University of Florida College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I got the secondary but not an interview and I’m oos

Members don't see this ad.

How long does it take to receive an interview invite after submitting your secondary apps?

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take to receive an interview invite after submitting your secondary apps?
Hey, I got my supplemental application on September 29th, and the admissions office emailed a confirmation they received it on October 5th. They invited me for an interview on October 7th. I hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Interview # 1
School:
University of Florida
Notification date: 10/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date:
07/28
Application complete date: 10/07
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27/30/21/21/None
Method of interview: Virtual

Reactions: 1 users
Interview # 1
School:
University of Florida
Notification date: 10/20
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date:
07/28
Application complete date: 10/07
GPA (science, overall): 4.00, 4.00
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 27/30/21/21/None
Method of interview: Virtual
Aw man, you ripped off my username!! But congratulations, with those stats I’m sure the wait was brutal but I’m glad it paid off!

Hey y’all!
I have a question. So I applied to UF dental school and I’m in the waiting process for an interview. What are the chances of me getting a post December interview?

Here are my standings:
Cumulative GPA: 3.6
DAT:
AA: 22
Orgo: 22
Chem: 26
Bio: 21
Reading: 24
Math: 18

Hey y’all!
I have a question. So I applied to UF dental school and I’m in the waiting process for an interview. What are the chances of me getting a post December interview?

Here are my standings:
Cumulative GPA: 3.6
DAT:
AA: 22
Orgo: 22
Chem: 26
Bio: 21
Reading: 24
Math: 18

Hey! Those are not bad stats at all! But I have one question:
What is your residency?

From what I have gathered UF is very OOS unfriendly, on their website they state that about 90% of their class is comprised of IS students. So for someone like me, who is OOS, my chances are fairly slim. Here is the link to their admissions stats if you'd like to check it out:

However, if you are in-state then you should have a fairly decent chance with those stats. Provided of course there aren't major issues in the rest of your application (like shadowing, experience etc).

Hope this helps!

What is your residency?

From what I have gathered UF is very OOS unfriendly, on their website they state that about 90% of their class is comprised of IS students. So for someone like me, who is OOS, my chances are fairly slim. Here is the link to their admissions stats if you'd like to check it out:

However, if you are in-state then you should have a fairly decent chance with those stats. Provided of course there aren't major issues in the rest of your application (like shadowing, experience etc).

Hope this helps!
What is your residency?

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for your reply! I am actually out of state but I went to Nova Southeastern University in Florida for undergrad. Do you think that would help?

Thank you so much for your reply! I am actually out of state but I went to Nova Southeastern University in Florida for undergrad. Do you think that would help?

It might! I can't remember if in the supplemental or main application there was a place to list ties to Florida (I think there was?), but if you listed your undergrad it may count. :shrug:
Of course I am just speculating and don't know for sure.

In any case, at this point I guess all any of us can do is just hang tight and see what happens, though I know that's the hardest thing to do right now.
But hey! At least you haven't gotten a rejection letter! ;)

I wish you and everyone the best of luck! We'll all make it in somewhere!!

It might! I can't remember if in the supplemental or main application there was a place to list ties to Florida (I think there was?), but if you listed your undergrad it may count. :shrug:
Of course I am just speculating and don't know for sure.

In any case, at this point I guess all any of us can do is just hang tight and see what happens, though I know that's the hardest thing to do right now.
But hey! At least you haven't gotten a rejection letter! ;)

I wish you and everyone the best of luck! We'll all make it in somewhere!!

yesss!! We will!! It will all work out :) thank you so much for your help!!!

Does anyone know if there is still a chance for a pre-december interview? I just got the supplemental this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #3
School: University of Florida
Notification date: 10/30/20
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16/2020
Application complete date: 7/30/20 (took my DAT 7/19)
GPA (science, overall): 3.5/3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):21/18/18/30/Biology-16-ouch :(
Interview date: 11/5/20
Method of interview: Online
*I am a Dental Hygienist just for extra info.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #3
School: University of Florida
Notification date: 10/30/20
Residency: FL
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16/2020
Application complete date: 7/30/20 (took my DAT 7/19)
GPA (science, overall): 3.5/3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):21/18/18/30/Biology-16-ouch :(
Interview date: 11/5/20
Method of interview: Online
*I am a Dental Hygienist just for extra info.
Congratulations! I just submitted my supplementals today, so hopefully mine is coming soon. I would love to know how it goes.

Aw man, you ripped off my username!! But congratulations, with those stats I’m sure the wait was brutal but I’m glad it paid off!
OMG you said it! I don't know what is taking schools so long! I thought with these stats I will have at least 3-4 interviews by now. But so far, just UF (had my interview yesterday tho and it went well I think!)

I just want to say I interviewed at UF this week and the interview was NOTHING like SDN makes it out to be. It was relaxed, easy going and the interviewers were so nice and comforting. I have had 3 interviews and I felt the best about this one by far! So if you have one coming up relax! there’s literally nothing to be scared about :)

I just want to say I interviewed at UF this week and the interview was NOTHING like SDN makes it out to be. It was relaxed, easy going and the interviewers were so nice and comforting. I have had 3 interviews and I felt the best about this one by far! So if you have one coming up relax! there’s literally nothing to be scared about :)
Glad to hear this! I have one coming up this week. Would you say it is more conversational than questions and answers?

Are you guaranteed with an interview once you get supplemental app invite?

Are you guaranteed with an interview once you get supplemental app invite?

I don’t think so but I think it’s a realllly high chance and it happens quick. I got an interview invite 24 hours after submitting the supplemental

Hey friends! Just out of curiosity, do yall think we will be notified on exactly the 15th of December? I feel like in previous years when the date has been December 1st, people usually find out on december 2nd. Does this mean we will find out on December 16th? I know its all speculation but just thinking out loud haha.

Hey friends! Just out of curiosity, do yall think we will be notified on exactly the 15th of December? I feel like in previous years when the date has been December 1st, people usually find out on december 2nd. Does this mean we will find out on December 16th? I know its all speculation but just thinking out loud haha.
Yeah a lot of people will hear Dec 15th. Idt it's always December 1st; it changes each year and is usually either the 1st or 2nd.

Hello! After receiving the supplemental application, I am curious what the activities section is inquiring about. Obviously, the school has our activities on our AADSAS app, so is this asking what we are planning on doing this summer? (It says while not in college). Or what we plan to do before dental school in general? Thanks in advance for the help!

Hello! After receiving the supplemental application, I am curious what the activities section is inquiring about. Obviously, the school has our activities on our AADSAS app, so is this asking what we are planning on doing this summer? (It says while not in college). Or what we plan to do before dental school in general? Thanks in advance for the help!
answer it as honestly as possible, i think I wrote only one sentence. If you have volunteered say you're continuing volunteering, if you are still shadowing put that. If you plan to travel put that! If you're still in school, just list your extra curricular activities. I know it seems redundant but just inform the school that you are still continuing the activities you listed and are continuing to learn and improve yourself even after already submitting your app!

Did anyone send UF a letter of intent/interest? Other schools recommended it but UF didnt mention it.

Did anyone send UF a letter of intent/interest? Other schools recommended it but UF didnt mention it.

UF specifically said they didn’t want us contacting them till decisions were out in my interview and that follow up emails were not needed

Just wait for next week. If I recall right, they don't like students reaching out constantly.

thank you!
I sent a thank you letter to them 2 weeks after I interviewed last cycle (july) and included it as a letter of intent. Then I updated adsas with new activities I was doing 2 months after the interview. I always got an email back from Sarah saying they added it to my file. If you want to specifically send just a letter of intent I would say you should but I wouldn't send anything other than that. in less than a week all of your lives are gonna take a huge step toward your future! Pm for any questions about UF! #gogators

Last edited:
anyone know if they’ve started calling? been staring at my phone since 6:00EST lol

Congrats!!!Did your status change on AADSAS? Or what does it say there?
My status says “received/app complete” and has said that since my interview. thank you, I hope you’re next!

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! The class of 2024 has gotten your facebook ready for you all called "UFCD Class of 2025." We are all so excited to welcome you to Gator Nation! Go gators!!

Hopefully this link works: Facebook Groups

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who got accepted! The class of 2024 has gotten your facebook ready for you all called "UFCD Class of 2025." We are all so excited to welcome you to Gator Nation! Go gators!!
Will they email us a link? Can’t find it via search.

As arguably the most competitive school to get into in Florida, I'm guessing this school barely has any waitlist movement. A waitlist is basically a rejection in most cases. I know a very small few who do get into this school through waitlist, but it is very small and usually ends up as an unsubsidized seat (instate paying outstate tuition). Can anyone weigh in on this? Thanks!