University of Miami

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I did get into one of my top choices, so I'm thrilled about that. I'm just curious on why there's such a long delay in regards to hearing back from UM. If they're going to reject us, they should just reject us sooner so we're not left wondering in the dark, thinking that we still have a chance.

Congrats!! I know, I'm wondering the same thing and feel the same way. Why are they torturing us?!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!! I know, I'm wondering the same thing and feel the same way. Why are they torturing us?!

I hope you have other options in regards to schools as you wait and hear back from UM.

I hope you have other options in regards to schools as you wait and hear back from UM.

Members don't see this ad :)
I do, they just have a lot of opportunities in Sports Med which is what I want to do. Thanks, you too!

I do, they just have a lot of opportunities in Sports Med which is what I want to do. Thanks, you too!
I was waitlisted there. Do any of you have opinions on going to an in-state public school vs a private school? Benefits vs. Withdrawals? I have gotten waitlisted at my top schools, and well just want to be ready to decide if I am accepted to make a decision.

Best of luck getting into your top schools! Sending positive thoughts.

Has anyone on the wait-list received an acceptance to UM?

Has anyone on the wait-list received an acceptance to UM?

I had been wait listed at UM and was accepted about 2 weeks ago and I think they are still accepting off the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 user
I had been wait listed at UM and was accepted about 2 weeks ago and I think they are still accepting off the waitlist!
They should be! I just took back my acceptance on 4/1 so they should be taking at least one more

Okay, that's good to hear they are still accepting. I guess the time crunch is the only thing that's hard to think about. If anyone out of state does get accepted off the wait-list, then they only have a few weeks to move and find a place. Congrats and good luck to whomever got accepted to Miami, it is an amazing school =]

Hey Bgr13, when they accepted you, did they let you know what number you were on the waiting list? By the way, congrats!

Okay, that's good to hear they are still accepting. I guess the time crunch is the only thing that's hard to think about. If anyone out of state does get accepted off the wait-list, then they only have a few weeks to move and find a place. Congrats and good luck to whomever got accepted to Miami, it is an amazing school =]

That's my issue being out of state, it is definitely a time crunch! But it can be done. Good luck to you and I hope you get accepted off of it!

Hey Bgr13, when they accepted you, did they let you know what number you were on the waiting list? By the way, congrats!

Unfortunately they did not. I just received a call asking if I was still interested in attending the program and that they had a spot available for me. And thank you so much I was definitely thrilled! Good luck to you! Maybe try e-mailing them and they might be able to tell you your spot on the waitlist?

Unfortunately they did not. I just received a call asking if I was still interested in attending the program and that they had a spot available for me. And thank you so much I was definitely thrilled! Good luck to you! Maybe try e-mailing them and they might be able to tell you your spot on the waitlist?

Great to know that it was a phone call and not an email! I've been checking my email non-stop. I've emailed them, however they told me they could not give me that information. I'll just keep holding out for that phone call! Thanks so much!

Hey, one more thing if you don't mind. About what time of day was it when you received the call from Miami?

Members don't see this ad :)

People are still being added onto the UMPT 2019 page, I wouldn't worry too much about being out of state and finding a place, because most of us on the page are still looking for a place or asking who needs a roommate :) Good luck guys!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for keeping us updated! The waiting game is so stressful, would anyone by chance know roughly how many students UM accepts for the class?

Thanks for keeping us updated! The waiting game is so stressful, would anyone by chance know roughly how many students UM accepts for the class?

I am also on the waitlist. When I called, they said they accept 60 students and said "while we don't have information on waitlist rankings, assume that you're in the top 10." So, it sounds to me like the waitlist is pretty short. The waiting game definitely stinks though!

I am also on the waitlist. When I called, they said they accept 60 students and said "while we don't have information on waitlist rankings, assume that you're in the top 10." So, it sounds to me like the waitlist is pretty short. The waiting game definitely stinks though!

When they said "assume that you're in the top 10," did they specifically mean you? Or were they speaking in general for everyone on the list?

When they said "assume that you're in the top 10," did they specifically mean you? Or were they speaking in general for everyone on the list?

I didn't tell them my name because I've called to ask about my ranking probably 45823452642345 times. So they must have been speaking in general (unless they knew my number on caller id or something, which I doubt would be the case). Seems like a 10 person waitlist wouldn't be very realistic though, so I'm not sure...

Yeah that is a small list! It would mean that pretty much everyone on here who commented is on the wait-list. We have 4 more weeks to find out, so fingers crossed! Does anyone know how many students are on the FB page? Atleast that gives us an idea of approx how many open seats are left.

I didn't tell them my name because I've called to ask about my ranking probably 45823452642345 times. So they must have been speaking in general (unless they knew my number on caller id or something, which I doubt would be the case). Seems like a 10 person waitlist wouldn't be very realistic though, so I'm not sure...

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear! Well I guess that means we all have a fighting chance! I've called about the same number of times and I'm pretty sure they know my number by heart if they have caller ID.

Yeah that is a small list! It would mean that pretty much everyone on here who commented is on the wait-list. We have 4 more weeks to find out, so fingers crossed! Does anyone know how many students are on the FB page? Atleast that gives us an idea of approx how many open seats are left.

There's 53 people on the FB group including Jhelene, so technically 52.

15 days left everyone! I'm getting so anxious!!!

Does anyone have any updates on getting accepted or acquiring new information about the alternate list?
Or how many people are now in the Facebook group?

15 days left everyone! I'm getting so anxious!!!

Does anyone have any updates on getting accepted or acquiring new information about the alternate list?
Or how many people are now in the Facebook group?

I'm on the same boat as you. Just waiting anxiously. I know some students got offered acceptance a week before classes started last year, so just waiting on if other students will withdraw their decisions. Good luck tes7!

I'm on the same boat as you. Just waiting anxiously. I know some students got offered acceptance a week before classes started last year, so just waiting on if other students will withdraw their decisions. Good luck tes7!

A week before classes?? AHHH! So unfair haha. However, it is way better than not getting in at all! I wish you the best of luck as well!

Has anyone started their FAFSA just in case you are accepted? If so, what year did you put (i.e. 2015-2016 or 2016-2017) due to Miami starting in May?

Any updates anyone? On how many students are on the FB page or waitlist information? Thanks

I was wait listed as well, but have not heard anything as of yet. Best of luck to everyone and keep your hopes and determination high (It is SO hard, but you're gonna be a PT- so you got this!)

3 more days left for whatever chances we have! Has anyone heard back?

Still waiting as well.

Does anyone currently accepted have an update on how many people are in the FB group?

While it does say in the 'Alternate List' email that they will notify us by approximately May 6th, I know that a student was accepted last year only two or three days before orientation. According to a director that I spoke with at a different school, it isn't uncommon for people to drop out right before the program starts. So keep your hopes up!

Reactions: 1 users
It's the 6th, I still have not heard anything. Has anyone else?

Have not heard back yet :( if anyone hears back let us know! I'm assuming we will hear back on Monday the 9th, that'd be cutting it close to the summer session may 16th!

Don't lose hope!

Last edited:
I just called UM, and they said if you did not hear back Friday May 6th, just assume the class is full and students on the waitlist will have to apply next cycle. They may or may not send out a formal decision, so I guess that's it guys :/

The person on the phone said if you got an interview and were put on the waitlist you're headed in the right direction, maybe strengthen some parts of your application for next year.