dkwyler94

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 13, 2002
Status (Visible)
I am in the process of looking into residency programs. On paper, the UofH program looks good. I have talked to some people there and it sounded pretty good. I was wondering if anyone out there in cyber-land has any first hand experience with this program? Thanks
David

purple

10+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2004
Status (Visible)
dkwyler 94--
Have you found out any other info about the U of H program? I agree that it looks good on paper. I heard a rumor that after doing a residency in Hawaii it is hard to get a job on the mainland. Have you heard that? Is that BS?

dkwyler94

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 13, 2002
Status (Visible)
I decided to go ahead and do an out-rotation this fall at UofH. I talked to some people there including calling L&D and getting their opinion. As far as getting a job afterwards, I find it hard to believe with the shortage developing. It seems to be a good program and I think most areas, if you are board certified, that will be good enough for most people.

David
P.S. I will post something on scutwork when I am finished with the rotation. That won't be until the end of the year.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.