University of Michigan Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Accepted via phone call, OOS! Phone call around 9:00 am CST

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted via phone call at 10:18 am est! Last name W

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone gotten the email they said they'd send. I still have not received it yet..

Got the call at 9:00am! OOS! Now I have to decide between Mich and Maryland...

Anyone got an email yet? I hadn’t received a call or an email.

Anyone got an email yet? I hadn’t received a call or an email.
Same with me! I am not sure what to do, I haven't heard anything from them yet. Does anyone know why they haven't sent anything to some students?

Same with me! I am not sure what to do, I haven't heard anything from them yet. Does anyone know why they haven't sent anything to some students?

At my interview day, I remember them telling us that they won’t be sending waitlist or rejection emails until February, and we are still being considered until we receive our final decision

Got phone call around 10:30 AM est, missed it, they called back around 3 PM. Email came within the next hour

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone keep your hopes up!! Things are bound to change, me for example, if I get into my state school I will be giving up my seat...

Reactions: 1 users
Anybody make the facebook group yet? I got an email from UMich to look for one created by our peers but I didn't see one up already. If nobody made one I guess I will

Last edited:
Anybody make the facebook group yet? I got an email from UMich to look for one created by our peers but I didn't see one up already. If nobody made one I guess I will
What email said to look out for a Facebook group?

does anyone know approximately how much out of state tuition would be for every semester including fees and instruments. on adea explorer its around 63k not including living expenses but I wanted to know if anyone who attends there or knows someone can provide with a more accurate estimate.

On the document they showed on Day 2 it said Tuition/Fees is 57k per year for OOS

Anyone got waitlisted? I haven’t heard anything back yet... :(

I was wondering this, as well. I have not heard anything either.

On interview day, they told us they’d only be sending acceptances in December. If you didn’t hear anything, it means you’re still in consideration. They’ll send waitlist/rejection notifications in February.

Last year they sent out January interview invites on Dec. 30th & Jan 8th/forward. Does anyone who already interviewed know when they're for sure sending Jan interview invites?

Last year they sent out January interview invites on Dec. 30th & Jan 8th/forward. Does anyone who already interviewed know when they're for sure sending Jan interview invites?
theyre out of office until next week i believe so im assuming within a week or so theyll send invites because their last interview will be in january

Does anybody know when we get access to the curriculum? Or is it after orientation?

Does anybody know when we get access to the curriculum? Or is it after orientation?
The curriculum was kind of shown in the example D1 schedules in the google folder they shared with all interviewees

Does anyone know if University of Michigan accepts letter of intent? I heard that some schools accept them but some don't. Thank you in advance.

The curriculum was kind of shown in the example D1 schedules in the google folder they shared with all interviewees
Thanks! I just checked it and realized we do head and neck anatomy day one haha, is this different because of covid? I would have thought we would start with gross anatomy

can anyone share more about the interview process? was it just a Kirs MMI? or was there also a one-on-one. Also how exactly does the MMI work! Thank you!

can anyone share more about the interview process? was it just a Kirs MMI? or was there also a one-on-one. Also how exactly does the MMI work! Thank you!
Did you get an invite recently? It was just one-hour of Kira MMI. There was no one-on-one. They basically give you a few minutes to read a prompt on a specific dentistry topic and then let you record your answer for a few minutes. I suggest you practice reading fast/skimming through the prompt because Michigan's prompts were pretty long.

Did you get an invite recently? It was just one-hour of Kira MMI. There was no one-on-one. They basically give you a few minutes to read a prompt on a specific dentistry topic and then let you record your answer for a few minutes. I suggest you practice reading fast/skimming through the prompt because Michigan's prompts were pretty long.
Thank you! yes, I received an invite yesterday. I have done a few interviews that were Kira question based but not prompts. They were all recorded videos so I am really confused by this concept. Are the prompts all ethical based and scenario-based?

Thank you! yes, I received an invite yesterday. I have done a few interviews that were Kira question based but not prompts. They were all recorded videos so I am really confused by this concept. Are the prompts all ethical based and scenario-based?
Hey, were you given a date or did you pick one? I’m wondering if there’s still a chance I’ll get one :( Congrats on the interview!

Was the one-on-one interview a traditional interview with admission faculty and then you proceed to do a Kira interview? Is there a source you specifically study from for the MMI format? Thank you for your time! really appreciate it!
Hey, were you given a date or did you pick one? I’m wondering if there’s still a chance I’ll get one :( Congrats on the interview!
Yes, they sent me an email and I was given a date. I hope you get an interview from the UofM! Thank you!

Was the one-on-one interview a traditional interview with admission faculty and then you proceed to do a Kira interview? Is there a source you specifically study from for the MMI format? Thank you for your time! really appreciate it!

Yes, they sent me an email and I was given a date. I hope you get an interview from the UofM! Thank you!
Do you mind PM’ing me your stats and when you completed the app and such? Thank you!

There wasn't a one-on-one interview, just the Kira one. Sorry if I wasn't clear! I just went over the questions posted on sdn and just did general searching for MMI formats.

There wasn't a one-on-one interview, just the Kira one. Sorry if I wasn't clear! I just went over the questions posted on sdn and just did general searching for MMI formats.
My bad mate I just did not read that right I'm sorry! Can I pm you the sources that I found on the web?

Do you mind PM’ing me your stats and when you completed the app and such? Thank you!

Could you post your stats and date of application completion on here actually?

Thank you! I didn't have an option, I was just given a date. I hope you hear back soon

Hi guys, I have a few very random questions about life at UMich. Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer input :)
  • Do we get to wear scrubs all of the time? Like do people wear them to didactic classes in addition to sim lab and clinics. Also, are there many occasions where we have to dress up professionally?
  • Do they provide us with a tablet/ laptop or do we have to buy our own?
  • How late is the sim lab open during non-covid times?
  • How do you avoid burnout when there are not very many scheduled breaks compared to most other dental schools? Looking at the schedule, it seems pretty exhausting going straight through for four years :/
  • Do they have support services, such as tutoring, if you find that you are struggling in a class or in sim lab?

What day is the interview at?

Hi guys, I have a few very random questions about life at UMich. Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer input :)
  • Do we get to wear scrubs all of the time? Like do people wear them to didactic classes in addition to sim lab and clinics. Also, are there many occasions where we have to dress up professionally?
  • How do you avoid burnout when there are not very many scheduled breaks compared to most other dental schools? Looking at the schedule, it seems pretty exhausting going straight through for four years :/
  • Do they have support services, such as tutoring, if you find that you are struggling in a class or in sim lab?
based on what I have seen / heard from current students in terms of some of these questions, scrubs are required at all times when you are at the school. you do not need specific colors so you can wear whichever brand or color you have as long as the top and bottom match. they also provide us with an iPad and Apple Pencil. I unfortunately am not sure about the rest.

I'm trying to rationalize the few breaks as more bang for buck 😂 hoping it works haha I'm sure that every minute you put into dental school will pay off in the long run!