University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jefras99

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard from the University of Colorado about an interview yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard about the interview yet, but they have cashed my check, so hopefully they are looking and will contact me soon.
I've heard they fill up their class early in the season, so I've been waiting anxiously.
Let me know if you get a response!

I personally haven't heard from them but I work with someone who interviewed there on monday the 13th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted on the 16th of october. They keep interviewing through the spring but do offer some acceptances in october and november.

I have an interview at Colorado in late November. I received the email on Monday. Check your inbox!!! YAY!

I have an interview coming up. Has anyone else had an interview this year? Would you like to share your experience? Is it true we won't hear about a decision until March? I assume the chances of acceptance are about 33% once interviewed, care to comment?

Herp

I interview there Jan 5th. So I can't give you direct input however my co-worker interviewed there October 13th and you are correct about not finding out until March. They told him that they would inform a few (read superstar) applicants soon after the interview but most would have to wait until March.
I think you can consider the probability of acceptance as .33, as long as you have a decent app. and are a Colorado resident.

Originally posted by rgporter
I interview there Jan 5th. So I can't give you direct input however my co-worker interviewed there October 13th and you are correct about not finding out until March. They told him that they would inform a few (read superstar) applicants soon after the interview but most would have to wait until March.
I think you can consider the probability of acceptance as .33, as long as you have a decent app. and are a Colorado resident.

I also have an interview scheduled for Jan 5th. Do you know what the chances for out of state residents are?

I also have an interview scheduled for Jan 5th. Do you know what the chances for out of state residents are?

This is from USnews.com:

CU (out-of-state only)

Applied 1662
Interviewed 229
Accepted 84
Enrolled 24

So, it looks like about 35-40% at the interview stage.

Best of luck to you.

I interview on Jan 16th. Thank the Lord!! God loves me after all..all these months of doubt and self-loathing :laugh:

Still no word from them. But I'm an out of stater, so uh fat chance I'll get interviewed, eh? :(

Originally posted by Integra96
Still no word from them. But I'm an out of stater, so uh fat chance I'll get interviewed, eh? :(

No no, don't give up yet! Colorado welcomes out-of-staters because your $70,000 tuition can subsidize the faculty's spring retreat at Vail!!

Hehe, I knew my money (or lack thereof) was good for something! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick reply:

Interviewed there, loved the school, the students. Yes, you do have to wait until March to find out, unless you are one of the few EXCEPTIONAL students who finds out 1-2 weeks after the interview. I am in the same boat- waiting waiting waiting.
Good luck,
mdforme

I'm off today for a trip through the mountain passes. My interview is tommorrow and I am pretty stoked. Hope the weather holds out, but I have chains for my 4X4, and I am leaving early. Wish me luck.

Anyone know what percentage of the people Colorado accepts find out before March?

I don't know the exact percentage, but they said about 1-2 per interview date or an average of 10-12 per month find out w/in 2 weeks that they are in. I was told by the admissions people that each applicant undergoes 2 reviews- 1 the day of the interview and the other within a 2 week period. If you are accepted early, you find out immediately after the 2nd file review.

They said that due to the holidays, they are behind in the schedule- so there is still hope for people who interviewed in December. The latest files to be reviewed are from Dec. 15th interviews, of which about 50% were reviewed. Anyone after that will not hear anything until Jan. 15th or 16th at the earliest (when they have a huge review).

That's not a very clear answer, but that was the best I could get out of them after bugging them a few times. Hope it helps. Good luck!

Anyone know when Colorado stops interviewing?

They said they were hoping to have the interviews finished by the first week of March, possibly sooner.

Herp

Originally posted by Herpeto
They said they were hoping to have the interviews finished by the first week of March, possibly sooner.

Herp

They said that when I was there also. Can anyone give me the link to the online status page. I am probably blind but I can't find it.:confused:

Thanks and thanks again.;) I don't even know what my password is. Oh well, I'll get an email eventually.

thanks for the info! Has anyone who interviewed late December or early January heard from CU?

I haven't heard from CU and I interviewed in late November...

Hey all...
I recently received an interview at CU for 3/8...that seems a bit late based on previous years' timelines (not that I am complaining)!

For those who have interviewed already, what timeline did they give for when decisions were going to be made, I remember last year it was 3/15?

Just curious...I have been a bit out of the loop this year.

I thought they said that they would interview through mid-March. Perhaps you have one of the last interviews? I was told we wouldn't hear back from CO until late March-April.

Good luck!

i believe they said that march 25th was the magic day and all notification would be by e-mail.

oh when i saw this thread...for a moment i thought it was gonna be discussion on possible sex parties for applicants interviewing at Colorodo :laugh:

good luck everyone.

Originally posted by jlee9531
oh when i saw this thread...for a moment i thought it was gonna be discussion on possible sex parties for applicants interviewing at Colorodo :laugh:

good luck everyone.

:laugh: No, but that would be a great way for CU to increase its number of applicants. Guaranteed sex for all interviewees!

How'd I miss THAT portion of the day?? :D :laugh:

Originally posted by jlee9531

good luck everyone.

I don't get it :( Did I miss something? I want to know what you guys are laughing about.

Football recruiters solicited prostitutes to get prospectives to come play for them. Not so much the red carpet for their med school interviewees....:)

you all must have been low on their list, because some of us got the full deluxe treatment;)

Originally posted by MeowMix
you all must have been low on their list, because some of us got the full deluxe treatment;)

oh why oh why did your instate preference scare me away from applying to your lovely school??

this is one ill always regret. +pity+