University of Malta, Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Coming from Brighton, I'm half Maltese with quite abit of family over there.

Members don't see this ad.

Who on here is going to Malta to take the exams on 18th August?

Did any overseas applicant get accepted without having to take the exams?

I'll be in Malta on the 18th!

Who on here is going to Malta to take the exams on 18th August?

Did any overseas applicant get accepted without having to take the exams?

I'll be in Malta on the 18th!
Hey, I can see that you are a Dual Citizen. So which country will you be travelling from? Are you Maltese citizen too?

Members don't see this ad :)
New to this forum but I am going to Malta next month to sit the exam..Is anyone finding the organic chemistry section of the syllabus for it really really difficult.. There doesnt seem to be enough to cover everything they have set out..or am I alone in thinking ths

New to this forum but I am going to Malta next month to sit the exam..Is anyone finding the organic chemistry section of the syllabus for it really really difficult.. There doesnt seem to be enough to cover everything they have set out..or am I alone in thinking ths

I found the organic chemistry section is very comprehensive, especially given the fact that we only were given a little over a month to prepare for organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, and biology.

Do high school students study organic chemistry at that level in the UK & Malta? The level that seems to be expected of us for this test is something that is exclusively university level in the US, and Malta says that an A-level chemistry book is adequate.

Last edited:
I found the organic chemistry section is very comprehensive, especially given the fact that we only were given a little over a month to prepare for organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, and biology.

Do high school students study organic chemistry at that level in the UK & Malta? The level that seems to be expected of us for this test is something that is exclusively university level in the US, and Malta says that an A-level chemistry book is adequate.

Its all A-Level stuff, nothing more, in the UK this was all covered when your 16-18.......there is nothing on it past A-Level.....im finding it very comprehensible and it has been years since i have touched chemistry, but it all seems to be flooding back now! an A-Level book from the UK will be your best bet if you havent covered this stuff before.....good luck with the revision!!

Same situation in Ireland, I never studied anything beyond aldehydes and carboxylic acids in high school. It just seems way too much, I think I will have to do inorganic really well and just do basics for organic, I dunno will it be enough to pass but there is no way I will cover everything they have set out. I have e mailed asking for more info about structure of exam etc.. but they havent replied, not surprised, it seems they have a reluctance to reply to enquiries from potential students! Best of luck with study anyway

I hope this might be useful. I have received a letter from Malta, saying that I have been offered a place on the conditions of 2Bs in A2 chem and bio, and a B in AS physics. However, they said that ot must be achieved in one session of examinations, which is a bit confusing for me. So I guess I wont need to sit any entrance tests. Btw I have just finished my A levels in the UK. Anybody has similar experiences? Fingers crossed :s. Best of luck for all of you guys :)!

I hope this might be useful. I have received a letter from Malta, saying that I have been offered a place on the conditions of 2Bs in A2 chem and bio, and a B in AS physics. However, they said that ot must be achieved in one session of examinations, which is a bit confusing for me. So I guess I wont need to sit any entrance tests. Btw I have just finished my A levels in the UK. Anybody has similar experiences? Fingers crossed :s. Best of luck for all of you guys :)!

I received an email asking for my Advanced Placement (AP) Examination results, probably the American equivalent of A-levels. But I went to a bad public high school which did not offer any AP courses, so I did not have the opportunity to take any AP exams, otherwise I would have taken them.

I also left high school in 2005, and have finished a Bachelor's Degree in Biology. I'm not too sure why they're asking about my AP results....

The whole one sitting thing I think relates to you sitting your exams in the 2 year time period.....so u can resit a unit as many times as u want in that time frame, however, the final grade must be made in those 2 academic years, so u will need to cash in ur results come august.....and damnnn that is one low offer!! well done!! dont know why i need to do this exam with a PhD but oh well.....x

Does anyone have the correct answers for the Chemistry sample test?
So far I got:
1.A 11. E
2.A 12. A
3.E 13. E
4.C 14. D
5.A 15. B
6.C 16. B
7.E
8.C
9.C
10.D

It would be very helpful if they sent us an answer key. :s

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
You know what? Lets just hope for the best. :D

Last edited:
Does anyone have the correct answers for the Chemistry sample test?
So far I got:
1.A 11. E
2.A 12. A
3.E 13. E
4.C 14. D
5.A 15. B
6.C 16. B
7.E
8.C
9.C
10.D

Okay, since I am still wondering, How did you arrive to this conclusion?

Does anyone have an answer key to chem paper.. or does anyone know why sulphuric acid isnt used in the cyclohexane exp (Q43).. PLEASE. Im at my wits end trying to figure out answers to questions 43-46!

Hi everyone, how's things? Glad to find some people who are sitting for the test on 18th Aug in Malta. I've just graduated with a 2.1 Biomedical Sciences degree from Leeds and will be going to Malta on 18th for the test.

Just wondered how you are getting on with things? Are you travelling alone? Its quite expensive to get there and none of my friends are willing to go there so I'll be going alone! Just wondered where you guys were staying and if we all should meet up. I'm flying from Manchester on 16th or 17th and will be returning on 20th or 21st so will be there for about 4-5 days.

Let me know guys, we could actually have a nice holiday before we finally get an offer and spend 5 years of our lives there :D I'm excited, but revision's not going that well though :p

Hi everyone, how's things? Glad to find some people who are sitting for the test on 18th Aug in Malta. I've just graduated with a 2.1 Biomedical Sciences degree from Leeds and will be going to Malta on 18th for the test.

Just wondered how you are getting on with things? Are you travelling alone? Its quite expensive to get there and none of my friends are willing to go there so I'll be going alone! Just wondered where you guys were staying and if we all should meet up. I'm flying from Manchester on 16th or 17th and will be returning on 20th or 21st so will be there for about 4-5 days.

Let me know guys, we could actually have a nice holiday before we finally get an offer and spend 5 years of our lives there :D I'm excited, but revision's not going that well though :p

Hey, I'm going alone too. Coming from the US, but I'll be flying to Malta from the UK (Edinburgh) on the 16th. I'm looking for people to meet up with. Feel free to send me a private message (that goes for anyone on here who wants to meet up any time before the exam).

Hey, I'm going alone too. Coming from the US, but I'll be flying to Malta from the UK (Edinburgh) on the 16th. I'm looking for people to meet up with. Feel free to send me a private message (that goes for anyone on here who wants to meet up any time before the exam).

Hi, I have just joined this forum, how i just found it i dont know! lol!
anyway, i will also be a lone soldier going to malta on the 18th, and I dont mind meeting up before or after the exam. I kinda want to experience Paceville as Ive heard nothing but good things about it so if anyone is game let me know (obviously after the exam, Chemistry pre-hangover is bad enough! lol)
I'll be flying out on the 17th and staying in Sliema at the Plaza (was cheap on laterooms!!) so let me know if any of you are staying around or want to meet, otherwise I'll see you at the exam!! Good luck!!

Hi everyone,

If anybody wants to meet up prior to the exam on August 18th let me know. I'm going to be flying in from the UK a couple of days early. I've got a facebook, send me a private message and give me your info, I'll add you as a friend.

Cheers

Last edited:
Cool, I have contacted some of you, but feel free to PM me! I'll be flying on 17th and returning either on 20th or 21st. Hoping to meet some people, check the uni and place out and may be have a quality night out after the exam. Let me know who else is up for it! I live in York by the way :D

Cool, I have contacted some of you, but feel free to PM me! I'll be flying on 17th and returning either on 20th or 21st. Hoping to meet some people, check the uni and place out and may be have a quality night out after the exam. Let me know who else is up for it! I live in York by the way :D
Hey l m also goin to sit the exam in Malta. I am also coming alone and would like to join you guys. Inbox me ur details so l can add you on facebook.

Hey l will be flying to Malta on the 17th and would like to meet up. Are you on facebook??

Exam is in 15 days time. Yay! I just want to get it over and done with really. My head is so full of Chemistry and Biology!

Really curious to see how many people are sitting this exam.

Exam is in 15 days time. Yay! I just want to get it over and done with really. My head is so full of Chemistry and Biology!

I'm going to guess about 20. Simply because it sounds like only the people holding degrees already have to sit it, even though that sounds kind of backwards.

I think there are about 8 people on this forum who have said they're going.

I'm defo going and i know 3 others who are...so that makes us 4 and you as well so 5 at least :D

Hello Malta everyone

Anyone travelling from Manchester on the 17th - plane friend???

Hello Malta everyone

Anyone travelling from Manchester on the 17th - plane friend???

I'm flying from Edinburgh on the 16th and staying at the Plaza Regency in Sliema. Where are you staying?

Anybody traveling from Edinburgh on the 16th?

I'm flying from Edinburgh on the 16th and staying at the Plaza Regency in Sliema. Where are you staying?

Anybody traveling from Edinburgh on the 16th?

Hi, I'm flying from Edinburgh on the 16th too- haven't booked a hotel as yet.
Flying back into Prestwick on the 21st. Is anyone else staying out for a few days?

I've had 9 days notice to prepare for this exam (which came up in the middle of my holiday I had booked- so I've re-scheduled my flights) so i just hope it's not a wasted journey!!

Last edited:
Hello all, just letting you all know I'm flying from Manchester on 17th early morning and returning to Prestwick (Glasgow) on 21st late night. And, I'm staying around Buggibba area. How about you lot? How's your revision going? Mine's going terrible :oops: Feel free to PM me so we can add each other on fb :)

I thought Chemistry went alright. Biology I am extremely confident about. Decision time next week!

any idea when the letter of acceptations are sent? and also is there a limited number of students that will join the course? jus out of curiosity how many potential international students would there be for the first year?

I've just got an e-mail saying I have an interview for malta! I am so pleased that I passed Biology and Chemistry.

I've just got an e-mail saying I have an interview for malta! I am so pleased that I passed Biology and Chemistry.

I got an interview too!

September 7th!

What time is your interview?

Not to embarrass anybody, but did anybody not get an interview? Feel free to private message me if you're not comfortable posting it on here.

Thanks!

I'm curious as to how many people got interviews!

i got an interview as well on the 7th!! :D PM me people and ill add u on fb!! :D x

Hi! Its nice that someone else has an interview. My interview is quite early in the day. Were are you from? I am from the UK. How did you find the exams? I went to malta and fell in love with the place, I met so many lovely people who sat the exam. About 50 people sat the exam, I am curious to see how many are at the interview. So far its just us 2 (as far as I know).

I was told I had to do the exam, then they said I just had to do the interview on the 7th. Anyone else had that?

I was told I had to do the exam, then they said I just had to do the interview on the 7th. Anyone else had that?

so have you done the exam or have the just asked for u to do the interview without an exam?

I am still waiting to hear from them so im in such a nervous panic

I didn't do the exams, was stressing over them, then got an email on the 4th saying I didn't have to do them due to A level marks and my degree but still need to have an interview.

I didn't do the exams, was stressing over them, then got an email on the 4th saying I didn't have to do them due to A level marks and my degree but still need to have an interview.

You are soooo lucky!!! Good luck hun!

Apparently some rejections have already been sent out today. Some people have already received rejections.

yeah a few of the people who i met out thier recived rejections, its so unlucky, as they did ok in bio but chem destroyed them! tough luck.....but for all those that didnt get in, i hope u guys have luck elsewhere and dnt give up!! :D x

As Medic750 said, good luck to those who didn't get in. I hope you don't give up. You could always re-apply in November as well. Chemistry seems to have thrown a lot of people off. Oh, and for those curious about what your grades translates to in terms of percentages, I found this on the UoM medical school website:

95% - 100% - A+
80% - 94% - A
75% - 79% - B+
70% - 74% - B
65% - 69% - C+
55% - 64% - C
50% - 54% - D+
45% - 49% - D
0% - 44% - F

What did you get for your A-levels if you don't mind me asking?

For all those who didn't pass the exam(s) keep at it and you'll get in elsewhere, or maybe even into Malta next year! I'm sad that a lot of rejections got handed out because I know that a lot of really good people had sat this exam. I'll miss those of you who didn't make the cut.

For all those who did pass, CONGRATULATIONS! Send me a private message and we can add each other on facebook &/or exchange emails and phone numbers so we can meet up before the interviews.

EDIT:

Anybody flying from Edinburgh on the 6th? (RyanAir)

Last edited: