University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, DPT program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LivnaUSA

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, would anyone be able to tell me about the UMHB DPT program interview process? What is the possible content and structure of their essay? Are their interview questions different from what you've seen from other schools? Current DPT students, how do you like the program?
Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, Have you been accepted? Or did you already done your interview? If yes, please give me some info about your interview session.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, yes, I've been accepted, but chose to go to Texas State, which was my top choice. Saying that, I actually liked UMHB a lot. It's a nice small college, everyone is very nice and friendly. Interview was very straight forward, no gotcha questions, no holier-than-thou attitude that some other interviewers have sometimes.They basically just want to know you. Like really. If you show that you have the ability to learn, can handle stress properly, can communicate with others, can work well in a group of people, which is an essential skill for PT, and can back it all up with some real life stories ("I remember last time I was working in a group, and I...", or "There was a patient, that I found really difficult but I managed to helped him to...") - you are in.
Just google all typical questions (other schools, this forum) and prepare a good answer for each of them, and as I said above - back it up with the real life experience. Also, make sure that you know how to elaborate, because essay portion is basically one of these questions, as far as I know. Mine was anyway.
There is about 30 minutes for the essay, or maybe more (I don't really remember) but plenty fto answer the question and proofread it. You are going to use a word document with auto-corrector (which is awesome cause I always make some stupid ass mistakes).Then they give you self-assessment test but they don't take it into account that much. At least that what the program director told me.
Let me know if you have any more questions. I am a typical ADD person and my mind is all over the place, so if something I am saying sound like gibberish - just ask me to clarify. You are going to do great!

Hello, yes, I've been accepted, but chose to go to Texas State, which was my top choice. Saying that, I actually liked UMHB a lot. It's a nice small college, everyone is very nice and friendly. Interview was very straight forward, no gotcha questions, no holier-than-thou attitude that some other interviewers have sometimes.They basically just want to know you. Like really. If you show that you have the ability to learn, can handle stress properly, can communicate with others, can work well in a group of people, which is an essential skill for PT, and can back it all up with some real life stories ("I remember last time I was working in a group, and I...", or "There was a patient, that I found really difficult but I managed to helped him to...") - you are in.
Just google all typical questions (other schools, this forum) and prepare a good answer for each of them, and as I said above - back it up with the real life experience. Also, make sure that you know how to elaborate, because essay portion is basically one of these questions, as far as I know. Mine was anyway.
There is about 30 minutes for the essay, or maybe more (I don't really remember) but plenty fto answer the question and proofread it. You are going to use a word document with auto-corrector (which is awesome cause I always make some stupid ass mistakes).Then they give you self-assessment test but they don't take it into account that much. At least that what the program director told me.
Let me know if you have any more questions. I am a typical ADD person and my mind is all over the place, so if something I am saying sound like gibberish - just ask me to clarify. You are going to do great!

DID you go to their information session?