University of Hawaii

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dkwyler94

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of looking into residency programs. On paper, the UofH program looks good. I have talked to some people there and it sounded pretty good. I was wondering if anyone out there in cyber-land has any first hand experience with this program? Thanks
David

Members don't see this ad.

dkwyler 94--
Have you found out any other info about the U of H program? I agree that it looks good on paper. I heard a rumor that after doing a residency in Hawaii it is hard to get a job on the mainland. Have you heard that? Is that BS?

I decided to go ahead and do an out-rotation this fall at UofH. I talked to some people there including calling L&D and getting their opinion. As far as getting a job afterwards, I find it hard to believe with the shortage developing. It seems to be a good program and I think most areas, if you are board certified, that will be good enough for most people.

David
P.S. I will post something on scutwork when I am finished with the rotation. That won't be until the end of the year.