University of Maryland vs NYU: Pre-Med Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andythegolfman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which school has a better pre-med program with the most successful students? NYU or University of Maryland?

Members don't see this ad.

gave up on yeshiva?

gl next year man.

gave up on yeshiva?

gl next year man.

thanks

yea, i pretty much factored yeshiva out. i realized the few factors that were attractive about yeshiva were not really things that i should be looking for in a college, let alone things that decide where i should go. from what i've been told, nyu and maryland are both top notch schools and offer myriad opportunities, both curricular and extracurricular, that would never be available to me at yeshiva. moreover, the things that seemed unique in the beginning about yeshiva, i realized could be had anywhere if i put in the effort and seek them out- something that i'm not only willing but enthusiastic about doing. good luck at washington!

Members don't see this ad :)
your words ring true to me, i think you will be very happy. wherever you do go, enjoy the next 4 years, because your application year will probably suck, (min did until last week).
just to keep on topic, i have friends at NYU and maryland, I would say NYU ppl are happier. also i have met far more NYU people at med school interviews than maryland. past that, look to the real experts (current students/alumni)

there are a lot of premeds at nyu.. but i hear their acceptance rate to med schools is around 80%.

id choose nyu over maryland, but mostly because of nyc. im sure you dont need to be told what a tremendous resource the city is for college students.