University of Michigan Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Are they done sending interview invites

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Are acceptances after Jan 15 only for those who interviewed after Dec. or can you still get acceptances for early interviews??

Are they done sending interview invites
I saw on last years thread that last round of interviews was jan 24 and acceptances came feb 3rd ish. I think after that was waitlist or just not accepted, though thisbyear may be different.

Members don't see this ad :)
Decided to decline my seat. Good luck everyone

Reactions: 2 users
For those that interviewed today, did they say acceptance calls go out on February 1st or was it on the 3rd with more waitlist and rejection notices?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who are accepted and attending the school, any idea of how many seats are left for January students?

Same here, not sure what the secret ingredient is to securing an interview here
I know many things go into considerations, but I think if you are a "relative" of the Alumni network it helps.. lol

A good friend with 27AA, 3.95GPA, good extracurriculars got rejected without an interview as well.

• Wow
Hey! Anyone take a gap year and successfully gain admission? I am planning on taking a gap year and have pretty decent stats, but am confused on what exactly looks best for a gap year for UMich admission. TY for the help!

Anyone hear anything? Maybe it's a different day

My friend got a call around 9:20, so I am pretty sure everyone should hear some kind of update today.

Reactions: 3 users
What're the odds none of us get an acceptance? I thought for sure at least one of us would. Thought the covid-theory of more post-dec acceptances than normal would be true. Huh. Fingers crossed

Did the admissions committee say that they will give out offers, waitlists, or rejections today?

I never heard anything back since my interview in October :(

I wish we could call and ask what's up but they have their admissions phone set up so it automatically tells you to email them

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know or asked the admissions before about how many seats are left? I remember the post December interview it was about 50 candidates in the interview

Did the admissions committee say that they will give out offers, waitlists, or rejections today?
I had an interview post December. The admissions committee told my group they will reach out on Feb 3rd and notify us for everything. They said they will call with acceptances and then email for wailist or rejections. A close freind of mine who interviewed post december got a call in the morning around 9:30 am with an acceptance.

Haven’t gotten the rejection email yet, but my aadsas status was updated to application denied.

Just got a rejection email. Interviewed pre December

so looks like 3 rejection and 3 waitlisted.. did anyone get acceptance email today?

Just declined my seat. Someone else is about to get a spot and i hope it’s someone who truly wants it! ☺️

Just declined my seat. Someone else is about to get a spot and i hope it’s someone who truly wants it! ☺️
Where did you decide to go? Can you please share your stats (GPA, DAT, shadow hours, research hours) if you don't mind? Thanks

Where did you decide to go? Can you please share your stats (GPA, DAT, shadow hours, research hours) if you don't mind? Thanks
I decided to go to my state school because it is way cheaper for me. I had a 3.72 ogpa and a 3.66 sgpa. I had a 19AA/19TS/19PAT. I had about 200 shadowing hours and 200 volunteer hours. That’s honestly about it! I never did research.

I decided to go to my state school because it is way cheaper for me. I had a 3.72 ogpa and a 3.66 sgpa. I had a 19AA/19TS/19PAT. I had about 200 shadowing hours and 200 volunteer hours. That’s honestly about it! I never did research.
Thanks for the response back. I am glad you got into your state school. Best of luck.

This proves my and a few other people's (in this thread) theory that U of M's interview and acceptance selection criteria has some unknown secret recipe :)

I have turned down my seat, UMich sent out an email to people holding multiple deposits with a deadline of April 8th of letting the school know if they are planning on continuing, so I'd expect some movement in the upcoming weeks. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users