University of Iowa Dental Interview Class of 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gone for an interview and could describe how it went?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Received an invitation to interview this morning, scheduled to interview November 19th. Can't wait!

Did everyone get an email with supplemental fee request? About how long after submitting? Does everyone get it or is it just for people who get interview invites?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah the supplemental fee was $60 if I remember correctly!

Like Claudia-pre-dent said, is this something everyone was supposed to pay, or was it by invite only for the secondary application?

You only have to pay the $60 fee once you receive an email saying you have been invited for an interview

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else have their AADSAS status change to 'Check Back Dec. 3rd'? Hoping this is a good sign!

Has anyone that may have been deferred heard anything since being notified of that decision?

For those that have interviewed, did you end on time or go past the estimated scheduled time?

Interview #1
School:
Iowa
Notification date: Date
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/1/18
Application complete date: 7/18/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.84, 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/24/21/none
Your interview date: 9/11/18

Just interviewed yesterday - super laid back day. Interview portion was two 15-minute interviews with two different pairs of faculty/students. They made it very low stress so just be yourself and you'll be fine :)

Just interviewed yesterday - super laid back day. Interview portion was two 15-minute interviews with two different pairs of faculty/students. They made it very low stress so just be yourself and you'll be fine :)

Where the interviews conversational or more structured with specific interview questions? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Where the interviews conversational or more structured with specific interview questions? Thanks
There are 2-3 structured questions. Then you have a chance to ask questions. Then when you're done, there are still another 5-6 questions. The remainder 5-6 questions are more conversational than the first 2-3.

My status switched today from invited for interview to received/under review. Has this happened to anyone else?

My status switched today from invited for interview to received/under review. Has this happened to anyone else?

When did you interview? I interviewed at the beginning of September and mine went from 'Invited for Interview' to 'Check Back Dec. 3rd' (this happened a couple weeks after I interviewed) and then to 'Received/Under Review' a couple weeks after that. It has since stayed at 'Received/Under Review'

When did you interview? I interviewed at the beginning of September and mine went from 'Invited for Interview' to 'Check Back Dec. 3rd' (this happened a couple weeks after I interviewed) and then to 'Received/Under Review' a couple weeks after that. It has since stayed at 'Received/Under Review'
I interviewed in early September as well.

I interviewed a month ago and my status has switched from “Invited for Interview” to “Received/Under Review”

Anyone have any insight on the writing exercise for this interview?
You just answer a couple simple (short) essay questions on a computer. Nothing to worry about or prepare for specifically.

I interviewed last Monday and my status on AADSAS is still 'Invited for Interview', has anyone who interviewed this month had their status changed? If so how long after your interview? Dec 3 is just a few days away, best of luck to everyone!

I interviewed last Monday and my status on AADSAS is still 'Invited for Interview', has anyone who interviewed this month had their status changed? If so how long after your interview? Dec 3 is just a few days away, best of luck to everyone!

Just kidding.... my status changed from 'Invited for Interview' to 'Under Review'. Fingers crossed that everyone gets good news, I know y'all are all probably as anxious as I am for next week. Again, best of luck to everyone!

Same thing happened to me! Agh, what does this mean?

Same thing happened to me! Agh, what does this mean?

Not exactly sure, I hope it means the admissions committee is reviewing our application post-interview for an admissions decision. Are you IS or OOS?

Did anyone get an email last week from Mrs. Kowbel saying the dental school is thinking of you "in lieu of the Thanksgiving holiday"?

Accepted! Just got an email.

(Accepted) For a data point, I’m OOS. AADSAS was recently changed to “Check back Dec 3rd”

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Accepted 12:18am, OOS (Arkansas). Couldn't be more excited! Go Hawkeyes

Same! I'm soo excited, probably the best moment this year. Good luck to everyone who's will be hearing back or has already gotten the acceptance!

Has anyone that interviewed in November heard anything yet?

Has anyone that interviewed in November heard anything yet?

I interviewed in November and received an acceptance email early this morning, my status on AADSAS was 'Under Review' until this morning. Hope this helps, best of luck to everyone!

Does anyone know if they send out emails or call later in the day?

Does anyone know when scholarships will be given out?
Should start sending them out within the next couple weeks based on what they said at the interview and posts on here from previous years. Should be sent out before the deadline to accept admission on Jan 1

How many acceptances were sent out on Monday? Has anyone made a class facebook page yet?

Should start sending them out within the next couple weeks based on what they said at the interview and posts on here from previous years. Should be sent out before the deadline to accept admission on Jan 1
Thank you!

How many acceptances were sent out on Monday? Has anyone made a class facebook page yet?

So I work in the COD and if I’m not mistaken, one of the docs that I work for who is on the admissions committee said there’s about 75 sent out for OOS, IS I have no idea

Hey everyone, I would like to start a Facebook group or social media group of some sort for everyone who is going to Iowa to connect and ask questions, I need at least one other person to make the group

Reactions: 6 users
Does Iowa offer scholarships/has anyone gotten any info on that in their acceptance packages?

Has anyone received their offer packet yet? I am planning to wait until the offer packets to arrive before making a decision. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone received their offer packet yet? I am planning to wait until the offer packets to arrive before making a decision. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on Facebook said they received a scholarship yesterday from Mrs. Kowbel. I am waiting before I make a decision, too, and I'm wondering if the scholarships are only awarded to those who have committed already?

I created a Facebook group called University of Iowa - Dental Class of 2023 for all those who want to join, it is a closed group but just request to get in and I'll be happy to accept

Status
Not open for further replies.