University of Florida???????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Florida beats Oregon 85-77. This Saturday at 8:45 will be a rematch of last year’s title game. Go Gators!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope Florida wins. I will win my bracket if they do :)

I hope Florida wins. I will win my bracket if they do :)

yeah, my bracket is screwed.

i was 7/8 for elite 8 teams.... & i'm 1/4 for final 4 teams :confused: :confused:

i have georgetown to win it all......goo HOYAS!

jb!:)

Has anyone heard of anyone else getting in off the waitlist last week?

Has anyone heard of anyone else getting in off the waitlist last week?

All I know is... kaito0415 and sdeeds got in off the waitlist. TWO PEOPLE. Does anyone know if any of their friends or friends' friends got in via the waitlist or was it just those lucky two????

ohmygosh, i want to know NOW... seems like i've been waiting a long, long time *sigh*

All I know is... kaito0415 and sdeeds got in off the waitlist. TWO PEOPLE. Does anyone know if any of their friends or friends' friends got in via the waitlist or was it just those lucky two????

ohmygosh, i want to know NOW... seems like i've been waiting a long, long time *sigh*

i've been waiting since Dec 1st, so hush ;)

kaito0415 just messaged me saying she is NOT going to UF, even though she got in from the waiting list, which meeeaaaannsss.... ANOTHER SPOT OPENED UP! YES!

kaito0415, goodluck wherever you choose to go, and thanks for remembering us waitlisters here on sdn! :)

kaito0415 just messaged me saying she is NOT going to UF, even though she got in from the waiting list, which meeeaaaannsss.... ANOTHER SPOT OPENED UP! YES!

kaito0415, goodluck wherever you choose to go, and thanks for remembering us waitlisters here on sdn! :)

Hey everyone, I chose to go to UoP. I am already in the area and love it out here. :D
Hopefully one of you SDNers will get the seat I leave... best of luck everyone!:luck:

Anything new? April's just around the friggin corner... *sigh*

Members don't see this ad :)
The pictures of the new class of 2011 are posted in the dental building at UF! Congrats to all those who made it!

Ms. Dentista, JB, everyone...

After reading the post about UF's Class of 2011's pictures being up at the dental school, I decided to go and take a look for myself to see if all 80 spots have been filled.

Well..... 82 spots have been filled already, and from the picture board, here are some "data" I managed to take for all those who are interested.

UF has filled 82 spots (52 Females, 30 Males).
46 of these people took undergrad outside of UF.
36 were UF undergrads.
There are 7 Asians, 9 Hispanics, and 8 African Americans.

Undergrad institutions attended for those accepted include UF, FSU, FAU, FIU, UCF, Univ. of Miami, NC State at Raleigh, UNC Chapel Hill, UNC Wilmington, Univ. of the South, FL Southern College, Arizona State Univ., Villanova, Birmingham Southern, Northern Arizona U., Virgina Tech, Washington Univ., Univ. of Minnesota, Spelman College, Westminster College, and one from Instituto Superior de Ciencias.

*sigh*

After reading the post about UF's Class of 2011's pictures being up at the dental school, I decided to go and take a look for myself to see if all 80 spots have been filled.

Well..... 82 spots have been filled already, and from the picture board, here are some "data" I managed to take for all those who are interested.

36 were UF undergrads.

Undergrad institutions attended for those accepted include UF, FSU, FAU, FIU, UCF, Univ. of Miami, NC State at Raleigh, UNC Chapel Hill, UNC Wilmington, Univ. of the South, FL Southern College, Arizona State Univ., Villanova, Birmingham Southern, Northern Arizona U., Virgina Tech, Washington Univ., Univ. of Minnesota, Spelman College, Westminster College, and one from Instituto Superior de Ciencias.

*sigh*

that has got to be the most lopsided girl:guy ratio in the whole country :eek:

ps-don't give up hope yet. my buddy was pulled off the waitlist in june last year.

36 were UF undergrads.

*sigh*

I almost stopped by today to do the same thing you did. Thanks for the info.

well dang, thats just a little disapointing....

I just went by the dental school myself to see the lucky 82 and one of the 82 had been removed. It was right from the middle of the locked display case. No joke, so I assume the dental will be calling someone Monday.

I just went by the dental school myself to see the lucky 82 and one of the 82 had been removed. It was right from the middle of the locked display case. No joke, so I assume the dental will be calling someone Monday.[/QUOTE

Thanks Envirodentist for the information!! anybody get the lucky call? :) :luck: :luck:

JB, Lemon, and Ms. Dentista,
I just went by the dental school and the open spot I saw yesterday has been filled. Sorry guys.

maybe some more spots will open up when the people who are holding multiple deposits have to make a choice.....:)

There are two spots left in the 2011 dental class. I went to U of F on Monday to shadow a current student and Patty told me that there were two spots left in the dental class. They will know the final class in May because the way AADSAS works an accepted student can have multiple deposits for a few schools. So once those people finalize their decisions there could be a couple of spots open in the class.

hey, hows everyone doing? anyone have any new information??

got the application ready for next month, waitlist looks dead so i'm not worried about it anymore.

I believe some people included in the 82 pictures posted for the UF Dental Class of 2011 have placed multiple deposits, so they are still not sure of whether or not the class if filled as in "filled forreal" meaning the people that put down deposits will actually be going to UF.

I spoke with a person at the front desk of Sposetti's office. He said they will know by the end of May if the class is full or not (waitlisted people included).

ChronarchB, I am feeling you about the dead waitlist......getting ready to reapply, and retake the DATs....besides doing that and taking some grad courses I don't what else to do to improve my app, so hopefully that will be enough!

Good luck all!!!:luck: :luck: :luck:

Any news guys???

ps-I am graduating in 6 days!:D

I just got an e-mail this week reminding me that I was still on the waitlist, I forget what it said exactly, but it sounded like they would be contacting some of us shortly. Anyway I'm reapplying, so good luck guys

Give it hell you guys, you'll make it.
-C