University of Florida???????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the dental school on the same campus as Florida's undergrad school?

If so, I'd want to go there just to catch some good college football and basketball for four years.

Members don't see this ad.

Is the dental school on the same campus as Florida's undergrad school?

If so, I'd want to go there just to catch some good college football and basketball for four years.

yes, it's on the same campus....only 5-10 minutes by foot to both venues

jb!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
On the UF waitinglist:

Ms. Dentista, jackbauer, hienchan, lemonchamomile...

Anyone else in this club? I can't wait to hear back from UF already!

The way I see it is.. we are not IN, but we are not yet OUT. Let's hope for the best you guys! :luck:

is UF done interviewing? If so, they should start accepting people off the waitlist very soon.

is UF done interviewing? If so, they should start accepting people off the waitlist very soon.

Yes, they are done interviewing. They said they are not going to accept anyone after they meet at the end of February... you guys will hear from them after that. Good luck

I feel like I have been waiting for so long...I am ready for my acceptance now....:p

well at least I have spring break to look forward too....I'm going to Mexico to drink my blues away!:rolleyes:

UF is done interviewing, that's true. We should hear soon... next month-ish, perhaps???

JB, Uracil, Ms. Dentista, hienchan... you guys better post on SDN once you hear something (not in or actually in)! I know I will post.. and keep checking on here, as well. Haha, I SO WANT IN THIS YEAR!!!

:luck:

Those who got accepted- are you going to the "Shadowing Day"???

If you do, please post the date...

Shuna

I was thinking about trying to go on March 26th, but I haven't emailed the office yet so that date might be taken.

anybody else a little nervous about the upcoming month?? I am...but only a little bit:p

not nervous at all.......if i get a phone call from the 352 i'll piss myself tho :)

I hope one of you get the seat there that I just gave up.

Members don't see this ad :)
i am anxious about hearing back... anything back from UF within the next couple weeks! my cell will be on me at all times!

Thanks, Ething... goodluck at Penn!

...if i get a phone call from the 352 i'll piss myself tho :)[/QUOTE said:
For some reason, I just got a visual of that...haha...and I don't even know what you look like :D

My friend just called this morning to give up his sopt, so another spot is open ....I might be doing the same thing soon so there is still good hope for u guys....

G-luck!!

My friend just called this morning to give up his sopt, so another spot is open ....I might be doing the same thing soon so there is still good hope for u guys....

G-luck!!

Thanks for the info shuna :) goodluck with your decision making:luck:

I'm on the waitlist with you guys. On the male to female ratio thing I think UF may be confused on the sex of a few people on one of the e-mails they sent me it said Dear Ms. XXXX, last time I checked I was a Mr.!
I hope we all get in.

I'm on the waitlist with you guys. On the male to female ratio thing I think UF may be confused on the sex of a few people on one of the e-mails they sent me it said Dear Ms. XXXX, last time I checked I was a Mr.!
I hope we all get in.

:laugh: great story...:laugh:

Anyways good luck and hopfully soon ull hear from them....

shuna, have you decided what school you're going to yet? have you put down more than one deposit? congrats on your acceptances. what schools are you debating about going to? UF and Penn?

Yes I am holding more than one deposit but not for too long...and JB dont share secrets ;)

Yes I am holding more than one deposit but not for too long...and JB dont share secrets ;)

it was an educated guess!! ;)

c'mon..... $20k/year vs. $50k/year (no scholarship).....

throw the scholarship in there and you have a decision to make.. jb!:)

Anybody have any new information?:luck: :luck:

yeah.....i was rejected from columbia today and waitlisted at NYU.... yayyyyyy :rolleyes:

NYC showing no love JB!:)

WTF that must be a mistake JB...see urself overqualified for those schools...I just hope that soon enough ull hear from UF and all of this BS will be over...

Shuna

oh goodness!! Uracil how did you find out they were meeting yesterday?

i'm screwed then!! i'm registered to retake the DAT next week. now that they already made their decisions, i guess it won't do any good.

She said they were meeting Feb. 28th at my interview! That's all I know... I don't really know if she calls or not...but she said that was the last time ADCOM were meeting :scared: Keep your hopes up guys!

No news today, I was hoping we might get a call.

word on the street (as of about a week and a half ago) is that there are 11 spots left for UF. 19 boys and 47 girls have sent in their deposits! hope this helps!

Each incoming year they have more than a hundred seats available (~130). Check out their website (or read your interview folder). This report is false. :mad:

Each incoming year they have more than a hundred seats available (~130). Check out their website (or read your interview folder). This report is false. :mad:

~130 seats available? their class is only 82 large.

just got waitlisted today.. had my interview in early feb.
i felt pretty good about the interview, but i think my mistake was not applying or taking the dat early.
these are my stats:
AA 19, RC 23, PA 20. gpa 3.66, sci gpa 3.8, honors
i'm not sure what plan B will be for me... but i am not looking forward to another round of applications. yuck :thumbdown:

docwoodybear - i dont know what interview folder you are reading but the class is never larger than 82 people. what i posted was told to me by two students who are already accepted to the class. of course this number can change if people decide to go to other schools, etc. but i was just trying to help out and post what i had heard was true at that time. take it or leave it.

Sorry Jolene and others,

I'm a premed, and I was interviewing for the College of Medicine. This is the dental section...whooopps!!!!! :laugh: :smuggrin: :(

*bump*

waitlisters... anything new with you guys?

i'm still WAITING.:luck:

do you know if UF will call or just send out a letter??? my gosh.. all this waiting seems sooo looooooooooooooooong

do you know if UF will call or just send out a letter??? my gosh.. all this waiting seems sooo looooooooooooooooong

UF calls & follows up w/ a letter. A friend of mine got the call last year in early June.

best of luck everyone,

Nothing new here either...I was on a cruise for 5 days and as such left my phone with my boyfriend hoping to come home to some good news. Unfortunately I am still waiting...oh well it was a good spring break!!!!:D :luck: :D

JUNE!?!? Wow, I hope I hear waaay before then sometime... as in, TOMORROW OR THIS MONTH. Hahaha!! I wish. It's probably gonna depend on my ranking/position on the waitlist - if I'm lucky enough to even hear back at all. AHH! AnxietyMania2007.

so, questions for everyone

1) Does anyone know if UF gives a little preference to people that are reapplying an were waitlisted last cycle

2) Anybody start applying to grad schools??

1) Does anyone know if UF gives a little preference to people that are reapplying an were waitlisted last cycle

i don't know anything about if UF would give any preferences but i am applying for a one-year master program at johns hopkins. they said i should hear back from them in 2-4 weeks. that's what i plan to do if it's not meant for me to attend dental school this year.

i don't know anything about if UF would give any preferences but i am applying for a one-year master program at johns hopkins. they said i should hear back from them in 2-4 weeks. that's what i plan to do if it's not meant for me to attend dental school this year.

i'm curious why you wouldn't do a cheaper in-state SMP?

i can answer #1 with a "NO." i know 2 people who were waitlisted last year. while they received interviews again this cycle, they were rejected and didn't even make it to this year's waitlist.