University of Miami at FAU information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

albaniandoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview there this month and I was wondering how the experience was for those that have already interviewed there. I have tried to look information up on the web and rarely is the information divided by campus. I was wondering if anyone knows how many students do they interview and how many they accept. If I am not mistaken they only have a class of 35 so I wonder if they are going to interview less people than the Miami Campus.
Any information would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview there this month and I was wondering how the experience was for those that have already interviewed there. I have tried to look information up on the web and rarely is the information divided by campus. I was wondering if anyone knows how many students do they interview and how many they accept. If I am not mistaken they only have a class of 35 so I wonder if they are going to interview less people than the Miami Campus.

I have not been interviewed but I have read on this forum that there will be 64 students accepted, they interview six stuents on an interview day.

I have not been interviewed but I have read on this forum that there will be 64 students accepted, they interview six stuents on an interview day.

Actually, I think it is just 32 again this year. The class size will increase in the next couple of years. This year is different because starting this year, the clinical years will be in Boca Raton and the curriculum will no longer be shared with UMiami main campus. Also, I was down there and there were only 6 students that day, as FloridaMD stated.

Members don't see this ad :)

I imagine they will interview fewer students. That would certainly be logical. The statistics they showed us during the interview day were from last year, and thus combined for both campuses. Sorry that's not more help. They interview once a week, with 6 students per interview, and they will end up with a class size of around 32ish this year, as far as I know. Feel free to PM me with any questions, but I don't have any info for how many they interview and accept (even they might not know these facts at this point, as this is the first year they have had separate admissions!)

Best of luck.

I interviewed there on Sept. 28th and I go to FAU now. There were 6 of us during interview day. They feed you a nice breakfast and lunch. The associate dean, Dr. Markowitz, talks for like an hour about the school then Dr. Rose talks about the curriculum. Then you have an hour interview and then you head over to the simulation place and then to the boca raton community hospital for lunch and a tour. After that it's back to the biomedical building for closing remarks and a survey. Everyone's really nice and the day goes by quickly. Good luck! :) :)

I interviewed there on Sept. 28th and I go to FAU now. There were 6 of us during interview day. They feed you a nice breakfast and lunch. The associate dean, Dr. Markowitz, talks for like an hour about the school then Dr. Rose talks about the curriculum. Then you have an hour interview and then you head over to the simulation place and then to the boca raton community hospital for lunch and a tour. After that it's back to the biomedical building for closing remarks and a survey. Everyone's really nice and the day goes by quickly. Good luck! :) :)

That's great info. Do you know how many students they interview and how many they accept?

Could someone who has interviewed at Boca please tell me what the schedule is like. I need to know what time to schedule my flight out of there. Also, any ideas on how long it takes to get to Fort Lauderdale airport? Thanks in advance.

Could someone who has interviewed at Boca please tell me what the schedule is like. I need to know what time to schedule my flight out of there. Also, any ideas on how long it takes to get to Fort Lauderdale airport? Thanks in advance.

Closing remarks were at 1:45. We got out around 2:15. Not sure about the time to Fort Lauderdale airport, I would mapquest it. I drove down to Miami after the interview, and there wasn't much traffic, so i wouldn't pad mapquest all that much.

Congrats on the interview.

What hotel did you guys stay in?

anyone anyone?

I'd give it about 45 minutes if you leave around 2:30. If you wait until rush hour it'll be a solid hour and a half...

good luck

What hotel did you guys stay in?

Boca Raton Plaza Hotel and Suites. It's a motel a few minutes away. Solid. Got the job done.

I had my interview at UMMSM-FAU on Thursday. It was an awesome experience. I loved everything about the program and the students were very receptive. We toured the hospital and the school.
I can't say enough good things about it. Definetly top notch also a top choice for me.
Good luck to future interviewers.