University of Florida College of Dentistry Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

As arguably the most competitive school to get into in Florida, I'm guessing this school barely has any waitlist movement. A waitlist is basically a rejection in most cases. I know a very small few who do get into this school through waitlist, but it is very small and usually ends up as an unsubsidized seat (instate paying outstate tuition). Can anyone weigh in on this? Thanks!
Yes there is very little, if any waitlist movement. I was on the waitlist last year from December until July with no updates. But now I'm a current D1 elsewhere and love it :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm kind of surprised the thread this year is very silent compared to last year when talking about being waitlisted (I think I'm the only one who mentioned it) :oops: Where my waitlisted squad at?

Looking at the Facebook page, there is 140+ members in the group right now for a class size that is usually around 90. The odds are looking very slim for us :( Anyone have an idea of how big UF's alternate list is? I know it's very early right now, and UF has barely any waitlist movement at all, but I want to know as much information as possible before I prepare for next cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm kind of surprised the thread this year is very silent compared to last year when talking about being waitlisted (I think I'm the only one who mentioned it) :oops: Where my waitlisted squad at?

Looking at the Facebook page, there is 140+ members in the group right now for a class size that is usually around 90. The odds are looking very slim for us :( Anyone have an idea of how big UF's alternate list is? I know it's very early right now, and UF has barely any waitlist movement at all, but I want to know as much information as possible before I prepare for next cycle.
If it makes you feel any better, from what I see I’m pretty sure the Facebook group is so large because the class of 2024 is still in there. I think they just gave us their old page and they’ll all be leaving the group once we are all in it. i’m not positive but I know for sure that more than half of the people in the group already attend UFCD (they’re all wearing UF white coats in their profile photos lol) Also, there are quite a few people on the dental admissions Boot Camp Facebook page who say they are giving up their seat at Florida, so I do think there is hope. :)

Reactions: 1 users

There’s still a huge chance of acceptance for waitlisted applicants because in our c/o 2025 groupme, a lot of people are still deciding whether or not they want to go to UFCD including myself so still lots of hope for you guys!

Reactions: 2 users

I was waitlisted too but accepting my offer to another school. So fewer people on the waitlist

If it makes you feel any better, from what I see I’m pretty sure the Facebook group is so large because the class of 2024 is still in there. I think they just gave us their old page and they’ll all be leaving the group once we are all in it. i’m not positive but I know for sure that more than half of the people in the group already attend UFCD (they’re all wearing UF white coats in their profile photos lol) Also, there are quite a few people on the dental admissions Boot Camp Facebook page who say they are giving up their seat at Florida, so I do think there is hope. :)
I'm in the c/o 2024 and you're right! A lot of us are on the FB page in case the new class has any questions or if we want to share info/tips/etc. Don't give up hope!!

Reactions: 1 users
Is getting a supp app email from UF a strong chance that I will get an interview?

Is getting a supp app email from UF a strong chance that I will get an interview?
It seems like it- some people get interview invites immediately after, but I did the supplemental app months ago and never heard back. I guess it just depends. Good luck!

Has anyone heard of any waitlist movement now that we’re past the 15th?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey There. My wife got notified today that she will be having an interview on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week.
Does anyone know the percentage of people that get accepted versus how many people got interviews?
I read the average across all dental schools was 4 interviews for every 1 available seat in the class. I have also heard that UF is a lot better of a ratio but I wanted to confirm and see if anyone had heard anything.

She is an in state applicant. AA -21.

Hey There. My wife got notified today that she will be having an interview on Tuesday and Wednesday of this week.
Does anyone know the percentage of people that get accepted versus how many people got interviews?
I read the average across all dental schools was 4 interviews for every 1 available seat in the class. I have also heard that UF is a lot better of a ratio but I wanted to confirm and see if anyone had heard anything.

She is an in state applicant. AA -21.
Hi! I'd say, based on my experience, this process is the wild west. Your wife at this point should focus on the interview. An acceptance (I guess) depends now on the interview. Because me and my friend, both with good stats got waitlisted, and I know of another person who got in with a low GPA, but high DAT and little to no extracurriculars. So, I assume the interview plays a huge role. Hope this helps you!! and good luck to your wife :)

Anyone hear anything from admissions? they talked about a Zoom chat for people who have been interviewed, but I haven’t heard back from them since the interview?

Anyone hear anything from admissions? they talked about a Zoom chat for people who have been interviewed, but I haven’t heard back from them since the interview?
I haven't heard back yet since my mid-January interview. They told us we'd hear back sometime mid-February.

Do you guys think it’s too late for me to receive an interview ? I haven’t been rejected yet but I am still waiting :(

Did you ever receive the secondary? I haven’t gotten that. Just been in the “review queue” since applying back in like September.
I received a supplemental application back in august. But that’s about it. And yes my current status on Adea is “Received/Under Review.”

My wife got onto the Alternate/ Wait list today. bittersweet but at least were still in the game!? any idea of how big the waitlists usually are for schools in general or this school?

My wife got onto the Alternate/ Wait list today. bittersweet but at least were still in the game!? any idea of how big the waitlists usually are for schools in general or this school?
I also got waitlisted today. I have a friend who got off the waitlist last year in late May/early June so there is hope!

For those who are wait listed, did you get an email and a letter in the mail as well?

has anyone gotten an update about the waitlist or the current class??

has anyone gotten an update about the waitlist or the current class??
I saw somebody getting accepted off the waitlist in early Feb of this year. That was so long ago, idk what's going on with UF at this point lol. Or how big the waitlist is...