University of Florida Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you have not received an interview as of yet, then your chances are slim. Last interview for all campuses was late April and we are passed that already. However, luck may be on your side and there is a possibility of a June interview at Gainesville which is the alternates list. I think because your science GPA was low regardless of a good PCAT was one of the reasons you might not have been interviewed earlier. That and you did apply a few days before deadline and UF is rolling admissions

Members don't see this ad.

@yoshiru, You're right. I guess I just wanted someone to confirm my thoughts on the situation. Thanks :/

Hey everybody, I hope you're all doing well. I just wanted to ask two questions to see if anybody knew the answers:

1) Does anybody know what an Eluminate Session is? The next one is scheduled for tomorrow. Mary Beth sent out an email last week about participating in one of these, but I haven't been able to get in touch with her since, and I'm not sure if they are for incoming COP students.

2) How do people dress when they come to class? Do people show up in dress clothes, white coats, or jeans and t-shirts, etc.?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everybody, I hope you're all doing well. I just wanted to ask two questions to see if anybody knew the answers:

1) Does anybody know what an Eluminate Session is? The next one is scheduled for tomorrow. Mary Beth sent out an email last week about participating in one of these, but I haven't been able to get in touch with her since, and I'm not sure if they are for incoming COP students.

2) How do people dress when they come to class? Do people show up in dress clothes, white coats, or jeans and t-shirts, etc.?

Thanks

I got that e-mail about the Eluminate thing and was confused as well. I had my interview April 27 and was accepted the same day. I e-mailed her and asked her if I was supposed to do the Eluminate session and she replied back that I did not need to it "right now".

I still have no idea what it is though... just that those who were accepted recently don't have to do it quite yet.:confused:

@yoshiru, You're right. I guess I just wanted someone to confirm my thoughts on the situation. Thanks :/
Don't give up hope. I personally know of two people who got interviewed and accepted 2 days before classes started because the roster was not filled. A high PCAT will definitely make up for a low gpa and vice versa.

Wow, I did not even know that was possible. Well, I am just going to have to wait it out and see if they ever get back to me. I already secured a seat at nova, but UF has always been my number one. Thanks for the input, guys.

I got that e-mail about the Eluminate thing and was confused as well. I had my interview April 27 and was accepted the same day. I e-mailed her and asked her if I was supposed to do the Eluminate session and she replied back that I did not need to it "right now".

I still have no idea what it is though... just that those who were accepted recently don't have to do it quite yet.:confused:

Ok, thanks. I was accepted Feb 22 and I don't know what it is either.

The elluminate session is part of the computer course you have to do on e-learning. If you were just accepted in April it will open up to you whenever that link tells you to start working on your stuff. To the person who was accepted Feb 22nd... you might wanna check into that, did you do your computer course on Sakai?? Elluminate is just like a "virtual classroom" where you can interact with other students/professor remotely through video/microphone/whiteboard/chat

The elluminate session is part of the computer course you have to do on e-learning. If you were just accepted in April it will open up to you whenever that link tells you to start working on your stuff. To the person who was accepted Feb 22nd... you might wanna check into that, did you do your computer course on Sakai?? Elluminate is just like a "virtual classroom" where you can interact with other students/professor remotely through video/microphone/whiteboard/chat

Ok, thanks. I get it now. I didn't run the computer course on Sakai, so I was a little confused. I spoke with Mary Beth, and I'm going to have to do this during a June makeup session.

Also for the people accepted earlier than the April interview, there are more things to do than just the Elluminate course. There are three modules to do within the Computers and technology course with various activities mandated in those modules. Also, they all have a deadline usually within a month of when you can actually access the Sakai course. Look at your conditional acceptance letter to know the dates. Deadlines have already passed for all people who interviewed before April.

Also for the people accepted earlier than the April interview, there are more things to do than just the Elluminate course. There are three modules to do within the Computers and technology course with various activities mandated in those modules. Also, they all have a deadline usually within a month of when you can actually access the Sakai course. Look at your conditional acceptance letter to know the dates. Deadlines have already passed for all people who interviewed before April.

Deadlines for what? The Elluminate session or the Sakai course? It's still open for March interviewers here.

Sorry I didn't mean April! I meant to say the Sakai course deadline ( which was April) for February interviews and those before had already passed. Mach and April interviewers are good still!

Hello everyone!

First I'd like to congratulate everyone accepted to UF!!! I am looking for a female roommate to share a 2/2 with in Gainesville. I am very laid back, respectable and studious. I also have a quiet, friendly australian shepherd who gets along very well with people and animals. Please message me if you are interested! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

It's me again... I recently got an e-mail from Ms. Yokomi giving me the option to be placed on the alternate list. So I replied with "Yes, I would like to be placed on the alternate list." The only thing is the e-mail sounded kind of ambiguous to me. I wasn't sure if it was an invitation to attend the alternate interview on June 8 or not. Basically, it did not sound like a concrete interview invite. Did anyone else receive this e-mail? For those alternates from previous cycles, what happened after you received this e-mail. :confused:

Hey everyone,

It's me again... I recently got an e-mail from Ms. Yokomi giving me the option to be placed on the alternate list. So I replied with "Yes, I would like to be placed on the alternate list." The only thing is the e-mail sounded kind of ambiguous to me. I wasn't sure if it was an invitation to attend the alternate interview on June 8 or not. Basically, it did not sound like a concrete interview invite. Did anyone else receive this e-mail? For those alternates from previous cycles, what happened after you received this e-mail. :confused:

Just e-mail her back and ask for clarification. She's a very nice lady :)

So, I called back. And it did not sound like a concrete invite to the June 8th in Gainesville. Any other alternates out there? I know I'm not the only one... lol

I am on the alternate list as well. I received the email a month or so ago though asking if I wanted to be on the list. From what I understand though, if you're on the alternate list, you would get an interview at the alternates date in June? I am not 100% sure though. What did they tell you when you called?

I am on the alternate list as well. I received the email a month or so ago though asking if I wanted to be on the list. From what I understand though, if you're on the alternate list, you would get an interview at the alternates date in June? I am not 100% sure though. What did they tell you when you called?

They said I would receive more info regarding a possible interview sometime next week... Everything sounds very "up in the air."

Hey everyone,

I got an email about alternate list as well. And I called Ms.Mary and she said she doesn't the exact number of spots left yet and it all depends..so didn't really help me lol

Anyone else who was on alternate list and got accepted ?!?

Yeah, the last interview date is June 8th Gainsville for the alternate list.

In last year's thread, there were a few that got accepted off of that list so there is still a good chance.

Last edited:

I'll speak for the distance campuses as to dress code but this may also apply for Gainesville. Depending on what class/event you're going to, you can either dress professionally or casually. Orientation is, of course, professional attire/UF polos. The only class you're required to dress professionally in (for 1PD year) is Pharmacotherapy in the Spring. This is the class you'll eventually wear your white coat to. And going along those lines...any time you are expected to wear your white coat, you dress professionally. Such as screenings/events where you represent UF on or off campus. Any other classes where you're just watching a professor lecture, you can wear jeans/tshirt/normal school attire. Since you will not get your white coat until Spring, the school typically tells you to wear your UF polo and khaki/dress pants.

You will also give several presentations throughout the year in different classes. You will be required to dress professionally when you give presentations.

Use your own judgment as to what would be the best thing to wear. When in doubt...dress business casual with khakis. It never hurts to overdress but looks bad on you to underdress. You'll get the hang of what you can and cannot wear once you start classes and see what other people are wearing on campus.

For the females who don't know what counts as professional: remember 3 B's: no breasts (cleavage), no bellies, no butts. And also don't forget closed toed shoes for labs/screenings when you're dressing professionally. Open toed shoes are fine for class if you aren't interacting with patients.

I'll speak for the distance campuses as to dress code but this may also apply for Gainesville. Depending on what class/event you're going to, you can either dress professionally or casually. Orientation is, of course, professional attire/UF polos. The only class you're required to dress professionally in (for 1PD year) is Pharmacotherapy in the Spring. This is the class you'll eventually wear your white coat to. And going along those lines...any time you are expected to wear your white coat, you dress professionally. Such as screenings/events where you represent UF on or off campus. Any other classes where you're just watching a professor lecture, you can wear jeans/tshirt/normal school attire. Since you will not get your white coat until Spring, the school typically tells you to wear your UF polo and khaki/dress pants.

You will also give several presentations throughout the year in different classes. You will be required to dress professionally when you give presentations.

Use your own judgment as to what would be the best thing to wear. When in doubt...dress business casual with khakis. It never hurts to overdress but looks bad on you to underdress. You'll get the hang of what you can and cannot wear once you start classes and see what other people are wearing on campus.

For the females who don't know what counts as professional: remember 3 B's: no breasts (cleavage), no bellies, no butts. And also don't forget closed toed shoes for labs/screenings when you're dressing professionally. Open toed shoes are fine for class if you aren't interacting with patients.

Perfect! Thanks for the response. This gives me a good idea of what to pack when I leave for school.

Quick question about the LOR for the curent pharmacy students.

Are LOR from a co worker allowed? Pharmcas says
LOR types that are REQUIRED:
Employer
Faculty Adviser
Health Care Professional
Pharmacist
Pre-Health Adviser
Professor (Liberal Arts)
Professor (Math)
Professor (Science)
Supervisor

Can my boss(a Pharmacist) write one for me?

Thank you

Quick question about the LOR for the curent pharmacy students.

Are LOR from a co worker allowed? Pharmcas says

Can my boss(a Pharmacist) write one for me?

Thank you

yes

I received my alternate list interview letter mid April and sent back confirmation and was worried because I had not heard back from Mary Beth after several emails. But today I have heard notice of my interview time and more details about it. For those like me who were in question you should be receiving information soon if you havent already. See you there whoever else is on alternate list!

Just got my conditional acceptance via email to Orlando campus!!!

I was on the waiting list and just received my conditional acceptance tooo!!! Jacksonville Campus!

Hello guys,

So I was very recently accepted to UF. However, I already accepted my financial aid package online (loans) from Nova. I submitted all my paper work including MPN, entrance interview thru fafsa, etc for nova and now I'm basically wondering if it's possible to cancel these loans completely because I want to attend UF. Anyone ever been in/ heard of a situation like this? Is it possible to now back track and decline the loans from nova? Nothing has been dispersed yet. I have so much anxiety right now :-(

Any advice/ comments would be greatly appreciated. :(

Hello,

So I was recently accepted to UF. St.Pete Campus!! Any P2,P3, P4 here from St.Pete. I wanted to get feedback about location, online learning and things like that...
I have been accepted to Nova- main campus. I saw some old threads about UF vs. Nova but something recent would be quite helpful.

Anything will be greatly appreciated. :)

Alveloi89 --- what UF campus did you get accepted at?

Hello,

So I was recently accepted to UF. St.Pete Campus!! Any P2,P3, P4 here from St.Pete. I wanted to get feedback about location, online learning and things like that...
I have been accepted to Nova- main campus. I saw some old threads about UF vs. Nova but something recent would be quite helpful.

Anything will be greatly appreciated. :)

Alveloi89 --- what UF campus did you get accepted at?

Jacksonville campus. I too am interested in hearing about online learning, etc. particularly w/ respect to the Jacksonville location.

I have a quick question for current pharmacy students or recently accepted pharmacy students at UF. Did any of you get your undergrad at UF and transfer directly to their Pharmacy program after finishing it? If so, what major did you pick to prepare you for pharmacy school? Thank you in advance.

I have a quick question for current pharmacy students or recently accepted pharmacy students at UF. Did any of you get your undergrad at UF and transfer directly to their Pharmacy program after finishing it? If so, what major did you pick to prepare you for pharmacy school? Thank you in advance.

I just got into the class of 2016 and was a previos UF student. I majored in chemistry at UF, but didn't do the 2 year plan, I graduated with my B.S. in the spring.