University of Louisville Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone!! I'm also in the 2011 UofL class, I can't wait to get started. Does anyone know how far it is to drive to school from highlands? Including traffic times?

I'm sure it wouldn't take more than 10 min if that...i guess it depends on what part of highlands. In some areas you could probably ride a bike. It would be nice to live there...I'm looking in the crescent hill area which is still considered highlands area i think, not for sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey ashleyjessie, I thought you were going to UK?

so i will be there in july..who is this binx do i know you?? i am also looking in crescent hill area for a 1 or 2br

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an apartment in east Louisville, and I agree it is a better side of town than the west. It would take about 20 mins to get to school, but it's worth it.

Hey y'all!

I'm so glad someone on our Blackboard thread told me about this site.

I'm new to SDN, and I'm going to go to U of L in the fall! I'm so excited to get to know everyone! I'm originally from Louisville, but I'm not currently living there. I can't wait to move back and get started!

Have a great day everyone! :p

Rockstar917 :cool:

There has been talk on other forums as far as getting tablets vs. laptops for med school, I was just wondering what all you guys were thinking? Im kind of disorganized and think tablets would be good for lecture notes, but there definitely more expensive

I grew up in the eastern end of Louisville, but haven't lived there for about 8 years...also a member of the class of 2011...

For those looking at apartments in east end, note that there are other good ways to get into downtown from Zorn/Crescent/Highlands. Don't know how they are during rush hour (haven't lived there for a while), but River Rd./Brownsboro/Frankfort/Lexington/Bardstown/Baxter all also lead downtown pretty close to school (TARC also runs these routes and is free for UL students I believe).

You can't go wrong in any of those neighborhoods. My wife and I will be moving into the Highlands in July. See you all soon!

hey, im goin to uofl in the fall, should be a lot of fun, i live in lou, and went to uofl, and just thought i could share some info, the big thing goin on right now as far as construction is they are doing a lot of stuff with i64 starting in july they are closing down a large portion of the highway close to downtown, i dont know for how long but if your plannin on living out east you may want to check in about that first, a couple good places to live are either the highlands or places on mellwood, highwood, river oak, river hill(about 7-10 min drives with no highways needed)

Off the current subject, but certain to be the focus of much hype this coming school year... anyone on the ball enough to get student tickets for football or basketball?

I'm currently waitlisted but plan to make any home games that aren't in major conflict with coursework...any class of '11 UofL sports fans out there?

Just wondering if anyone is going to be attending housing day?? Has anyone found a place to live and if so can you give me some names of rentals?

yeah, im a big ul fan, they have allready had the student lottery for the tickets and werent giving away to first years, so i got mine from the ticket office about 2 weeks ago

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody,

I am so excited about starting med school at Louisville. I am already in town because I am doing a research now and will doing the pre-matriculation program in July. I live in St. Matthews and take the bus in everyday. It's not that bad, but I cannot wait to get my car. So post on here so that we can get to know one another before school starts. Does anyone know how I can get UofL football tickets.

I'll be doing the pre-matriculation program also and I can't wait to get started. Has anyone pre-ordered their books yet?

Great someone else to keep this thing alive. Anywho, its great to hear you will be doing the pre-matriculation program. How do you preorder your books. Is that a good idea, since sometimes you can get the books of second-years for way cheaper, and they can even tell you which books are useful or not.

I have heard from ALOT of third years to wait on books, and get advice from second years..alot of times a book isn't even needed... what about everyones financial aid? Have you gotten it yet? I am still waiting.

IBM27AKA to look at the books you can check out cardinaldocs2010.com. They also have scrubs and nitrile gloves. I don't know if I would do it or just get books cheaper from second year students like you said. Hey ashleyjessie how is your pre-matriculation at Glasgow going?

I got my financial aid about 2 weeks ago. The books and supplies website is great. It got really excited. I have to try really hard not to pre-order. I think I will pre-order the supplies and wait on the books.

Another pre-matriculater here... Just 2 more weeks, and I have not even started packing:) Looking forward to meeting y'all soon.

I think there would be a good number of people in the pre-matriculation program. It would be nice to see you all in 2 weeks. :thumbup:

Does anyone know where or what builiding we are supposed to meet for the prematriculation program next week?

Does anyone know where or what builiding we are supposed to meet for the prematriculation program next week?

Hey Jayzi40,
We are supposed to meet at the HSC (Abell Admin Center) Room 110 at 9 am.

Good luck to all of you accepted for the fall '07!! :thumbup: