University of Maryland Eastern Shore

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmacyrx90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread UMES class of 2016. Is anyone applying here? I sent in my supplemental application this past weekend. Hopefully I am able to get a interview. I like how it is only a 3 year program. Awesome.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I couldn't find a thread UMES class of 2016. Is anyone applying here? I sent in my supplemental application this past weekend. Hopefully I am able to get a interview. I like how it is only a 3 year program. Awesome.

What a coincidence, we may be applying to the same schools!!! What other schools are you applying to? A really good family friend is a professor of pharmacy administration, so I'll for sure be applying here!

What a coincidence, we may be applying to the same schools!!! What other schools are you applying to? A really good family friend is a professor of pharmacy administration, so I'll for sure be applying here!

I am applying all over the nation. 20 schools. I will get into pharmacy school no matter what, money is not a option for me. my goal is to get into pharmacy school and become a successful pharmacist, nothing will stop me from achieving my dream. I will get into pharmacy school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying all over the nation. 20 schools. I will get into pharmacy school no matter what, money is not a option for me. my goal is to get into pharmacy school and become a successful pharmacist, nothing will stop me from achieving my dream. I will get into pharmacy school.

I'm following the same philosophy. I'm going to do my best to get into whatever pharmacy school I can get into. I'm applying to about 17, it's scattered all over the nation also!

I'm following the same philosophy. I'm going to do my best to get into whatever pharmacy school I can get into. I'm applying to about 17, it's scattered all over the nation also!

That's good

Hey everyone, I just interviewed here on the 16th. I'm really excited about this program. Anyone else planning to apply here??

Can someone explain to me how a 3-year program works? Is there still a whole year of rotations?

Hello,

I was interview on Nov 30th and got accepted on Dec 7th. Is anyone else applying or got accepted?

P1 and P2 years are in the classroom-40 hours a week, IPPE (Introductory Pharmacy Practices Experience) rotation for 8 hours every other Tuesday and CIPPE (Concentrated IPPE) during the summer/winter. The last, P3, year consists of 8 5-week APPE (Advanced PPE) rotations. We just started the spring semester this past Monday-had about a 2 week winter break after finishing a 4-week winter term. I'm in the P1 class and last semester we completed 26.5 credit hours; the same is planned for this semester as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted in Nov. but will decline offer. OUT of state tuition is crazy.

If you're in DE, do you know of anyone in Maryland that you could use their address? I know alot of my classmates had to wait a full year once here to switch everything and then get in-state tuition. Plus, it's only 3 years as opposed to 4 elsewhere, so will cutting a year off still cost you more in the long run?

Got my acceptance email this morning :D

This is one of my top choices since it's in state and it's a 3 year program. Still gonna go to my other interviews just in case but I think this might be the school I go to!

Hey anyone accepted and decided to go to this program? Want to discuss possible living situation and stuff if there's anyone going to the school whose interested. PM anytime

interviewed here and was accepted but declined. Too much in the middle of nowhere for me. Don't think I could handle living there for 3 years. Good luck to you all.

interviewed here and was accepted but declined. Too much in the middle of nowhere for me. Don't think I could handle living there for 3 years. Good luck to you all.

I declined my offer too but it was not due to location. I don't think it's in the middle of no where, There is actually plenty to do in the area and Ocean city is only 45 minutes away, you can't beat that!

What going on everybody? I just got accepted today. I am definitely excited and I will be going this coming fall. Anybody else attending???

I am going to have an interview on Friday next week. I have scheduled all other interviews within this and next week because I did not want to pay the deposit that I might lose.

So, how long did it take for them to notify your acceptance after your interview?

I am going to have an interview on Friday next week. I have scheduled all other interviews within this and next week because I did not want to pay the deposit that I might lose.

So, how long did it take for them to notify your acceptance after your interview?

Was aceepted back in november. Took them about 4 to 5 workdays

Congrats to you all who were accepted and accepted your spot. There have been interviews every Friday for the past couple months, and generally it can take 1 week to 2 weeks (from what I've been told from other people who've been accepted) depending upon how much is going on that week.

EDIT: Nevermind, you will be invited once you are accepted

Last edited:
Belkin, on my inter in november, they actually told us to keep the facebook page a secret and not to post it onto public forums. They emailed all accepted applicants with a link to the facebook page so you should have recieved it.

I just got an email stating that I am on a wait-list. I didnt expect but, its not a bad news at the same time. Anybody git acceptance?

I was accepted in January and have decided to attend UMES in the fall! In so excited to meet everyone! Nervous too haha

Belkin, on my inter in november, they actually told us to keep the facebook page a secret and not to post it onto public forums. They emailed all accepted applicants with a link to the facebook page so you should have recieved it.

All right cool cool, I received the email for the facebook page.

is the class full? after that awesome interview it's my top choice

Anyone know if it is possible to get in-state tuition after the first year?

I live in Virginia.... part of DelMarVa. Not sure if that helps or hurts my case.

Last edited:
yes! its possible to get in state tuition after first year. i been to the interview and was accepted today. You must change your driver license and establish resident status through mailing etc. By the way i like your name! Golgo 13 is the best show!!

I just got an email stating that I am on a wait-list. I didnt expect but, its not a bad news at the same time. Anybody git acceptance?

I got accepted in jan. I can tell from the facebook page that the class is not full yet. So don't get discourage.

I sit on the student interview panel most days and they still have 3 or more interviews going on. Don't get discouraged this late in the cycle: if you're wait listed, there is a possibility that other students who accepted at first end up declining their spot when their other first choice schools accept them. One student I know was wait listed for a few weeks and received his acceptance the other day. I don't know the numbers but there are still available spots left in the class. So don't lose hope.
Good luck to you all and I'll see some of you in July!

going to be attending class of 2016 UMES pharmacy looking for a roommate .......hit me up if you interested

Last edited:
going to be attending class of 2016 UMES pharmacy looking for a roommate .......hit me up if you interested

Are you on the Facebook page yet? The page should serve as a way to find other roommates as well. My classmates met each other through there and set up housing after meeting each other a time or two. If you're not on the class page and you've already sent in your seat deposit let me know and I can tell them in the office to send you the invite.

I havn't update my stat. I got accepted and sent a deposit.

Eastern Shore doesn't have Full Accreditation yet;
I've heard from a few pharmacists that you shouldn't attend a school that is not accredited

Will be applying this fall after i take the july pcat, hopefully i only have to take it once

Eastern Shore doesn't have Full Accreditation yet;
I've heard from a few pharmacists that you shouldn't attend a school that is not accredited

Yes, but our accreditation site visit was in April. The school will get the official report by the end of June. The dean was told all was well so far and those of our recent (and first class) graduates who have taken the NAPLEX so far have passed it.

Last edited: