University of Miami Class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cmm540

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received my acceptance letter for University of Miami DPT program and couple of weeks ago and I just sent in my deposit. I am so excited to get started and to move down to Miami!! I just wanted to know if there are any other people that have decided on UM yet :)

Members don't see this ad.

When was your interview? I'm waiting to hear from them. I just had my interview on Jan. 20th. I got accepted at Wheeling but I really, really want UM!

Members don't see this ad :)
Cmm540:

I interviewed there on December 2nd, but I haven't heard from them. I think they just completed their last round of interviews so they should be deliberating right now. I hope to join you. Congratulations on your acceptance. What were your stats?

Kevin

I interviewed back in November. Here are my stats...

Degree: BS in Nutrition from NYU
GPA: 3.7
GRE: 1100

I also had a ton of experience in the PT field. I have been volunteering for PTs since high school so maybe that helped as well.

Good luck to you guys, hope to see you all in a few months! If you get in definitely post a reply!!

Interviewed Jan 20th, received email acceptance Jan 27th.

Congrats!! Have you decided if you will be going to Miami or not??

Hi Graphyte,

I was interviewed on the 20th as well but have not heard back from them. What's your real name?

I interviewed back in October and got an acceptance in November. Just sent my second deposit in, so I'll definitely be down there in May.

Walrus--see you in May!!! I am beyond excited to move down there to sunny Miami and the program looks great. I'm moving from NYC so I have a bit of a trek but I'm looking forward to the change of scenery. Are you from the FL area or are you coming from far away?

I am currently an undergrad at UMiami and was accepted into the DPT program about 3 weeks ago.

Already secured my spot! Can't wait!!!! :)

good news, there will be a spot opening up. I ended up picking Columbia over Miami, unfortunately. Good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all- I just committed to University of Miami for the DPT program :) I'm looking to meet some fellow class mates and possibly find a roommate. Any one else looking for roomies?

I will be looking too! I think we get a list sometime next month of everyone in our class. I am soooo excited :) where are you coming from ncrunner? I'm going to guess NC haha but ya never know

I just accepted one of the graduate assistant positions for gross anatomy so I'll see yall in May. Welcome to the University of Miami!

I just received the e-mail yesterday of my acceptance into UM DPT! So excited! unfortunately i wasn't home today to get the actual letter but im looking forward to being down in Miami in May!

Yep- Coming from North Carolina, I'm graduating from Appalachian State University on May 13th... then starting class on the 16th- its gonna be nuts! Where are you coming from? My name is Kelsey Hanger btw if you want to facebook me

I sent in my deposit last week! I am very excited and also looking for a roomate!

Kelsey--Wow! That is a very hectic schedule for you. Jumping from school to school, no break for your brain! I graduated NYU in 2010 and took a year for post bacc work and then a few months off to travel. But I think I would rather go straight through because I think my brain is going to be in shock once we start school haha I'm friending you now! My name is Cristina Martorelli

VCU--congrats! sending in that deposit feels so good doesn't it? Miami is so close I can taste it :) Where are you coming from?

I'm coming from St. Ambrose University which is in Iowa but Im originally from Illinois. I graduate the 12th so my schedule will be hectic like yours too but I'm looking forward to it. My names Nicholas Hauge by the way.

Hey everyone! I received my decision letter from Miami today, and I was told I have "alternate status". I have emailed the admissions committee accepting alternate status, but I was wondering if anyone knows anything about being waiting listed and how the process works. I called admissions, but the gentleman was unable to tell me my wait list number or the number or people on the "list". Does anyone have any advice or know anything about alternate status at UM?
Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I'm also attending UM for DPT, class of 2015! Can't wait to meet all of you!!!:)

We should get a facebook group going of our incoming class.

Hey Nicole! Can't wait to meet you and the rest of the class!! Im not sure if I remember correctly but I think UM sets up a fb page and will send out the class roster sometime this month. Does anyone else remeber something like that? Also, what's your name and what school are you coming from so I can find friend you on Facebook? I'm already friends with Kelsey and Nicholas so you an find them through me as well!

Yes, UM will likely set up a private group for your class. There's also a UM PT Current Students group you can try and use to connect with other incoming students.

Hey. I'm Nicole Siegel. I apparently am really bad at finding people on facebook because I wasn't able to locate you guys who gave out your full name lol And I thought I was good at tracking people down...darn. I'm graduating from The University of Florida May 5.

Hey Nicole, my Facebook skills must be slacking because I can't find you anywhere :( my name is Cristina Martorelli I should be in the NYU network, can you find me or no luck?

Hmmm we are failing lol I joined the University of Miami Department of Physical Therapy network so maybe that will help? Nothing came up when I put in NYU.

My facebook skills must be lacking too because I can't find you either Nicole...I think I joined the university of miami network as well but I'm not entirely sure

Haha okay now I'm determined to figure this out.

Any possible networks of mine

University of Florida '12
University of Miami Department of Physical Therapy
The Orthopaedic Institute
Lake Brantley High School
Longwood, Fl
Gainesville, Fl

I must be really bad at facebooking because I cant find anyone! hahaha my name is Lauren Simpkins.

Hey Lauren, I think I found you but for some reason FB doesn't give me the option to friend request you. I don't know if it's part of your privacy settings...I'm assuming you are in the VCU network?

Try me one more time. Cristina Martorelli NYU network, just changed my settings--if this doesn't work Im at a loss for ideas

Cristina! I may have found you. Check your inbox...if you don't see anything then I messaged a random person lol

Ohhh no, I think you messaged a rando. Hahaha Too funny! I remember when finding pple on fb was easy, I don't understand why it's so difficult now! For the future, I have a glowstick around my head in my profile picture and I'm standing in the middle of a parking lot with mountains behind me in my cover photo. Oh well! I'll keep trying to find you and the others, fingers crossed!! I can just be patient and wait til UM sets up the 2015 page but I'm way to excited for patience.

I changed my privacy settings so maybe that will work!

Hey everyone!! I will also be joining you all at the University of Miami and am looking for roommates as well! My name is Stephanie Hiser so search me on facebook!! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Hey everyone!! I wish I had seen this sooner! Can't wait to meet everyone in May, I'm coming from U Pitt so I cant wait for some Miami sun. Where are you guys looking for apartments? Have a friend graduating this year she gave me a few good suggestions. Looking for roommates, add me on facebook - Carly Gossard. so excited!!

hey guys! i chose UM also - i'm so excited i can't wait to meet all of you!!! my name is Rebecca Manning and i went to Penn State - on facebook i'm under Rebecca Brielle - i may have to change my privacy settings i'm not sure if i'll show up but i'll try to find u guys too!

Hey Rebecca! Having a hard time finding you. You can try to find me (Cristina Martorelli) in the NYU or Holmdel High School networks or maybe try to change your settings. Hopefully ill be your friend soon :)

hey cristina! thanks for letting me know - i think i found you and just sent ya a friend request!

Hey everyone,

I just got accepted today. I'm still deciding between schools but am about 95% sure I will end up at UM this May! I am moving down from Chicago and am looking for a roommate as well so hopefully they send out a facebook group at some point to make this a little easier. Excited to meet you guys.

Best,

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

Glad to hear the good news you got accepted into UM! Good luck with your decision. I'm actually moving down from Rockford in May after graduation. Hopefully we will get a facebook group soon. My name is Nicholas Hauge if you want to friend request me. Some of us from this forum are friends and have a conversation going. Hope to hear from you soon!

Sounds great, I just friended a couple of you on facebook. I have a buddy in law school at UM who just sent me some good info about where to live so i'll make sure to send you guys that stuff if you want.

Aaron

Choose UM Aaron! Whats your last name so we can find you on facebook? I'm Nicole Siegel :)

Hey everyone!
I just heard this week that I got into UM. So happy!!! I'm still deciding though. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pick UM but I'm having a hard time deciding between my alma mater and UM. : - /
Very excited though!
-Katie

Katie, defintely UM!!! bc we are the coolest people around..which school is your alma mater?