University of Florida c/o 2025 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I asked this during interviews - I was told they don’t send anything out regarding financial aid until June. They also told me that it very rare for 1st years to get any recruitment or admission scholarship.
So if you filled out the fafsa in December like LSU and others suggested you will get a chance at scholarship aid. Fill it out now will get you still ahead of the game. The reason you dont get a scholarship first year is because UF doesnt have your FAFSA info. I would fill it out now and speak to ms. Lana Marshall in Financial aid. I did and I got a scholarship first year because I had put my fasfa in around april of the year I entered.

You will still get loan aid but grants and scholarships are from fasfa which current students fill out in fall before you get in.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
So if you filled out the fafsa in December like LSU and others suggested you will get a chance at scholarship aid. Fill it out now will get you still ahead of the game. The reason you dont get a scholarship first year is because UF doesnt have your FAFSA info. I would fill it out now and speak to ms. Lana Marshall in Financial aid. I did and I got a scholarship first year because I had put my fasfa in around april of the year I entered.

You will still get loan aid but grants and scholarships are from fasfa which current students fill out in fall before you get in.
Oh my god thank you so much

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if theres gonna be an admitted students day?

Has anyone received anything in the mail or know if we are supposed to?

Has anyone received anything in the mail or know if we are supposed to?
Update:
80DFD782-E963-4B97-8729-3424FCAC6D4D.jpeg

Last edited:
is there a deposit due at this time too? (i haven't officially accepted yet although I know I will)
I accepted on Monday and haven’t been asked to pay anything yet

I know alternates probably won't start getting calls until after 4/15, but I was wondering if anyone on the waitlist has heard anything?? Trying to be patient, and really failing.

I know alternates probably won't start getting calls until after 4/15, but I was wondering if anyone on the waitlist has heard anything?? Trying to be patient, and really failing.
I was called off the IS waitlist on 3/31. I'm sure a lot more calls will be coming soon!

Reactions: 2 users
I was called off the OOS waitlist today! So excited to join the class of 2025!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
IS alternate accepted!! So excited to start this journey!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
OOS alternate accepted! Is there a facebook group or groupme for this class yet? Need to get started on finding roommates asap :soexcited:

OOS alternate accepted! Is there a facebook group or groupme for this class yet? Need to get started on finding roommates asap :soexcited:
Yes, Lynette will send you the link once you accept your seat!

@Old-Country-Vet-Tech are any scrubs ok for classroom/hospital or do we have to buy them from the school?
Scrubs are fine and you can buy them anywhere. A lot of folks use their old job scrubs for anatomy. M&M scrubs on amazon are cheap and sturdy but are rough at first but wash them a few times and they get soft. They will offer you a small discount on figs but you don't have to buy them. As long as they don't have a clinic name on them or are offensive ( confederate flag scrubs etc ) you should be fine. The handbook says no patterns but I wear patterned tops without issue, this is mostly for clinics/ clinical skills classes/ and externships etc where you are with the public.

I would suggest when you get your loans to buy a pair of short sleeve coveralls for anatomy because you will use them 1st and 2nd year due to Large animal anatomy and therio. You will also use them a lot if you do the food animal wet labs. Food animal club sells them embroidered for 40-50 bucks but if you can't do that you can find them for 20-30 on amazon or when 4th years graduate they leave a free scrub bin for underclassmen.

Get yourself some boots, wellies/muckboots and some workboots for working with Large animals. Avoid steel toe and go for regular leather or composite ( ceramic/alloy mix) for boots.

Also please join the facebook you will be invited to we will be helping you out in this transition. Just remember 1st year is hard and you may feel like everyone is doing good but you. Just remember unless you are trying to specialize that passing is what matters.

Reactions: 1 users