1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

University of Hawaii

Discussion in 'Ob/Gyn' started by dkwyler94, Apr 14, 2004.

1. dkwyler94

dkwyler94 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am in the process of looking into residency programs. On paper, the UofH program looks good. I have talked to some people there and it sounded pretty good. I was wondering if anyone out there in cyber-land has any first hand experience with this program? Thanks
    David

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. purple

purple Junior Member

dkwyler 94--
    Have you found out any other info about the U of H program? I agree that it looks good on paper. I heard a rumor that after doing a residency in Hawaii it is hard to get a job on the mainland. Have you heard that? Is that BS?

4. dkwyler94

dkwyler94 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I decided to go ahead and do an out-rotation this fall at UofH. I talked to some people there including calling L&D and getting their opinion. As far as getting a job afterwards, I find it hard to believe with the shortage developing. It seems to be a good program and I think most areas, if you are board certified, that will be good enough for most people.

David
    P.S. I will post something on scutwork when I am finished with the rotation. That won't be until the end of the year.