University of Michigan Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I feel like I totally bummed the interview . I really needed more time to come up with a good answer...
It definitely was a short time to read, comprehend, and articulate a well-developed and complete answer. I think everyone is in the same boat.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It definitely was a short time to read, comprehend, and articulate a well-developed and complete answer. I think everyone is in the same boat.
I agree... I even had a hard time finding the word I want in my head! :(

Does anyone know what the virtual school visit looks like? It looks like just a bunch of presentations with a short Q&A session at the end.

Members don't see this ad :)

Please don't feel discouraged!!!! D4 here (on the interview admissions committee) and we are not only judging you on the answers. There's so much we are looking for with these new video prompts. MMI is tricky to do virtual, but also hard in person so don't be so hard on yourselves. We are also looking at these KNOWING how these don't reflect the "normal" interview environment. Our admissions committee is made of a ton of good people and you are all doing amazing :)

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions about Michigan!

Go Blue

I just found out that UMich students have a 8-5pm 5 days a week work week and I was wondering if anyone knew how students avoid burnout. It seems really intense.

D4 here - feel free to PM me with any specific questions. But we avoid burnout with lots of weekend fun :) Biggggg sports cultre and hopefully post-COVID world will return to normal. Ann Arbor is such a fun city, great restaurants/bars/nature to take a look at. Yes first two years are rapid fire 8-5 but you're going to get that at any dental school. D3/D4 year much more laid back, you choose your schedule/schedule your own patients and slots. For example, Pre-covid days I only went in 3 days a week and took most mondays and fridays off. Best of luck in this interview cycle!

Any tips to help the virtual MMI format feel less strange & impersonal?

Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: 1 user
Please don't feel discouraged!!!! D4 here (on the interview admissions committee) and we are not only judging you on the answers. There's so much we are looking for with these new video prompts. MMI is tricky to do virtual, but also hard in person so don't be so hard on yourselves. We are also looking at these KNOWING how these don't reflect the "normal" interview environment. Our admissions committee is made of a ton of good people and you are all doing amazing :)

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions about Michigan!

Go Blue
Thank you! I feel a little bit better now, cause this is my first choice if I get accepted! Loved the school!

Thank you! I feel a little bit better now, cause this is my first choice if I get accepted! Loved the school!

I'm glad you loved it. I wish you the best of luck. Coming to Michigan was the best decision for me.

Is Michigan still sending out interviews or are they done sending out all the spots for Pre-Decision Day?

D4 here - feel free to PM me with any specific questions. But we avoid burnout with lots of weekend fun :) Biggggg sports cultre and hopefully post-COVID world will return to normal. Ann Arbor is such a fun city, great restaurants/bars/nature to take a look at. Yes first two years are rapid fire 8-5 but you're going to get that at any dental school. D3/D4 year much more laid back, you choose your schedule/schedule your own patients and slots. For example, Pre-covid days I only went in 3 days a week and took most mondays and fridays off. Best of luck in this interview cycle!

hey so this might be a dumb question but do I stand a chnace to be invited to for an interview if i have not taken physiology?
stats:
oGPA: 3.41 sGPA: 2.97
maters GPA (biomedical sciences): 3.54
DAT: AA 19, TS 20, PAT 19, Reading 19
OOS!

Is Michigan still sending out interviews or are they done sending out all the spots for Pre-Decision Day?
I received an interview on 10/21 and have it on 10/28 & 10/29. Maybe you can call but I think they're still sending them out.

I received an interview on 10/21 and have it on 10/28 & 10/29. Maybe you can call but I think they're still sending them out.

do you mind if I ask for your stats and your completion date? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Y'all were not kidding that MMI was hard o_O

I can’t help but think there are surely people that did absolutely amazing on that.
We're all smart and capable! I'm sure that wasn't easy for anyone, and hopefully admissions won't judge us too harshly. Stay up :)

Interview #8
School: University of Michigan
Notification date: 11/3/2020
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/25 (marked complete by Michigan)
GPA (overall, science): 3.92, 3.9
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 25AA | 23TS | 30 RC | 30 PAT
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/11 MMI & 11/12 Virtual School Visit
Method of Interview: Zoom

Last edited:
Wait so is the second day just presentations? No one-on-one interviews?

Wait so is the second day just presentations? No one-on-one interviews?
Yeah. There aren't any one on one interviews just the MMI of the first day. The second day is just presentations.

Interview #6
Notification date: 11/4/2020
Residency: OOS (Florida)
Application complete date: Verified 07/17/2020 but was incomplete until 09/03/2020 when my official DAT scores came in
GPA (overall, science): 3.86, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/19/None
Dates available OR your interview date: 11/11/2020 and 11/12/2929
Method of Interview: Virtual

***this is my dream school I'm so excited. does anyone have any tips for the interview? I'm freaking out because I want to do best on this one***

Interview #6
Application complete date: Verified 07/17/2020 but was incomplete until 09/03/2020 when my official DAT scores came in

***this is my dream school I'm so excited. does anyone have any tips for the interview? I'm freaking out because I want to do best on this one***
In my opinion, there isn't much you can do to prepare for the interview! Maybe look up topics in dentistry or sample MMI questions to get familiar with thinking on your feet and being able to talk intelligently about dental topics. Good luck!

Interview #6

Congrats !!! What other schools did you get an interview so far?

So UMichigan is still sending out interviews in waves? I was concerned since I thought they send out every interview in September.
I received an interview invite last week and scheduled for this week so interviews are still being sent as far as I know.

So UMichigan is still sending out interviews in waves? I was concerned since I thought they send out every interview in September.
i completed day 2 of their interview today and they mentioned that this interview was the last one before decemeber. there will be one more interview in January.

i completed day 2 of their interview today and they mentioned that this interview was the last one before decemeber. there will be one more interview in January.

That's insaneeeeeeeeee. I don't even think anyone who applied after July get an invite.

how come? like no one who applied after June did not receive an invitation?
i applied mid July and received one for the November interview. i feel like it really depends on how they're looking at apps because some people got interviews really early and some won't get one until January which is the last interview

Anyone knows what is the admission’s criteria for Michigan? Do admissions committee solely decide based on the interview performance after the interview?

Anyone knows what is the admission’s criteria for Michigan? Do admissions committee solely decide based on the interview performance after the interview?
from what they said during the second day of the interview, it seems like they take everything into consideration when deciding who to accept (gpa, DAT, experiences, shadowing, etc.) including the MMI. i don't think the interview will be the only thing they take into account though

from what they said during the second day of the interview, it seems like they take everything into consideration when deciding who to accept (gpa, DAT, experiences, shadowing, etc.) including the MMI. i don't think the interview will be the only thing they take into account though
Thank you. I believe it should be holistic too.

Anybody know how many OOS students they interviewed for this cycle? I read in an older thread that for the class of 2020 they interviewed only 165~ OOS with 91 or so receiving an offer. If we had up to date stats onthis that would be really helpful

Anybody know how many OOS students they interviewed for this cycle? I read in an older thread that for the class of 2020 they interviewed only 165~ OOS with 91 or so receiving an offer. If we had up to date stats onthis that would be really helpful
I am from canada and I interviewed

Accepted through phone call at 8:55! In state!