University of Iowa Dental Interview Class of 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone received their offer packet yet? I am planning to wait until the offer packets to arrive before making a decision. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are asking for a scholarship offer, the answer is yes. I received a call yesterday and an email today.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Someone on Facebook said they received a scholarship yesterday from Mrs. Kowbel. I am waiting before I make a decision, too, and I'm wondering if the scholarships are only awarded to those who have committed already?
Oh interesting, I did pay my reservation fee...

I created a Facebook group called University of Iowa - Dental Class of 2023 for all those who want to join, it is a closed group but just request to get in and I'll be happy to accept.
Can you please copy the link here? I don’t know why I can’t find the group on Facebook

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news of a second wave of acceptances? Last year's second wave seemed to be at around this time.

Does anyone know how many seats are not filled yet?

Does anyone know how many seats are not filled yet?
Not really sure, but supposedly they were interviewing people recently (I have a friend at the school). For what it's worth, the class FB page only has like 30ish people in it.

Not really sure, but supposedly they were interviewing people recently (I have a friend at the school). For what it's worth, the class FB page only has like 30ish people in it.
Thank you!

Did anyone's decision status show "none" in AADSAS? I haven't been checking it daily, but I'm pretty sure the change was a recent.

Thanks.

I was deferred back in Sept. but my status has been 'Received/Under Review' the whole time. Did you interview there? If so, could be a good sign that a decision is on the way.

I did interview at the end of August. Haha, let's hope it's good news, then. Either way, I will keep y'all posted!

Thanks!

My AADSAS status now reads "Waitlisted". HawkID admission decision still says "in progress". Maybe we'll hear back tomorrow.

EDITED: Just kidding, just saw the email from Rachael Kowbel about being waitlisted. Finger crossed for the future!

Last edited:
Accepted from the waitlist! Still recovering from the shock of this good news.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted from the waitlist! Still recovering from the shock of this good news.
Congrats! In state or out of state? And will you be accepting the offer?

Last edited:
Thank you! I am OOS and almost certain that I will accept the offer. Have you heard any news?

Best of luck!

As a separate question for those admitted earlier, did the HawkID "Admission Decision" take several days to change? I still haven't been able to pay a deposit. Dankie!

Can anyone tell me about the written assessment? I only just found out about it by reading this thread.

And if you have any tips for the interview I would love to hear them!

Can anyone tell me about the written assessment? I only just found out about it by reading this thread.

And if you have any tips for the interview I would love to hear them!
We were given a computer and a couple prompts to pick from to write about. They keep it fairly relaxed and the prompts are straight forward. Nothing to stress about or prepare in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.