University of Illinois, Chicago Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RoSieCheEks18

Pre-pharmacy
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received an invite for their supplemental yet? Right now I'm not sure if I didn't qualify for the invite, or they're just extremely slow...

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't received an invite, but I have from other schools. I think they're still working on it.

Has anyone received an invite for their supplemental yet? Right now I'm not sure if I didn't qualify for the invite, or they're just extremely slow...

UIC just sent me the supplemental via email. They send a supplemental application to any applicants that meet their minimum GPA requirements.

Members don't see this ad :)
UIC just sent me the supplemental via email. They send a supplemental application to any applicants that meet their minimum GPA requirements.

Same here. Just got the email from UIC this afternoon.

Don't worry about not receiving an invite for supp if you have your GPA is over 2.75 and I'm sure you do. ;)

got mine in the mail too. pheww! i was getting a little worried lol

what all is entailed for the supp material? essays? and how much is the supp app fee?

Hmm I see they got rid of the download link for supplemental app and made it invitation only. How exclusive! Can the supplemental app be filled by pen only? Or do they provide you with a download link so you can fill the PDF file by typing?

you need to fill it out on the computer... I remember reading that in their faqs somewhere.

Hi there,

I remember I have read many times here that:

Do NOT send in your supplement app until your Fall grades are ready.

Someone please confirm this.

Thank you very much.

what all is entailed for the supp material? essays? and how much is the supp app fee?

No essays, just your personal information and courses, activities, etc. (like what you have done on PharmCAS). Yea i know, no points for doing this. Do they really look at your PharmCAS application?:rolleyes:
Well, i guess it's all about for the money. $40 if your U.S citizen and $50 if your international student.

Hi there,

I remember I have read many times here that:

Do NOT send in your supplement app until your Fall grades are ready.

Someone please confirm this.

Thank you very much.

Confirmed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think homeslice is incorrect .You might want to call UIC to confirm this as UIC has changed to rolling admission

Oh so before they do not have 'rolling admission'? Really? :rolleyes:

Oh so before they do not have 'rolling admission'? Really? :rolleyes:

Hmm, that sounds sarcastic. If you don't believe me, ask the school. Yes, this is the first official year that they are doing rolling. Before they had an official deadline and they would would interview and accept after the deadline had passed. Now, they accept on a rolling basis. When you actually do some research through the school and find out I'm right, come back and apologize:p

Actually, no i change that. Don't do any research with UIC, trust homeslice, and allow me and others to have the advantage over you of early application submissions with the rolling process. lol!

Last edited:
I think homeslice is incorrect .You might want to call UIC to confirm this as UIC has changed to rolling admission

you are partially correct

UIC does not have rolling admissions per se but they do grant people early interviews provided they finish all their pre-reqs before the fall term. If you already did all your pre-reqs before the fall term, then you can submit the supp before your fall grades. last year was the year they started this process but I believe less than 20? were granted early interviews. these interviews occured either in november or december, and they find out their decisions a few weeks later.

for people who have not finished their pre-reqs, they need to wait for their fall grades; these people would be part of the "general" admission process. interviews for general admission take place in the week of spring break

Last edited by a moderator:
@nexus14
UIC did do a sort of practice rolling admission last year but it started full-blown rolling admission this year. I went to a admission's meeting in July 2010 this came right out of Paula Fleming's and Dean Agard's mouths. The admissions process has changed at your school.:)

@ Smiles425,
I think you may misunderstand me from that question when I said 'really'. I'm sorry if that upset you anyway. I know that I do not have much information about UIC Pharmacy School, that's why i was asking you. Thank you very much for your input and everything. *peace*;)

@ nexus,
I emailed the school and they said I may submit my supp before I have my fall grades ready. I think they do rolling admission this year (and it's not 'early admission' though). Thank you for your consider and answer though. :)

Oh I'm sorry, My mistake uyen, didn't mean to be rude. I'm glad you got everything figured out. Good luck with your application! Maybe I'll see you there one day. UIC is my #1 choice!!!

@nexus14
UIC did do a sort of practice rolling admission last year but it started full-blown rolling admission this year. I went to a admission's meeting in July 2010 this came right out of Paula Fleming's and Dean Agard's mouths. The admissions process has changed at your school.:)

thank you for the heads up! i should stop by the office of student affairs to verify everything you said. if only i had time! tip: if you go to UIC, be prepare for october. there's about 6-7 exams in that month alone! (but no exams in november until finals week:thumbup:)

I have a question for you guys. Please help.

My August PCAT score is 49. I'm re-taking it in October and expect it would be much higher (say 80).

My question is,
Should I wait until I have my Oct PCAT score in order to send in my supp application? I know it's rolling basis but will they even give me an interview with 49 pcat?
All I mean is, which one is better? send it supp now (consider 'early') or wait until they have my improved pcat score in (maybe the end of November)?

Much appreciated for any comments.

@nuduo

Again check with UIC so your not getting all your info off the studentdoc network, but I was told at the admission's meeting that if you submit/mail a PCAT score, that's it. They will not allow you to update your PCAT score. So, for example, if you get a 40 on the PCAT and send in your pharmcas stuff and supplemental, they will not update your pcat score in their records if you take the October test. Crazy, I know, but that is the understanding I am under.

@nuduo

Again check with UIC so your not getting all your info off the studentdoc network, but I was told at the admission's meeting that if you submit/mail a PCAT score, that's it. They will not allow you to update your PCAT score. So, for example, if you get a 40 on the PCAT and send in your pharmcas stuff and supplemental, they will not update your pcat score in their records if you take the October test. Crazy, I know, but that is the understanding I am under.

http://tigger.uic.edu/htbin/codewra...ospective_students/admission_requirements.php

PCAT
Take the PCAT (Pharmacy College Admissions Test) prior to e-submitting on PharmCAS. All applicants must take the version of the PCAT offered starting June 2007 or after. Scores must be submitted directly to PharmCAS (Code 104), not to UIC.
If the PCAT has been taken multiple times, the best overall set of subscores/composite will be used in the review process. PCAT scores must be in place on PharmCAS for an application to be considered complete and get a full review.

still, you should call and double check.

Has anyone heard anything?

Yes I have- I got invited for an interview a couple weeks ago. The second email said they will contact me in the "near" future to schedule a date.

I contacted them on Tuesday and I was told they're still getting faculty to commit to interviewing but that those that were offered an interview should find out within the next few days.... so maybe tomorrow we'll get more info?

I contacted them on Tuesday and I was told they're still getting faculty to commit to interviewing but that those that were offered an interview should find out within the next few days.... so maybe tomorrow we'll get more info?

Good luck with your interview. When I interviewed last year, it sucked because the person I interviewed with had no relationship to the school other than she was a recent grad. I was hoping to be interviewed by a faculty member or someone with actual input on the admissions committee. Just be wary that you might not get a faculty member.

Good luck with your interview. When I interviewed last year, it sucked because the person I interviewed with had no relationship to the school other than she was a recent grad. I was hoping to be interviewed by a faculty member or someone with actual input on the admissions committee. Just be wary that you might not get a faculty member.

Huh? Really? :eek:

It really depends.. they reach out to many different people related to the college to interview you. The person who interviewed me was someone who did Tb research in the college and taught some of the lectures P1 year.

How long after you submitted your supplemental application did you get notified you would be interviewed?

How long after you submitted your supplemental application did you get notified you would be interviewed?

I got an email invitation about 1-2 weeks after they received my supplemental application. I still have not received an email with a scheduled date for the interview.

Hey guys! I just received an email today that said my application review was complete but they are going place it in a holding pattern and review it with the next bunch of applications. I actually already graduated, but there was one prerequiste class that I need to retake because I got a C- in it, so I'm retaking it during the spring semester at my local community college (btw, it was due to an illness, which I've explained in my personal statement). I'm hoping that this doesn't ruin my chances of getting an interview. :xf: And good luck to everyone who is interviewing within the next month!

Same here, I got put on hold. I don't think they were too impressed with the grades that I got during my sophomore year.:laugh:

Hey, anyone who is doing their undergrad at UIC, please PM me (if you would like), I am interested in talking to students who are currently enrolled there. Thanks!

This is what I got today:

"Congratulations, your file is considered complete and will be fully reviewed by the Admissions Committee over the next few weeks."

For those who said to be "put on hold", is that what you got or something else?

This is what I got today:

"Congratulations, your file is considered complete and will be fully reviewed by the Admissions Committee over the next few weeks."

For those who said to be "put on hold", is that what you got or something else?

That just means they received your supplemental application. I got that email about 2 and a half weeks ago. So they are just going to start to review your application to decide whether or not to give you an interview invite.

I am interviewing the 30th

Hey, anyone who is doing their undergrad at UIC, please PM me (if you would like), I am interested in talking to students who are currently enrolled there. Thanks!

Send me a PM. Did all 4 yrs of undergrad at UIC.

I was placed in the "holding pattern" as well, seems to be a trend. We'll see what happens :(.

I'm thinking about applying to UIC, but one person told me that they really emphasize pharmacy tech experience. Is this true?

I'm thinking about applying to UIC, but one person told me that they really emphasize pharmacy tech experience. Is this true?
Not really. What's important for them is that you at least showed some sort of effort to get experience in a pharmacy setting.. so this can include volunteering at a hospital pharmacy, as well. They know how hard it is to get a tech job; they just want to see some sort of initiative on the applicant's part to get first-hand experience.

I myself had difficulty finding a tech job, so I volunteered over the summer at a hospital pharmacy.

YAY! I just got an interview invite! :D The anxiety was killing me!!! For those of you curious about the time frame, I turned in my supplemental Nov 4, and received an invitation (date and time TBA) this morning, Nov 16.

YAY! I just got an interview invite! :D The anxiety was killing me!!! For those of you curious about the time frame, I turned in my supplemental Nov 4, and received an invitation (date and time TBA) this morning, Nov 16.

Congrats on the invite! Do you mind sharing your stats?

i just want to make sure: does the supplemental application have a fee? if so, how much?

I went on UIc's site and couldnt find anything in regards to the cost of the supplemental application.

thx

I am interviewing tomorrow. I am hoping someone from today will post about their experience!

does anyone know if UIC will consider the most recent grades? I have faced health problems (I will point it all out in my personal statement) and had to repeat several courses several times to get a better grade. For the most part I got them all to be A or B, despite a few C's.

any info would be appreciated as UIC is one school on my list...

does anyone know if UIC will consider the most recent grades? I have faced health problems (I will point it all out in my personal statement) and had to repeat several courses several times to get a better grade. For the most part I got them all to be A or B, despite a few C's.

any info would be appreciated as UIC is one school on my list...

Yes, they look at all of your pre-pharmacy work. the repeated course does not replace your old course; it is all averaged on the supplemental and you must meet or exceed the minimum GPA requirement before they consider you

oh, and these are some stats that are probably not listed on pharmcas.

they were retrieved from the uic pharmacist magazine, v34, no.3 (sorry engl professors, i forgot how to do proper APA citations)

class of 2014 was selected from a pool of 1,371 applicants.
chicago enrollment 157
rockford enrollment 39
women 128**
men 68
age range 20-49
out-of-state students 40 (there were 4 in 2009***)
foreign students 4
**yeah, for us guys, the odds seem good but a lot of people are already in committed relationships. don't want to be a home wrecker...

***my opinion: i believe that out-of-staters have a better chance of getting in since the out-of-state pool isn't that big. i say a large large majority of applicants are illinois residents. i don't think many people outside of illinois bother applying to UIC.

I really want to go UIC for pharmacy school, but I am not in-state. Can someone comment on how hard to get in as an out-of state applicant? Here are my stats:

GPA:3.33 (3.55 for the last 2 years), BA in chemistry and business expected Dec 2010 from Carnegie Mellon
PCAT: 92(Math:95, Biology:96, Chem:90, Verbal:77, Reading:58)
1.5 years of volunteering in hospital pharmacy
Some research experience in malaria