University of Minnesota C/0 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cujoh325

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread yet so I thought I'd start one!

Anyone receive an interview offer yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't gotten an interview yet bc my app hasn't been verified. I submitted on 8/20. Hopefully soon! Have you gotten an interview yet?

Yes! Just got the invitation today. Got invited for Oct. 9th, but will be interviewing on Oct. 23rd since I have another interview that same day.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sweet! I am getting really frustrated with pharmcas. It's been almost 5 weeks. How long did it take for your app to be verified?

I submitted my pharmcas on 8-21, everything was verified on 9-16. My interview offers came within hours of verification, so I'm guessing they just keep everything on file until the GPAs are verified. Is Minnesota your #1 choice?

What the heck. I submitted a day earlier than you and it's not done. I'll call them.
I am stuck between Minnesota and u of Colorado. I'll be happy with both but it will be hard choosing if they both accept me.
Is Minnesota your #1?

I'm going back and forth between Minnesota and University of Wisconsin

This thread has been quiet lately. How's everyone doing???

Sorry! I just received an interview for the 20th this month. How was your interview?

Thought it went pretty well. I was a little nervous, but everyone there is really nice and welcoming. Very impressed with what the school has to offer!

Oh cool! Were the questions they asked pretty standard?

Yep, nothing too crazy! Quite a few situational questions, like what would you do if you saw this, how would you handle this, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
3.9 GPA
90 PCAT composite
about 6 months retail pharmacy experience + job shadowing
Quite a bit of extracurriculars + volunteering.

Good luck on your interview btw!

Wow, you have a 110% shot of getting into the U. Good job!
3.9 GPA
90 PCAT composite
about 6 months retail pharmacy experience + job shadowing
Quite a bit of extracurriculars + volunteering.

Good luck on your interview btw!

Got my acceptance letter today! :) Hopefully will be seeing some of you in the fall!

Got my acceptance letter today! :) Hopefully will be seeing some of you in the fall!

Congrats!!!
Interview next week, so hopefully I do well enough to get accepted!

Last edited:
Congrats!!!
Interview next week, so hopefully I do well enough to get accepted!

Hey! I'm also torn between the U of MN and the U of CO and I'm interviewing on the 20th at UMN as well.

Have you interviewed with CO yet? It looks like we're in the same boat!

Hey! I'm also torn between the U of MN and the U of CO and I'm interviewing on the 20th at UMN as well.

Have you interviewed with CO yet? It looks like we're in the same boat!

Yeah I interviewed CO on 10/30!
Haven't heard back yet but I'm getting nervous.

I loved Colorado in the first place and fell in love with it even more after my interview! I hope I get in.
But it is going to be a tough choice with Minnesota.
We will see how things go on the 20th!

Wondering for those of you who have already been interviewed, what types of questions are asked other than of course why pharmacy and why this school?

Here are the questions for a different school but should be similar

1. What did you do after high school?

2. What influenced your decision to be a pharmacist? (why do you want to become a pharmacist)

3. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? (5 yrs, etc)

4. Do you see yourself working in a retail pharmacy?

5. What are some of the different areas (fields) in pharmacy?

6. Do you have any pharmacy experience? If so, what do you like about your job?

7. What is the greatest issue facing the health care field today, and how would you fix it?

8. If you were to pick up a magazine, what would it be?

9. How did you prepare for the PCAT?

10. Why do you feel a specific PCAT score was low? (Explain your PCAT scores)

11. What is your first school choice?

12. Why do you want to come to NSU (other school)

13. What other school(s) did you apply to?

14. What would you do if all of the schools to which you applied rejected you? (What would you do if you are not accepted this year?)

15. Where would you go if you are accepted in all the schools you applied to?

16. If a friend of yours were to describe you, what 3 words would they use?

17. How would your friends describe you and your study habits?

18. Why did you change from a career in business?

19. What is your strength? Weakness? (Tell us 3 of you weaknesses, etc

20. What did you do during your break from school (1985-1994)?

21. How do you study for your classes?

22. What is your best subject? Worst subject?

23. Can you handle 18 credits?

24. How are your time management skills?

25. Let’s say you left a class with a huge pile of material to memorize for your next class. How would you study it?

26. What are your extracurricular activities?

27. Why pharmacy?

28. Tell me about yourself.

29. What do you do for fun/to relieve stress?

30. What sets you apart from other applicants who have applied?

31. Your greatest strength/weakness?

32. Your greatest accomplishment?

33. How do you study/prepare for a test?

34. Recall a difficult situation/ethical dilemma you were faced with and how you dealt with it?

35. Why should we accept you?

36. What are the qualities of a pharmacist (that you possess)?

37. Can PharmD’s prescribe?

38. What does a pharmacist do?

39. Who is your role model/mentor? Why?

40. Describe a situation where you took on a leadership role.

41. 3 adjectives describing yourself.

42. The future of pharmacy/challenges in the field?

43. What sticks out to you in our curriculum?

44. What has shaped your moral character?

45. How did you deal with a situation where you had to work with someone you didn’t like very much?

46. What was your defining moment for deciding on a career in pharmacy?

47. Describe a time you gave someone the benefit of the doubt.

48. Describe to us a time you were misunderstood with something you said.

49. Describe a time you were altruistic.

Wondering for those of you who have already been interviewed, what types of questions are asked other than of course why pharmacy and why this school?

To those who interviewed, does Minnesota allow you to choose what campus your interview is at or is it random? And what time did your interview take place?

you have your interview at the campus you will attend once you matriculate. You pick the campus you will attend, and that is where you have your interview

To those who interviewed, does Minnesota allow you to choose what campus your interview is at or is it random? And what time did your interview take place?
Yes you get to choose where you want to be interviewed at! And just because you may interview at Duluth doesn't mean you have to go there or vice versa. At the interview you will select your preferences for the school. I believe there is a morning interview session starting at 8am and an afternoon one starting at 11:30am.

No :( I wish! I am guessing it will be not until next week at the earliest!

Reactions: 1 user
Did everyone here interview at the Twin Cities campus? Do they schedule half the interviews at one campus and the other half at the other?

It seems that they have a limited number of spots to interview people for a certain date on that certain campus. For example, I was originally offered to interview on the Duluth campus, but it turns out that when I accepted the offer, they filled all the spots for that day. I ended up interviewing on the Twin Cities campus 2 weeks later. But where you interview (and where you preference) has absolutely no impact on your admissions decision!

Are they sending a letter in the mail or is it just going to be an email?

Hello Everyone, I interviewed on 12.4, now I'm patiently waiting to hear back-
From what I have heard from friends that are already in the pharmacy school is that we will first get informed by email of our acceptance status.
Also, I know people who interviewed on 11.20 and as soon as they hear I will let the team know.
Please post your acceptance dates, date interviewed, and your stats once accepted, Thanks!

I'M IN!!!!! Interviewed on 11/20!! Good luck to you all!!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
I have been accepted! I also interviewed on 11/20!

I've been accepted too! I interviewed on 11/20.
See you all next year!

Hey I recently got offered an interview at the Twin Cities campus on Jan. 15. What sort of questions did they ask? I saw some already responded with ethical questions, but were there any that really stumped you?

Also I'm flying in from Chicago so if anyone has any cheap hotel/living recommendations, let me know! I'm excited to see what the Twin Cities have to offer!

They asked about the research I had been involved in. They asked why pharmacy as opposed to a different healthcare profession. And they asked several behavioral based questions.

Also- the commons hotel is very close to where the interview is held. Good luck!

For those of you who got accepted- what were your stats?

They asked about the research I had been involved in. They asked why pharmacy as opposed to a different healthcare profession. And they asked several behavioral based questions.

Also- the commons hotel is very close to where the interview is held. Good luck!

For those of you who got accepted- what were your stats?

Interviewed: 11/20
GPA: 3.6
PCAT: 89
Internship at Walgreens for 120 hours

Good luck to everyone!!

I know someone who got accepted from the 11/20 interview date with a 3.4 GPA and 79 PCAT, don't lose hope friends! Another person got accepted from 11/20 and had 3.9 GPA 82 PCAT.

Keep posting stats!

Also, I'll let everyone know when I hear back from the U, they said by the 23rd!

Seriously don't give up!

I have a 2.98 gpa and 94 on the pcat and I got in from the 11/20.

I had difficult situations which it explains my gpa and I explained it my interview. However, I have lots of extracurricular activities and worked in a pharmacy for 1.5 years.

Good luck to everyone else!

Last edited:
For those of you who had the 11.20 interview they probably gave you a date by which they would let you know of their decision. Did you have to wait until that day to hear back or did they contact you earlier than that?! I'm going crazy waiting haha

For those of you who had the 11.20 interview they probably gave you a date by which they would let you know of their decision. Did you have to wait until that day to hear back or did they contact you earlier than that?! I'm going crazy waiting haha

They gave us Dec. 14th but I heard back yesterday (12/11).

Hang in there buddy! You will get yours soon!

Three days early, I hope! Thanks man. Hope we can be classmates!

I also got in from the 11/20 interviews! :) My stats:
GPA: 3.85
PCAT: 93
150+ hours volunteer experience in pharmacy
30 hours of shadowing
President of Pre-Health Club
No bachelors degree

I'm excited to meet everyone, and good luck to those who are interviewing soon!

I also got in after interviewing on 11/20!
GPA: 3.40
PCAT: 94th
2.5 years with retail pharmacy
1.5 years in a lab
Several student orgs
Some shadowing
Biochem BS degree

Are you all planning on going to MN or are you waiting for other offers? MN was my top choice and I'm pretty sure I'll be going here :)

I also got in after interviewing on 11/20!
GPA: 3.40
PCAT: 94th
2.5 years with retail pharmacy
1.5 years in a lab
Several student orgs
Some shadowing
Biochem BS degree

Are you all planning on going to MN or are you waiting for other offers? MN was my top choice and I'm pretty sure I'll be going here :)

I'll be going to MN if i get in. I'll hear back in 5-8 days! Do you go to MN undergrad? I do. This college is awesome, and compared to all of the other colleges I have visited only the Concordia WI campus compares, but they're not as prestigious :/ Congrats on getting in!!

I went to the University of Iowa for undergrad! Best of luck, I'm sure you'll be fine :)

When I interviewed on 12.4 I was informed that 90 applicants had been interviewed to date and 20% filled seats to date. For those of you interviewing at a later date could you post this updated information? Thank you

When I interviewed on 12.4 I was informed that 90 applicants had been interviewed to date and 20% filled seats to date. For those of you interviewing at a later date could you post this updated information? Thank you

I also interviewed on 12-4! The date is getting closer and I'm getting nervous! I just want to hear back by now. Have you heard anything yet? What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

I got accepted today. I'm the worst I've heard from anyone so far :)
I had a 3.1 GPA, 77 PCAT, and 1 yr pharm tech. no volunteer. and rocked the interview obviously.

I also know someone from 12.4 who got in with a 70 PCAT, 3.5gpa, 4 yrs pharm tech.