they were setting up an e-value account.

The areas west of I-225 tend to be more dumpy and more crime associated as compared to the east side of I-225. However, if cost is a major deciding factor go with west of I-225, if safety/security is a greater factor then east would be the way to go. There is much better shopping with malls and a military base east of I-225.

I haven't received anything either...

Has anyone's e-value account been set up yet? I got the ID email in January and it said our account would be set up in a few weeks, but I haven't heard anything yet. Also came across this site for setting up our email: http://hslibraryguides.ucdenver.edu/content.php?pid=123743&sid=1101290. Anyone know if we're supposed to set up our own emails or are we supposed to wait until further notice?? Don't have fb, so not quite sure what other students have been receiving :) Thanks!

Has anyone's e-value account been set up yet? I got the ID email in January and it said our account would be set up in a few weeks, but I haven't heard anything yet. Also came across this site for setting up our email: http://hslibraryguides.ucdenver.edu/content.php?pid=123743&sid=1101290. Anyone know if we're supposed to set up our own emails or are we supposed to wait until further notice?? Don't have fb, so not quite sure what other students have been receiving :) Thanks!

I haven't heard anything yet about the e-value account setup. I did already receive an email about how to set up my CU email account. I was accepted back in December and received the setup email in February. If you were accepted fairly recently it may just take them a while to get you processed.

I haven't heard anything yet about the e-value account setup. I did already receive an email about how to set up my CU email account. I was accepted back in December and received the setup email in February. If you were accepted fairly recently it may just take them a while to get you processed.

Thank you for your response! I was accepted back in December also, so I'm not sure why I didn't receive the email.

Also, have you finished all your prerequisites already? I'm thinking that it might be because I still have a course left in progress and my acceptance is still "conditional".

Also, have you finished all your prerequisites already? I'm thinking that it might be because I still have a course left in progress and my acceptance is still "conditional".

Yeah all of my pre-reqs were done by the time I applied. I would just give the school a call to make sure that they didn't forget to assign you an e-mail account.

seems like the waiting list isn't moving along. anyone got pulled from the list yet?

Yeah looks like they didn't want to reject anyone so they created a waiting list. Seems like forever !!!

I know some people that got waitlisted and I am really unsure why (they had great stats). Just stay positive; spots tend to free up.

Hey, all!

I've been accepted since November 2011, so I will be in the incoming class graduating in 2016! I moved to Aurora and signed a lease but have recently found other living arrangements. I'm searching for someone else to take over my lease. The townhouse is located in a gated community 2 miles from campus, east of I-225. Washer/dryer included, hardwood floors, huge kitchen, attached garage, and much more. It has a great, affordable rent for those of us who are living on a college student budget! I know school doesn't start until August, but if you are interested in jumping the gun and finding a great place to live in Aurora, please send me an email to [email protected] or [email protected]. I check both emails multiple times daily and will respond quickly! Thanks!

Hi everyone.
Congratulations on getting accepted to CU pharmacy School. I have a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 1 covered parking condo near I-25 and Hampden in a quite neighborhood aproximately 10miles away from school. Am asking for one year lease one month deposit, no pets.. great place for studying. If intersted please send me a message.
Good luck in the upcoming Fall :))))))

I was just offered admission, but I declined because I am going to my first-choice school :). It seems like a great program. Good luck to whoever takes my spot!

Hello everybody! Congrats on getting accepted into the school of pharmacy. I'm a P2 currently looking for someone to share an apartment with. If you're interested please contact me at [email protected] or [email protected]. Thanks!

Hi everyone
I'm currently taking the prerequisites for the pharmacy program and I was wondering what are the statistical requirements for CU Denver? Also can someone who has already gotten accepted tell me what their GPA/PCAT/Experiences were?
Another question is that I'm currently a Metro student and was wondering if CU has a preference between Metro and CU students? I know that they're both on the same campus and Metro is starting to be a university starting next month, but would it be better if I transfer to CU Denver and finish my pre-reqs there as oppose to Metro?? Thanks everyone and congrats on all who have been accepted!!

How long does it take to gain residency in CO for instate tuition?

Last edited:
How long does it take to gain residency in CO for instate tuition?

After your first year of classes you'll be considered in-state and your tuition will drop to colorado resident prices for your P2, P3, and P4 years.

Has anyone else taken the physiology or biochemistry competency exams they sent to entering P1 students? The ones we're expected to score 80% or higher on before we start?

I've only attempted the physiology one but JEEZ was it humbling. I should say that I took physiology last year, at CU, and got an A, not to mention a 99 on the bio section of the PCAT. Yet there was still material on there that was either so specific I could hardly remember or that I had simply seen before.

I took the physiology one first because it was supposed to be a confidence builder :laugh:

Am I stupid and alone or does anyone else feel they're that challenging?

I took them both and they were definitely tough, especially the physiology. Don't know if you're part of the facebook group, but everyone seems to be in agreement that the tests are difficult.

I get why they're making us do this but it still seems kind of crappy. I feel bad for people who had big vacations, road trips, etc planned who now have to squeeze in some significant study time.

Just heard about the Dark Night movie shooting that happened in the area. I hope everyone is Okay that moved down there for school!

Hi Everyone,

Can some one please update me on what kind of forms are being give to the admitted students so far? I'm in a summer program and we are not getting any information until we are official admitted and that won't be until first week of August which will be very late.

Just hoping someone can pass on the information so that we can start completing the forms or whatever they are asking for ahead, so that we are not struggling later when school starts.

Thanks