University of Kentucky Class 2018 Application

Started by KanTuck22
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I'm applying to UK early decision. Most of my application is done but I haven't even thought about my personal essay yet.. 😕 & I just took the PCAT yesterday. What about you?
 
I e-submitted my application 2 weeks ago. Pharmcas said they will not start mailing applications until August, but they didn't say when. UK is my 2nd choice, im excited.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an email yesterday from UK saying that they received my PharmCAS application!
 
My PharmCAS application has been mailed but my supplemental application still hasn't been linked to my PharmCAS account. Is this the same for anyone else? My supplemental application was submitted on 7/27.
 
btTXyMG.jpg

😀😀😀
 
I got my email too about them receiving my supplemental application and the interview dates! Crossing my fingers!
 
I just submitted my PharmCAS application this past Monday and the supplemental application this past Friday. I'm so relieved to be done with the process, but now the stress of a potential interview is starting to set in!
 
It's a little over a week away before they send the first emails out for interviews? Anyone else going crazy with anticipation?!
 
It's a little over a week away before they send the first emails out for interviews? Anyone else going crazy with anticipation?!

Sadly, it will be a while longer. The September interview dates were cancelled this year. According to Clay Arnold, the school needed more time to prepare for the interviews since they've now switched to the MMI (Multiple Mini Interviews) format; the first interview dates will be in October.
 
When did he say this? That's strange since the email specifically stated that interviews begin in September. They just changed the format a couple years ago...
 
So I emailed Danielle Johnson and she says that it is true about the "multiple mini-interviews." They have moved the interview dates to early October, so all interview dates listed are no longer valid. I don't know when in early October however....
 
I'm assuming the emails would be sent out either Friday or Monday for the two October interview dates. I am so nervous!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Received an email last night that said all interview invitations will be sent by the end of the day on Tuesday the 24th!
 
I received a call this morning from Danielle around 9:30PST, as well as an email interview for either 10/05/2013 - or 11/22/2013, if the October 2013 interview was too soon of a notice for me to plan on.

The deadline to reply is tomorrow at 8pm EST. So hopefully you guys hear something tomorrow morning!!
 
I am getting more and more nervous by the second. I just keep wondering how late in the day they will send them, like before their office closes or later.
 
Well, it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one who is still waiting.
 
I just checked the Facebook page and Danielle Johnson posted that additional interview invites are going to the sent out over the next two days........I honestly think I am going to have a heart attack lol
 
Just a thought...cubpanda said she received her invite yesterday. Maybe UK gives out-of-state applicants an earlier notice b/c they have such a far way to travel. And cubpanda said told her that she has until 8 p.m. today to respond. Maybe UK is waiting until 8 p.m. before sending out invitations, because if these out-of-state applicants don't respond, they can offer these empty spots to in-state applicants. I honestly don't know, I'm just over thinking it at this point, lol

I think you are right, I thought that too. I haven't heard or spoken with any in-stater who has received an email yet.
 
I received a call this morning from Danielle around 9:30PST, as well as an email interview for either 10/05/2013 - or 11/22/2013, if the October 2013 interview was too soon of a notice for me to plan on.

The deadline to reply is tomorrow at 8pm EST. So hopefully you guys hear something tomorrow morning!!

Hey,
Congratsss on the interview !!! Would you mind sharing when you applied, your gpa and pcat score.

Thanks
 
Hey,
Congratsss on the interview !!! Would you mind sharing when you applied, your gpa and pcat score.

Thanks

Thank you!!! 😀 And sure! I finished my supplemental last week (9/17/2013) after receiving an e-mail stating the "if you submit before 09/18/2013, your application will be considered for the Oct 5/7 interviews". I think that what everyone said above is true - they sent out-of-state students an email (or at least I got an email) stating they are looking to increase their "diversity" of out-of-state residents, so I think the seats left were given preference first to out-of-state applicants.

My GPA is 3.22, science- 3.02? 3.06?, non-science 3.40
PCAT score - 93 percentile. All my sciences were above 90s and my Verbal was 68, RC 58.
I have a bachelors as well and lots of extracurriculars, so that might have helped with my lower-end gpa!
 
From what I have read, I think there are plenty of seats left because Danielle stated it will take 2 days to make the rest of the decisions. Also, in regards to preference being given to out of state students, in every open house I have ever been to, the admissions director has always noted that preference goes to in-state. It is true that they like diversity, but roughly 80% of students in each incoming class are in-state.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I have read, I think there are plenty of seats left because Danielle stated it will take 2 days to make the rest of the decisions. Also, in regards to preference being given to out of state students, in every open house I have ever been to, the admissions director has always noted that preference goes to in-state. It is true that they like diversity, but roughly 80% of students in each incoming class are in-state.
On PharmCas, it also stated that most applicants are accepted from in-state. From last year, only about 35 seats out of the 200 or so were offered to out-of-state applicants. But, it seems that, for the interviews given Oct 5, Oct 7, they were hoping to have more out-of-state applicants apply.
 
Thank you!!! 😀 And sure! I finished my supplemental last week (9/17/2013) after receiving an e-mail stating the "if you submit before 09/18/2013, your application will be considered for the Oct 5/7 interviews". I think that what everyone said above is true - they sent out-of-state students an email (or at least I got an email) stating they are looking to increase their "diversity" of out-of-state residents, so I think the seats left were given preference first to out-of-state applicants.

My GPA is 3.22, science- 3.02? 3.06?, non-science 3.40
PCAT score - 93 percentile. All my sciences were above 90s and my Verbal was 68, RC 58.
I have a bachelors as well and lots of extracurriculars, so that might have helped with my lower-end gpa!

I think you may have misinterpreted it a little. They usually extend invites to out-of-state applicants before in-state in order to give them more time to make proper preparations, as you agree. However, if they said they wish to increase the diversity of out-of-state applicants I would take that to mean that of the people who are applying out-of-state, they would like to increase the areas in which they are coming from (e.g. California). I don't think they are looking to reduce the percentage of in-state students in their program- that was a big selling point for them.

I also don't agree that they were filling the final slots with out-of-staters. As I said, I think your invitation was extended first and now I believe that there are plenty of invitation spots open which will be extended to the many in-state qualified applicants over the next two days.
 
I think you may have misinterpreted it a little. They usually extend invites to out-of-state applicants before in-state in order to give them more time to make proper preparations, as you agree. However, if they said they wish to increase the diversity of out-of-state applicants I would take that to mean that of the people who are applying out-of-state, they would like to increase the areas in which they are coming from (e.g. California). I don't think they are looking to reduce the percentage of in-state students in their program- that was a big selling point for them.

I also don't agree that they were filling the final slots with out-of-staters. As I said, I think your invitation was extended first and now I believe that there are plenty of invitation spots open which will be extended to the many in-state qualified applicants over the next two days.

I completely agree. They would never do that to their in-state applicants. They have always stated in-state is huge for them. I also believe they would never give out-of-state priority in ED interviews especially given that most out-of-state applicants are more likely to choose more local schools.
 
I am seriously having an internal battle over whether to email Danielle and ask if the majority will be sent today or tomorrow. I have a Organic Chemistry 2 test today and I can't focus :S
 
Do you guys know of anyone locally that got an invite yesterday or today? I'm curious as to how many seats are left.
 
They said they would give us two weeks notice and they cancelled the September dates, so surely they've had plenty of time to review applications! 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad