University of Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JNew

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I applied to Maryland as a re-applicant and was told in February that they are waiving my need for an interview (I am guessing that was because I submitted the video with my secondary and because I had interviewed there the year before). I did however go to Maryland for the tour of the school and met Dr Meehan in February. I have not heard anything since.
I am just wondering what people think..... at this point is it better that I have not heard anything ( recently a lot of people were rejected) or are the people who are on the wait-list in a better position

Members don't see this ad.

How do you know that a lot of people were recently rejected? I thought that they dont send out rejections until mid-July?

A bunch of people I know told me they received rejection letters in the mail last week

Members don't see this ad :)
A bunch of people I know told me they received rejection letters in the mail last week

oh man that's good news! But had these people interviewed and gotten rejection letters? I would bet not...

I had an interview first week of November and have not been waitlisted or rejected, and my aadsas portal still says "Invited for Interview." I have called them and emailed them multiple multiple times and they are the most generic, stubborn, and cold-hearted answers every single time saying that my application is still under review and i'll know once they make a decision. I'm like no really??????????? They told me today to just be patient and they can't even answer my question when i ask them whether I am in a worse situation being I haven't officially been waitlisted.

did anyone else hear back from Maryland? I had not been placed on the waitlist and was considered under review for about 7 months since my interview, post-interview and just found out i was rejected.

Hey Persian D3ntal. I heard that you were placed on the waitlist and were considered under review for about 7 months since your interview, but just found out you were rejected? Is that just a rumor?

Hey Persian D3ntal. I heard that you were placed on the waitlist and were considered under review for about 7 months since your interview, but just found out you were rejected? Is that just a rumor?

^^what the heck?