University of Illinois Chicago COP class 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What's the difference between the holding pattern and the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got accepted today, and I was interviewed exactly one week ago. They seem to be replying a lot faster.

I just got accepted today, and I was interviewed exactly one week ago. They seem to be replying a lot faster.

Congrats! :) just got an offer today too. I interviewed exactly a week ago so that was really fast

Members don't see this ad :)
What's the difference between the holding pattern and the waitlist?

Right now, everyone who didn't get accepted or declined is on the holding pattern. If you still don't get an offer before all the interviews are done, then you will placed on a wait list with a number. That's all I know. Hope it helps..... I know several people that have gotten an acceptance after they were placed on the holding pattern this cycle.

Anyone on the hold list hear anything back yet? Last year many people got pulled off the hold list within a week and it seems like not a lot of people have been put on the hold list this year.

I know a few people that have been pulled off this cycle so I guess they will pull more people off every time they meet

Learning to let go is a big step in life, and oftentimes it can be painful.. UIC is an amazing institution, but it was just not a practical choice for me and I officially declined my acceptance today :(

HOWEVER! I know that some awesome person will take my seat instead. Good luck! ;)

This is my first contribution but I have been monitoring this thread for a few weeks now. I just want everyone on here to know I am grateful for their advice! Got my acceptance email today!

Jan 6 - Submitted supplemental application
Jan 28 - "UIC Step 2 - Admissions Committee Review"
Feb 10 - "UIC Step 3 - Admissions Interview Invitation - Chicago Campus"
March 5 - Interview
March 11 - "UIC Step 4 - Admission Offer - Chicago Campus"

GPA: 3.2 (2.78 on PharmCAS because of F's I received a while back)
PCAT composite: 92
Little shadowing experience. A bit of community volunteering. A lot of extracurricular activities.

Right now, everyone who didn't get accepted or declined is on the holding pattern. If you still don't get an offer before all the interviews are done, then you will placed on a wait list with a number. That's all I know. Hope it helps..... I know several people that have gotten an acceptance after they were placed on the holding pattern this cycle.
they pulled up students from holding pattern this year? i thought they have not respond anyone this year after putting on holding pattern post interview.

I think the point of the holding pattern is so the admissions committee can have flexibility to do what they want before making the wait list. Until everyone is interviewed, they don't know exactly what the entire applicant pool is like, but as more people are interviewed they get a better idea. They could accept you at any time, but I think most people in the holding pattern don't hear anything back until everyone is interviewed. After that time, probably early April, those still in the holding pattern will get a specific number on the wait list.

they pulled up students from holding pattern this year? i thought they have not respond anyone this year after putting on holding pattern post interview.

Yes, I personally know two people that got an acceptance after they were placed on the holding pattern. I think majority will hear back after interviews though

I just got my acceptance email and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a facebook group for admitted students I could join etc?

I got accepted into Rockford campus. Is there anyone else who got accepted to Rockford? I'm looking for housing but I'm totally lost... :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Were we supposed to send in an updated copy of the prerequisite form once fall grades came out? Cause I submitted mine in November and probably just put "in-progress".

Thanks!

Were we supposed to send in an updated copy of the prerequisite form once fall grades came out? Cause I submitted mine in November and probably just put "in-progress".

Thanks!

No. you only needed to do the academic update through pharmcas and resend your transcript through pharmcas that would include the fall grades.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got accepted after being on holding pattern! There is hope!!! :)

PharmCAS Application submitted 12/21/13

supplemental application submitted 1/9/

interview invitation 2/27

interview 3/4

holding pattern 3/12

accepted 3/24

What is the best way to find housing close to the campus?

I just got accepted after being on holding pattern! There is hope!!! :)
Also got pulled from holding pattern!
PharmCAS Application submitted 12/21/13

supplemental application submitted 1/9/

interview invitation 2/27

interview 3/4

holding pattern 3/12

accepted 3/24

Hey, are you guys going to accept the offer? I was also pulled off the holding pattern. I clicked on the link to the acceptance form, but it shows an older date on there (2/14/14). Not sure if they're supposed to update on that form...
Are you guys going to use that form anyway? That's what I was planning on doing.

Hey, are you guys going to accept the offer? I was also pulled off the holding pattern. I clicked on the link to the acceptance form, but it shows an older date on there (2/14/14). Not sure if they're supposed to update on that form...
Are you guys going to use that form anyway? That's what I was planning on doing.

I'm thinking maybe thats because that was the first date of when admissions offers were sent so yeah I'm gonna use it anyway. I am accepting the offer! So excited

Yes, I will accept it.

I think when you print it out, it will change to current date automatically.

I'm thinking maybe thats because that was the first date of when admissions offers were sent so yeah I'm gonna use it anyway. I am accepting the offer! So excited

Don't Click the link. Use save as

If I am declining my offer, do I still need to send it via Fedex or UPS?

If I am declining my offer, do I still need to send it via Fedex or UPS?

I just declined my offer too. Just used United States postal services. They recommend fedex or ups but you don't have to use it

does anyone know the percentage of students that get matched into residency/find retail jobs/hospital jobs/other upon graduation?

Has anyone who interviewed late March heard back from them yet? I interviewed on 3/22 and haven't heard back yet. :(

I checked my email/spam and there was nothing. Does this mean I'm on the holding pattern?
Just give them a call. It won't hurt.

The email telling me to submit my supplemental was "missing" for no reason. Fortunately I found out and they sent it to me again.

Just give them a call. It won't hurt.

The email telling me to submit my supplemental was "missing" for no reason. Fortunately I found out and they sent it to me again.

Oh gosh. Thanks! Will do first thing on Monday. :feeling anxious:

I checked my email/spam and there was nothing. Does this mean I'm on the holding pattern?
I'm sure they will let you know either way - accepted, on hold, the other decision we won't speak of. It wouldn't hurt to give them a call on Monday if you haven't heard anything by then...that's what I was gonna do before I got the email.

I'm sure they will let you know either way - accepted, on hold, the other decision we won't speak of. It wouldn't hurt to give them a call on Monday if you haven't heard anything by then...that's what I was gonna do before I got the email.

I'm new at this, but what do you say when you call? Do you ask them when you might hear back?

I'm new at this, but what do you say when you call? Do you ask them when you might hear back?
Yes, let them know when you interviewed. They told us it could take 2-4 weeks, but that it would probably be much sooner. So I would ask if there was any way you could get an update on the turnaround time for decisions. They might not be able to give you a definitive answer over the phone, but maybe whoever you talk to could let the Admissions Committee know that interviewees are waiting more than 2 weeks...Perhaps it will help get a quicker response. Just don't be impatient or overanxious on the phone :)

I just called and they said they are sending emails everyday. No word on when emails will be fully sent out. Until then... :nailbiting::nailbiting:

Make sure to check your spam folders as well. My supplemental application was sent to my junk folder and sat there for a month before I realized it! All the while I thought that UIC didn't even consider my application, so I was frantic when I discovered it. Best of luck and try not to sweat it too much.....

For current students: Does anyone take the free bus from Union/Ogilvie Station to the UIC Hospital? Is it dependable? Or would you recommend taking the CTA Pink/Blue line?

For current students: Does anyone take the free bus from Union/Ogilvie Station to the UIC Hospital? Is it dependable? Or would you recommend taking the CTA Pink/Blue line?
I am also new and will commute everyday. I don't know the answer, butI know there is an app providing the CTA traffic information real time update.
You can use it to track the the bus and train lines when you get close to Union station to see if it is on time, and make plan accordingly.

Has anyone who interviewed on March 28 heard anything?

Congrats to those who have been accepted into one of the best pharmacy programs in the nation! I will be one of your Peer Advisors this coming year. Just a reminder, please join the facebook group if you are planning on matriculating this coming year. This will make communication a lot easier.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UICCO2018/ <----Please join this general facebook group for both campuses
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1475297436034170/ <----Please also join this group if you are at the Rockford campus

Reactions: 1 user
I was interviewed at the end of March too, haven't heard any reply yet. Should I call to ask them?

I interviewed the 28 and I called and asked and they said the committee is going to meet on the 21st. So we will get the emails on the 22 or 23

I interviewed the 28 and I called and asked and they said the committee is going to meet on the 21st. So we will get the emails on the 22 or 23
Thanks! Having a date helps :whistle: