University of Houston Application Thread

Started by bank
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Hey guys I was just wondering if anybody who interviewed on the 11th of march got a acceptance letter yet 🙂








TTUHSC Accepted 👍 Undecided
A&M kingsville : Accepted 🙄
UH Interviewed : Waiting 🙁
 
Last edited:
Yeah,
I am wondering too anyone from the 11 march interview got accepted yet?
Kinda worried because they have a history of responding in 2 weeks...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah I interviewed on the March 11 as well and was expecting the same thing. It seems that the earlier interviews heard back in 3 weeks whereas the more recent one have heard back in about 2. They said it would take 4-6 weeks which is incredibly long.
 
Yeah I interviewed on the March 11 as well and was expecting the same thing. It seems that the earlier interviews heard back in 3 weeks whereas the more recent one have heard back in about 2. They said it would take 4-6 weeks which is incredibly long.

for those of you guys who have not heard back anything....they responded back to me in exactly 5 weeks ....telling me that i was waitlisted...so what ever y'lls status is you guys will get a email...in that time frame too ... good luck
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3/11 interviews.. there is still hope!! I think the emails are still going out. Because I just got my email this morning 10am.. my last name starts with a J.

good luck to everyone 🙂
 
Does anyone know about the waitlisting process? Someone told me that U of H only puts up to 30 people on a waitlist. Also does anyone know if it's possible to find any statistics on like 2010 # of people waitlisted and how many people refused their acceptances, if that makes sense?

Can you tell I want to throw up out of nervousness? 😱
 
This is my first post ever on SDN (despite creeping here for many years). I had my interview on March 16th and I just received my acceptance e-mail about an hour ago! 🙂

However, it's quite... awkward getting that kind of e-mail on April Fools' Day.
 
This is my first post ever on SDN (despite creeping here for many years). I had my interview on March 16th and I just received my acceptance e-mail about an hour ago! 🙂

However, it's quite... awkward getting that kind of e-mail on April Fools' Day.

Lol you are hilarious! but CONGRATS on getting in! :hardy:Imagine if someone fake declined to UH CoP today... and then went APRIL FOOLS!.. yeah the adcom probably wouldn't want them anymore +pity+
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I have decided to decline my offer to attend UH COP today. This is a top tier pharmacy school and I really like Houston, and I know that anyone who goes to school at UH will bet a quality education and be very happy.

So to all of those who are waiting for a spot, one has just opened up. 😀

To the UH COP class of 2015, good luck! 👍
 
Does anyone know about the waitlisting process? Someone told me that U of H only puts up to 30 people on a waitlist. Also does anyone know if it's possible to find any statistics on like 2010 # of people waitlisted and how many people refused their acceptances, if that makes sense?

Can you tell I want to throw up out of nervousness? 😱


I was wondering the same thing. I can't find last year's admissions statistics. Also, how many people are waitlisted to UH? When is the last interview session and when will the final admission decisions go out?
 
I have the same question as above. I havn't heard anything at all from the school yet. All I know is that they are interviewing through May.
 
I have the same question as above. I havn't heard anything at all from the school yet. All I know is that they are interviewing through May.

I met with Mr. Ely last week. He told me the interviews would go till end April. He did not give me any more information than that.
 
Yea, they are still doing interviews. I have mine tomorrow morning!

Have you decided on a school yet?

Good luck to everyone interviewing. I still haven't heard from UH either. Kind of sucks cause my best friend goes there and it would have been nice to have a chance to interview. It's all good though.
 
Have you decided on a school yet?

Good luck to everyone interviewing. I still haven't heard from UH either. Kind of sucks cause my best friend goes there and it would have been nice to have a chance to interview. It's all good though.

Hey Nervous, I still haven't decided on a school. I have it narrowed down though. I declined TAMU Kingsville and accepted Texas Tech. I am trying to make a decison on UIW but I belive I may end up declining them. I just can't justify all the extra tuition. I am really hoping to hear something back from UH, it is my number one choice for many different reasons.

When I was at my inteview, I was told that they were going to be doing some more interviews, but I'm not sure how many more. Good luck, I hope you hear good news soon.

Velvet, I'm sorry to hear that but closure is nice to have. Look on the bright side, you will be going to pharmacy school no matter what!
 
AHHH, the anticipating and waiting is killing me. Hopefully, Mr. Ely was only exaggerating when he said the processing could take 4-6 weeks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those of us that interviewed on April 8th....

I know it has only been almost 2 weeks....but I feel like this wait is taking FORVER!!!!!:whistle: